Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got nothing for Christmas

Options
  • 30-12-2014 3:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

I litterly didn't get any presents for Christmas I'm in my early 20s! It's been like this most years ! We just don't really care much for presents I'm totally fine with it ! My parents never see me stuck for cash during the year ! I have a pritty good lifestyle , they get me bits and peaces during the year ! They always push out the boat on Christmas Day , the best of food and drink ! I don't care one bit! They provide enough during the year! I just get so surprised when I see all these pics of people's Christmas presents iPhones , watches , jewellery it all looks so bloody expensive !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

You seem excited! !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭bluemartin

I am sure you would still have liked to have received something ;), maybe your parents didn't get a chance to buy any. Besides presents aren't the be all and end all of everything, you get plenty of love and support and you have a good lifestyle so no I wouldnt worry too much about it. I knew a person once that went out and bought his own present wrapped it and put it under the tree :P

To be honest it is far more distressing when you see a little kid who didn't receive anything for Christmas, that is just the pits:(

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

I litterly didn't get any presents for Christmas I'm in my early 20s! It's been like this most years ! We just don't really care much for presents I'm totally fine with it ! My parents never see me stuck for cash during the year ! I have a pritty good lifestyle , they get me bits and peaces during the year ! They always push out the boat on Christmas Day , the best of food and drink ! I don't care one bit! They provide enough during the year! I just get so surprised when I see all these pics of people's Christmas presents iPhones , watches , jewellery it all looks so bloody expensive !

If it works for you guys than good for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

They say we're young and we don't know
    Won't find out until we grow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭clownface95

They provide me with enough cash when it comes to collage fees , my car , and other things ! I'd hate to go asking them for an iphone or something !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Go out tomorrow and buy yourself something nice. Wrap it in Christmas paper an put it away. By next Christmas you'll have forgotten what you brought. Make sure what you buy will last a year without being opened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

my kind of person! particularly in the last few years, I've really hated the whole present thing around christmas. I wouldn't be the biggest holy joe but the meaning of Christmas is completely lost.

I asked my brother the other day, what does Christmas mean to you.
    His answer: "food and presents sure."

*sigh*

I think some people are picking me up the wrong way , I'm not ranting on that I want them to buy me things for Christmas . I'm just saying you don't need to have expensive iPhones and what not to have a good Christmas !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

I litterly didn't get any presents for Christmas I'm in my early 20s! ...

How many did you give?
    They provide me with enough cash when it comes to collage fees

Tell them they're not getting their money's worth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Maybe next year! They'll get you! Spelling lessons!

• Advertisement

Go f*ck yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Go f*ck yourself

Back on the naughty list!

Not looking good for next year either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I bought the wife a babyliss hair curler for €190
    She treated me to a €15 iTunes card

Load of bollocks!! ... But its the thought that counts. I suppose.

Oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

I bought the wife a babyliss hair curler for €190
    She treated me to a €15 iTunes card

Load of bollocks!! ... But its the thought that counts. I suppose.

Haha I'm sorry that made me laugh! :)
    TBH, I'd get more enjoyment out of the iTunes card..and I'm a girl! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Go f*ck yourself

Well it's! No wonder! You don't get! Presents!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

Don't worry about it. Im 45, have had 5-6 presents in the last 20 years. Parents are very old. No siblings. Relations 30+ years older. Get a Kris Kindle going in work. Got a Christmas Jumper this year. Will be wearing it in 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Do your friends' parents fund them throughout the year to the same extent that yours do though?
    I remember during my time in college one of my housemates was scandalised that my mum had bought me in the region of €150 worth of stuff for Christmas - I think it was a coat and a handbag - when her own parents had 'only' spent about €50 on her gifts.
    The main difference in circumstances was that I was paying my own way through college, while her parents were paying for her rent/fees/petrol/tax/insurance/groceries/pocket money (she was 22).
    If I was financially supporting another adult to that extent I'd be less inclined to shower them with Christmas presents, but I sure as hell would hope for a nice gift or other gesture from them as a token of appreciation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭estudent

A lot of people ....even with everything they ever wanted still ask why they are on this planet.

I think it's important to acknowledge most of these people would be happier if they had nothing at all.

I'm suggesting that those people transfer their happiness and wealth to to those who don't know it yet.

In the event some participants are dissatisfied, we can acknowledge those individuals don't want to be happy.

Naturally, we have some pharmaceutical drugs for their disorganized thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭endacl

They provide me with enough cash when it comes to collage fees
    Safety scissors, coloured paper, glue, old magazines to cut up? I'd say you're fairly hard done by.

Hit them up for papier mâché next year. In fairness now.

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

I think we'd all feel better if you just sat in the corner and didn't annoy everyone while they enjoy their presents.

No.. I'm not Fairly done by , just I don't need expensive presents to keep me happy for Christmas .

No.. I'm not Farley done by

Like a rusk?

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 279 ✭✭thomur

I got 1 present for Christmas. It was a Christmas jumper. Will be wearing in in Feb

thomur wrote: »
    I got 1 present for Christmas. It was a Christmas jumper. Will be wearing in in Feb

Did you not mention that just a few posts ago?

This thread is getting weird...

No.. I'm not Fairly done by
    Ah. Ninja edit produces interesting parapraxis! Capitalised and everything.

Now we're getting somewhere. Tell us. Did you get presents as a child? Were you breastfed?

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭jeepers101

Ha! I've never seen AH at 3 in the morning before.

It's brilliant.

jeepers101 wrote: »
    Ha! I've never seen AH at 3 in the morning before.

It's brilliant.

The nightshift finds the truth of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

endacl wrote: »
    The nightshift finds the truth of things...

*Clocks in*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Asarlai

babyliss hair curler for €190
    €15 iTunes card

But its the thought that counts. I suppose.

Hmmmm...not so sure, but I love your positive attitude

Advertisement