Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolex Oyster Perpetual

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I ended up buying a new one 3 years ago next month. Any recommendations of where to get it polished?

Haven’t taken it off since and it’s fairly scuffed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I ended up buying a new one 3 years ago next month. Any recommendations of where to get it polished?

Haven’t taken it off since and it’s fairly scuffed?

If you're in Limerick give J.A Daly's or Kenneallys a try both on Wickham at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,759 ✭✭✭893bet

Are you selling? Why get it polished. If it’s a daily wearer then leave as it is.

893bet wrote: »
    Are you selling? Why get it polished. If it’s a daily wearer then leave as it is.

No not selling, doubt I ever would.

I thought I could just get it polished as a routine thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Isn't it part of the 'patina'. I have a Kermit flat 4. From reading some reputable forums there's a school of thought to leave it alone. What do the collective think?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,496 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Personally I'm a believer in treating a tool watch as just that.
    The wear and patina are where the character is developed for me.

A dress watch of course would be a bit different, but unless I was selling or there was particular marking or discolouration a cape cod cloth would probably be as far as I go.

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Isn't it part of the 'patina'. I have a Kermit flat 4. From reading some reputable forums there's a school of thought to leave it alone. What do the collective think?.

Yeah, that’s another side of it. I’m used to people with vintage cars calling rust and damage “patina” so that word doesn’t resonate with me, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Yeah, that’s another side of it. I’m used to people with vintage cars calling rust and damage “patina” so that word doesn’t resonate with me, lol.

Good analogy.

Advertisement