Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hum, any fellow sufferers out there?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

delw wrote: »
    had this a couple of months ago,ears syringed & sorted,see your doc if you can OP

Is that sore? I feel I may need to get it done. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

By way of update, this turned out to be anxiety caused by my giving up of coffee. The first 4 days were awful, heart palpitations and anxiety but by the 6th day I was grand. I beat caffeine.

Dammit. I was about to expose you as a Healy-Rae.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/locals-despair-as-the-hum-makes-life-a-living-hell-189224.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I expected another personal hygiene related thread with that title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think I experience this frequently. It's not tinnitus or earwax because the sound isn't internal. It usually comes from a certain direction (the front of the house) and, like the OP, I have assumed in the past that it was a car outside, but not directly outside, my house. It has been so annoying in the past that I've opened the front door to see if there was any car or other type of motor running outside. There wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 windnoiseinfo

iDave wrote: »
    Probably wind farms

Could well be - tonal noise from wind farms can travel multiple kilometers from wind farms

see www . windnoise . info (sorry not allowed to post links as yet) to get a good visualization of wind farm noise

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Dr.Teeth

The Hum...its probably the fridge compressor.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

Larianne wrote: »
    Is that sore? I feel I may need to get it done. :(

Honestly I got a boner from it. I was about 14 at the time so maybe that played more of a role in it. It's just strange and didn't hurt. It was more annoying doing the ear drops thing on the days leading up to it to soften up any wax. My hearing was super sensitive for a few hours after. Walking down the street was loud.

Advertisement