Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting land?

Options
  • 30-12-2014 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Some advice please if any of you have experience. A local sheep farmer has approached me about the possibility of renting two of my fields, which amounts to 3 acres. The fencing would need attention, if not replaced for sheep. The land has gotten overgrown and the sheep would do it the power of good. What sort of conditions should we be discussing, what sort of periods are common for winter grazing? What should I be charging? I thought if saying, do the fencing and it's yours for the year...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Moffett wrote: »
    Some advice please if any of you have experience. A local sheep farmer has approached me about the possibility of renting two of my fields, which amounts to 3 acres. The fencing would need attention, if not replaced for sheep. The land has gotten overgrown and the sheep would do it the power of good. What sort of conditions should we be discussing, what sort of periods are common for winter grazing? What should I be charging? I thought if saying, do the fencing and it's yours for the year...

Say it to him and see what he says. Certainly wouldn't be a bad offer. Would you intend to let him keep farming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Moffett

I would like to keep my options option in regards to using it myself in the coming years. I suppose what I'm asking is, how long would the fencing buy, giving the man a good price? And what periods should I agree on? Annual etc...

Advertisement