Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you celebrate New Years Eve

Options
  • 31-12-2014 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I plan on putting the kids to bed and opening a nice bottle of wine at home with my wife. Will be in bed hours before midnight.

How do you plan to celebrate?

How will you celebrate NYE? 97 votes

Not at all
    0% 0 votes
    Out in a pub
    41% 40 votes
    An organized event/gig
    6% 6 votes
    Hosting a party
    2% 2 votes
    Going to a party
    1% 1 vote
    Dinner/food
    12% 12 votes
    At home
    2% 2 votes
    Family event
    35% 34 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Handier to use a corkscrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Your wife must be a thin wiry woman.

You forgot a very important option in the poll OP:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Where's the Atari Jaguar Loike, read this in D4 accent for full effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

You forgot a very important option in the poll OP:mad::mad::mad:

Down the bog at a campfire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,094 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'll be doing nothing myself.

Down the bog at a campfire?
    I wish.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

At home with a bottle of Jameson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

I'll celebrate by shifting the oul wan at midnight. Maybe the oul lad too if he's lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'll probably have a cup of tea at some point. Might go wild and crack open a tin of USA biscuits. I was saving it for a special occasion, but YOLO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Cry into my pillow for a few hours then go asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Can't go out, too ill, but not a bit upset about it.

I'm reminded that firstly I have to pay €15 to get in; the pub is always jammed, the band never starts til near midnight, there's always a queue for the toilets and when you do get in, they're disgusting; toilet roll and sanitary towels littered all over the cubicle, wet sink areas so you can't put your bag down, no paper towels etc.

People being messy drunks, bumping into you and then chatting drunkenly to you at the bar, getting hoarse because you have to talk loudly over everyone, then waiting an age for a taxi on the way home.

Not worth it, I don't think. It's all overrated.

Bottle of wine, some snacks and a film is what we're going to have tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm in bed already. Warmest place in the house.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Going to make Hot Ports for myself & wife. Might toss some Brandy in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Fingering the box off some young wan on the dancefloor while giving her an emotional two second kiss at midnight before more fingering.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Hope It Falls Off.
    Happy New Year 😂

Friends house for a few hours and the into town in time for the countdown etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

As far away from people as possible usually, but apparently everyone is staying home tonight and more people have been invited over. Oh joy. I pray PSN stays stable tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I Never thought so many posters would be engaging in sexual activity for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,841 ✭✭✭RayCon

working :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Me, fiance, glow of the fire, few drinks, Jools Holland on TV and Christmas tree lights still on. Perfect. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Friends house for a few hours and the into town in time for the countdown etc.

A shower and some clean pants please. It is a special occasion after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Fingering the box off some young wan on the dancefloor while giving her an emotional two second kiss at midnight before more fingering.

Ah to be 14 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Well this year I was supposed to be in Hawaii...instead my wife got too good an opportunity at work to pass up

So...she is working tonight

I am meeting some friends for a game of football then probably out for drink/bite of eat with them - then home.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,106 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A private party by my pool with selected guests. Come midnight, we mill the champers and jump in fully clothed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Going to a party. No real interest in house parties but it's my mates 1st year in his house so it's just a case of going with the flow really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

i usually have a ****

i time it so that i blow my load just at the "stroke" of midnight

how sad am i :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

I wanted to meditate myself into a state of internal peace in solitiude but I'm being forced to drink with company. And Jools Holland later.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Nothing. OH is a chef so won't be home for it and I can't be dealing with those countdowns on TV. If OH was ever able to get NYE off I would love to go to the ball in the hotel he works in one year, just as a treat. Other than that i'm happy out treating it like any other night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This year, as every year, my wife and I are visiting her family and ringing in the new year with them. The only difference this year is that my sister will be joining us. We haven't seen each other in a year (as she emigrated), but we've got a few days together before she gets her flight on Sunday. Yay

Advertisement