Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday

Options
  • 03-01-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭

Right now I couldn't even pick the snot out of my 2 year old grandchild who is dying with a cold, so please take my picks with a pinch of salt. At the same time though, I think Prince Of Passion is well handicapped in the 1:10 at Southwell tomorrow. Has won at this course around this time last year off a mark of 58 - tomorrow sees it way down to 48 in a very mediocre looking class 6 race. Ignore the race it got beat in last time out, those horses it was up against were about 2 stone too good for it. Thanks to that though, it got 3lb knocked off it which isn't too bad considering the company it was in and how well it ran. 12/1 Paddy Power a very nice price, figure either this one wins or comes nowhere - so doing this straight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Naas 3.05
    Moreece @ 3/1
    Win expected tomorrow and recent form is solid. Finally get his head over the line all going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wondering how good sail by the sea might be over fences

I'm thinking would have to be very good to beat grumeti and chris pea green but (1.20Plu)
    is receiving weight
    prob let the market guide on this one first

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Also, Tony's form in Ireland has been absolutely dreadful, but I am willing to take him in the big race tomorrow on the Gordon Elliot horse. 2/1 best price at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Also, Tony's form in Ireland has been absolutely dreadful, but I am willing to take him in the big race tomorrow on the Gordon Elliot horse. 2/1 best price at the moment

Can't have his horse in the Beginners Chase either, odds on, on her first run in over 3 yrs! I'd even go Railway Zira ew at the prices as Mullins horse hasn't really done much

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

PLUM - 12:50 - DEVILMENT (3/1)

PLUM - 13:50 - CARACCI APACHE (6/4)

PLUM - 14:50 - AMORTH BAY (6/1) and ITOLDYOU (16/1 E/W)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Tempted to back Tell us more for the Neptune before he (possibly) wins later. They will surely cut the price if he does

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Moon Dice wrote: »
    Tempted to back Tell us more for the Neptune before he (possibly) wins later. They will surely cut the price if he does

He'll be 3/1 after his demolition job....hopefully :)

Only one horse I like today at the prices. In the Sussex National 2-50 Plumpton Reblis won it last year and Gorgheous Lliege look the two to focus on but just fancy Flying Award to step up on his runs from this year, will love the trip and will staying on when other's have cried enough, has won on his only other start at the track, this time of year seems to be his best having won twice in January and although near the top of the weights Lucy Gardner takes off 5lbs. 16/1 a nice ew bet

SAVED MY BACON in 12:40
    17's Win

oPATCHo wrote: »
    SAVED MY BACON in 12:40
    17's Win

:(:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mailburner wrote: »
    wondering how good sail by the sea might be over fences

I'm thinking would have to be very good to beat grumeti and chris pea green but (1.20Plu)
    is receiving weight
    prob let the market guide on this one first

took 15/8 on this (from 5/2 last nite)
    now 11/8
    the market has spoken hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Going big on Sail by the Sea here Plumpton 1.20, chancing my arm really.. need a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

jimjamcos wrote: »
    He'll be 3/1 after his demolition job....hopefully :)

Must admit hadn't read much about this fella until this weekend. Regardless of the manner, the form of his victories has yet to be franked, yep? Hope he lives up to expectations , really good horses in there today.

Going big on Sail by the Sea here Plumpton 1.20, chancing my arm really.. need a winner

Ouch, horse needed the run on the evidence of that :(

terrible

Looked to have them in trouble then just emptied definitely in need of the run as Pipe said who was also very downbeat before the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Why is there such hype about this horse?

Nulty wrote: »
    Why is there such hype about this horse?

There isn't anymore! Typically backed McKinley when he pulled up at Leopardstown at Christmas through lameness yet barely over a week later is winning a grade 1

Townend is picking up a few nice winners on outsiders lately.

Will Tell Us More be a better horse on better ground?
    Jumped extremely well and im happy with my 16's for the Neptune

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Not surprised he got beaten but he ran well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Bugger i took 6's before the race. Fail. Hopefully will improve a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

Townend is picking up a few nice winners on outsiders lately.

Will Tell Us More be a better horse on better ground?
    Jumped extremely well and im happy with my 16's for the Neptune

Looking at his action, he'll definately be better on better ground. don't write him off for chelt yet.

Ruby didn't have his weetabix this morning anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Tell Us More jumped lovely (will be a fine chaser regardless) but you'd have to be very disappointed with the finish given it was his first time in a battle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Its just the weekend the Mullins second string win the races at big prices, wouldn't be too put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

jimjamcos wrote: »
    Tell Us More jumped lovely (will be a fine chaser regardless) but you'd have to be very disappointed with the finish given it was his first time in a battle

Yeah I was thinking all the way around that this lad looks top class, jumped very nicely and quickened well when Cooper asked.. but then the final couple of furlongs were such a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Yeah I was thinking all the way around that this lad looks top class, jumped very nicely and quickened well when Cooper asked.. but then the final couple of furlongs were such a let down.

Don't think mckinley gets enough credit could be a very smart horse can't believe 50s on betfair this morning jesus just seen sp 33-1 anyone know top price on betfair knew I shudder watched today had him last time also when pulled up

• Registered Users Posts: 35,682 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Kalopsia 3.35
    Qasser 3.55
    Balkinstown 3.05

Treble 82-1

oPATCHo wrote: »
    PLUM - 12:50 - DEVILMENT (3/1)

PLUM - 13:50 - CARACCI APACHE (6/4)

PLUM - 14:50 - AMORTH BAY (6/1) and ITOLDYOU (16/1 E/W)

2 will do today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Anyone tempted by the 12/1 available now for Tell us More. I thought he ran well his jumping was spot on and he will surely go better on better ground. The only worry was he didn't battle great and will he battle up the Cheltenham hill.

Advertisement