Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would you react to a person wishing genocide on your peoples?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I would think they were weird if they were serious, but I would assume he didnt honestly think that

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

Colinf1212 wrote: »
    It happened to me and I did nothing as of yet.

As of yet? Is this going to be one of those "revenge is a dish best served cold" scenarios? He was a p*ssed up d*ckhead with bigoted opinions. What is there to do other than ignore him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Ah jaysus not more anti-israeli ****e in another thread.

It's the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

Just tell them you don't care what he thinks and remind him of the birmnigham bombings before you leave for the night.

Did that in a wee scottish town a few years back, more than once actually. You leave for the night happy and not giving a **** and your man goes home to stew in his anger.

Unless he follows you, then batter him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Personally I would have said something, although that could have made the situation worse. I would have let him know my disapproval and he wanted to continue any further with his comments I would have just ignored him. Just don't associate yourself around him and you should be fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

join his religion quickly

metamorphosis into a butterfly

put incendiary under his car

if hes not gay-give him a big hug

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Obviously ignore him from now on but if he really holds those opinions and wasn't just trying to wind you up then I would report him to HR and let them deal with it. It's totally inappropriate to make those kind of comments in a work environment, which is what a work night out is considered even though it is technically not during working hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

In my head I'd punch their lights out on the spot. Professionally I would tell them that's too far and bear a horrible grudge against them work wise. I'd probably try and fcuk up their career to be honest. People don't say things like that lightly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I'd ejaculate into their ear. That's how I party, that's how I roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'd phone in a fake bomb threat the next day. "... codeword: Kerrygold."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Is advocating genocide not illegal these days? Hate speech and so on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Let's say a person from work has had a few too many drinks and wants to put Irish Catholics in gas chambers and thinks the only reason we have better education rates is because of English Catholics who emigrated to here.

What would you say in that scenario?

a fcuk I would not give

• Registered Users Posts: 14,472 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ask him if he likes having kneecaps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

attack them with drones

or waterboard them

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Colinf1212

I love the typical anti-shinner response in that my next events would be paramilitary related. I have no relations to any paramilitaries. This guy was being serious and he's mentioned before he's an unapologetic Loyalist. I've given him no reason to think I'm a Catholic so I don't think he's winding me up rather than him just being a bigot.

He's actually a good friend of mine in work, I guess I should just let him keep his genocidical wishes on my peoples in peace. Ah the stockholm syndrome and downplaying of anti-Irish racism on this boards would only make you laugh sure.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Kill All Taigs.

Sounds like a thick ****er. What age is this drooler?

28 mate. He shouldn't even be at this job because he failed his training exam twice. Seems our recruitment department was desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I'd take the soup and plenty of it!

Are atheists exempt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

I love the typical anti-shinner response in that my next events would be paramilitary related. I have no relations to any paramilitaries. This guy was being serious and he's mentioned before he's an unapologetic Loyalist. I've given him no reason to think I'm a Catholic so I don't think he's winding me up rather than him just being a bigot.

He's actually a good friend of mine in work, I guess I should just let him keep his genocidical wishes on my peoples in peace. Ah the stockholm syndrome and downplaying of anti-Irish racism on this boards would only make you laugh sure.

Serious question but is it a mixed workplace? From what I've heard (I've not had a "real" job up North) most of the sectarianism you get in work is a lot more coded.
    Also you should blow his mind and tell him Wolfe Tone was a Protestant and that Carson said that 'he had no fear of his Catholic fellow country men but he prefers them educated and highly educated to uneducated"

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

You're the one downplaying it. If you thought it were properly objectionable you'd have taken it up with him there and then, or at least not be referring to him as a "good friend of mine".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

He's actually a good friend of mine in work.

28 mate. He shouldn't even be at this job because he failed his training exam twice. Seems our recruitment department was desperate.

Some friend you are, the two of you sound like you were made for each other.

Oh, and "my peoples", who do you think you are, Kunta O' Kinte? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Serious question but is it a mixed workplace? From what I've heard (I've not had a "real" job up North) most of the sectarianism you get in work is a lot more coded.
    Also you should blow his mind and tell him Wolfe Tone was a Protestant and that Carson said that 'he had no fear of his Catholic fellow country men but he prefers them educated and highly educated to uneducated"

The workplace would have slightly more Catholics than Protestants from what I've noticed. All the managers would be Catholic. He knows about Wolfe Tone. He's not the typical braindead Loyalist. He's a nerdy type.

qt3.14 wrote: »
    You're the one downplaying it. If you thought it were properly objectionable you'd have taken it up with him there and then, or at least not be referring to him as a "good friend of mine".

He's a good friend of mine in work. This incident happened outside of work. He approaches me, not the other way around.

Oh, and "my peoples", who do you think you are, Kunta O' Kinte? :rolleyes:

Yes I've told him directly to his face the recruitment team must've been desperate since he failed his exam twice and he took it as a joke. Is there a problem? If you're not familiar with the North don't respond. There's ethnic divisions and we have to tick a box as to what community we belong to for pretty much everything. Try to be a contrarian harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭qt3.14

The workplace would have slightly more Catholics than Protestants from what I've noticed. All the managers would be Catholic. He knows about Wolfe Tone. He's not the typical braindead Loyalist. He's a nerdy type.
    He's a good friend of mine in work. This incident happened outside of work. He approaches me, not the other way around.
    Not a typical braindead Loyalist. Advocating genocide. Not a typical braindead Loyalist...

And, you're defending him again, but making jokes about the rest of us having Stockholm syndrome? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,553 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Ah the stockholm syndrome and downplaying of anti-Irish racism on this boards would only make you laugh sure.
    Load of bollocks.

qt3.14 wrote: »
    Not a typical braindead Loyalist. Advocating genocide. Not a typical braindead Loyalist...

And, you're defending him again, but making jokes about the rest of us having Stockholm syndrome? :pac:

No he's not a typical braindead Loyalist in the stereotypical Rangers-supporting, working-class, East Belfast way. He is a braindead Loyalist though.

I didn't make any joke about the rest of you (hurr durr who is "us" hurr durr) having stockholm syndrome. It's a fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Except OP doesn't wish genocide on Protestants like his colleague. An idiot fucker with a superiority complex.

As much as I dislike Myers he was pretty spot on when it came to aspects of loyalist hate 'culture'
    This culture did not emerge simply as a response to IRA violence. It was there already. It was feckless, violent, drunken, lost, lumpen proletarians for whom a perverted tribal identity conjoined with a Godlessly Calvinist sense of superiority, even as they stewed in their ghettoes of suffocating illiteracy and economic failure. But they were nonetheless elevated by the insane delusion that they are the chosen people, who have been deprived of their birthright by some vast conspiracy between the Catholic Church and the British government.

www.independent.ie

Catholics are graduating from Universities in the north at a rate of 2-to-1 compared with Protestants and will be replacing formerly Protestant dominated positions in the public sector and civil service. Oh, and that's not because the formerly Protestant dominated institutions are happy to have them but because of employment equality laws are fairly rigorously enforced.

The north is losing its orange hue and looks set to turn green.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Is there a problem? If you're not familiar with the North don't respond. There's ethnic divisions and we have to tick a box as to what community we belong to for pretty much everything. Try to be a contrarian harder.

If there's anyone trying to be contrarian here...

Honestly, you mentioned nothing about "The North" in your OP, so I presumed it was two arse holes winding each other up, and given your reply, now I'm just convinced of that fact.

If you're going to be a contrarian, might as well do it properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I guess I should just let him keep his genocidical wishes on my peoples in peace.

And quietly laugh to yourself knowing that his bastard state that he so loves , will eventually be voted out of existence .

Ha!! take that you orange bastard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,080 ✭✭✭mada999

Let's say a person from work has had a few too many drinks and wants to put Irish Catholics in gas chambers and thinks the only reason we have better education rates is because of English Catholics who emigrated to here.

What would you say in that scenario?

are you a cath or a prod ?
    what are you going to say to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Failed twice, and thinks he's qualified to comment on a whole educational system?!! That says it all. Tell him that when he finally knows something he will begin to realise how little he knows.
    Seriosly the best advice you've got here is to take it to HR. That's what I would do if it got out of hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Tuco88

Get right up close to him and tell him this "remember ta check under yar wee car ya kant!!! If I see ya round these parts again, I'll shoot ya dead so I will.." skull your pint and drift out the door like a boss... For extra headcase effect, change your accent to a completely different region to that of what you spoke to him first... Worked well for me in Canada.

Advertisement