Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Has anyone got treatment in Europe with the E112 process?

• 04-01-2015 5:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm sick to death of dealing with incompetent, rude and unhelpful HSE consultants.

I have read about the E112 form, which allows treatment in another EU country, and am looking for peoples' personal experiences with this process.

The HSE is driving me to the brink of insanity, and there isn't even a proper mechanism to complain about it.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I'm sick to death of dealing with incompetent, rude and unhelpful HSE consultants.

I have read about the E112 form, which allows treatment in another EU country, and am looking for peoples' personal experiences with this process.

The HSE is driving me to the brink of insanity, and there isn't even a proper mechanism to complain about it.:mad:

I have experience with this. What do you want to know exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 135 ✭✭PutDownArtist

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I have experience with this. What do you want to know exactly?

I guess I want a general account of your experience.

Was it difficult to set up? Were you happy with the outcome? Which country do you recommend? And so on.

Thanks for any reply.

I guess I want a general account of your experience.

Was it difficult to set up? Were you happy with the outcome? Which country do you recommend? And so on.

Thanks for any reply.

Unfortunately I don't thinks its that simple. You can't just pick a country to get it done in and expect the goverment to pay for it. For me, my consultant set it up for me. At the time the equipment wasn't available in Ireland. They arranged for me to travel to the uk to get it done.

I'm fairly sure that if it can be done in Ireland that they won't fund you to travel abroad. This link has more info

http://www.hse.ie/treatmentabroad/

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

Late reply - Can I contact you about how you went about getting approval for the TAS treatment abroad scheme?

Shazamm wrote: »
    Late reply - Can I contact you about how you went about getting approval for the TAS treatment abroad scheme?

Everything was done through my consultant. As the equipment was not available in Ireland at the time my consultant arranged for the treatment elsewhere. I would suggest speaking with your doctor and they will be able to advise you of your options.

• Advertisement

Everything was done through my consultant. As the equipment was not available in Ireland at the time my consultant arranged for the treatment elsewhere. I would suggest speaking with your doctor and they will be able to advise you of your options.

Thanks for the reply.
    Can I ask if all costs were covered and if there was a long wait for approval?

Shazamm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.
    Can I ask if all costs were covered and if there was a long wait for approval?

As far as I remember everything was covered including flights. As I brought someone with me, they had to pay for their own flight and accommodation which is only fair.

I can't remember how long I had to wait to get approval. It was within a few months anyway.

As far as I remember everything was covered including flights. As I brought someone with me, they had to pay for their own flight and accommodation which is only fair.

I can't remember how long I had to wait to get approval. It was within a few months anyway.

Thanks. Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Maj321

I am presently awaiting approval for TAS also. My consultant feels it will be approved in approx 3 weeks, as the consultant abroad has already accepted me and surgery cannot be done in Ireland.

Do they also pay for your accommodation/ flights?

Advertisement