Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Asians find weird / gross about Westerners

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I don't for a moment believe that Asians find all westerners look the same. There are larger phenotypic differences between individual westerners than Asians. Hair colour. Eye colour. Facial shape. Noses. Ear lobes.

Youd think that wouldnt you..but if you look at a photo of a big group of white school kids or college kids they often look all very alike tbh. And like just look at Ireland, we nearly all have blue eyes and dark brown hair. Id reckon about 75%+ of irish men have naturally brown hair and blue eyes. Seems to be more hair diversity in girls from what i can see.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Using bidets and toilet hoses seems less hygienic to me. Splashing the germs around the place. The water would be a hindrance, not a help. Dry wiping is more contained and keeps things more solid.

If you had a spot of shyte on your forearm.....would you rather wipe it off with a piece of tissue or wash it off?.......

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ElWalrus

FURET wrote: »
    1. Female emancipation - OK, this doesn't apply very much to E and SE Asian countries...but for subcontinental and middle eastern folks, this is a big no-no.

I completely misread this one. Thought it was another similar sounding word beginning with 'e'.

I'm putting that down to Friday afternoon tiredness! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Every Japanese person I have ever seen has pixelated genitals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Grayson wrote: »
    How do they feel about us drinking. I'd heard this before but coincidentally i was just reading this about drinking/hangovers.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/05/26/a-few-too-many

I've heard (in this thread and other places) that there is a lot of drinking in places like Korea. is it that there's a lot of drink or that they just get drunk easy? And do they think we're alco's?

Apparently they are big into their spirits in South Korea, even more than the Russians.
    According to analysis by the global marketing-research firm Euromonitor International, South Koreans are the world’s biggest consumers of hard liquor, at 11.2 shots a week on average. They make the world’s second largest consumers, the Russians, seem like lightweights at a mere five shots a week.

http://time.com/6616/south-koreans-slam-down-11-2-shots-of-hard-liquor-each-week/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

ElWalrus wrote: »
    I completely misread this one. Thought it was another similar sounding word beginning with 'e'.

I'm putting that down to Friday afternoon tiredness! :eek:
    e-mail emancipation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Planet X wrote: »
    If you had a spot of shyte on your forearm.....would you rather wipe it off with a piece of tissue or wash it off?.......

Actual shíte, as in excrement? Tissue, if it has to be one or the other.

How I would clean it with no 'either or' restrictions would be remove the excess with tissue, then rinse. But that area is much more accessible so it would be easier to control splashing and whatnot. Washing the nether regions is far messier and the chances of contaminating the surroundings is therefore much greater.

Going to straight to rinsing with water would never be my first choice. Whenever I clean any kind of spill, the excess is mopped up first with a cloth or kitchen paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think it is fascinating that Japan is presented as quite a conservative country yet their TV is downright crazy.

Advertisement