Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due September 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

No the painting is definitely my job or it would never be done!

I have my nursery painted purple from evie if this one's a boy he's in trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

We plan to find out the sex - although I'm starting to wonder if I'd rather wait - but either way its going to be a neutral colour for the nursery. Just in case we go again!! If this all goes well & the MS doesnt cause too many problems after the birth then we might. We both want a few but we are grateful for just one - we thought it might not happen. 2 would be really lovely though!

I'm planning to find out the sex too I've 3 girls already so nearly 100% this is another girl! Only 7 weeks to go to find out!

I have a feeling its a girl, dont know why -but happy either way, so is he. I'm dead excited to find out but then I think of how lovely it would be to wait. I dont think I can wait though. We're like kids - we just want to enjoy every bit of this & finding out what it is will be so exciting & its really something to look forward to.

I didn't find out with the first 2. My eldest daughter came to our scan on the third baby and asked is it a baby brother or sister!

I need to know this time!

I have a feeling a boy but logically it's another little Madam!

Leogirl your first pregnancy is such a magical time enjoy every minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I already know what I'm having but my husband and I want to keep it to ourselves until the birth so I can't even post it here because I have some friends who use Boards. I'm dying to tell and it's so hard to keep saying 'it' or 'the baby' when I know!!!

Novella wrote: »
    I already know what I'm having but my husband and I want to keep it to ourselves until the birth so I can't even post it here because I have some friends who use Boards. I'm dying to tell and it's so hard to keep saying 'it' or 'the baby' when I know!!!

How can you keep it secret! I would totally let it slip. I'm terrible with secrets.

Kaylami wrote: »
    How can you keep it secret! I would totally let it slip. I'm terrible with secrets.

I know, me too! I've been so close to telling a few people but I've managed to keep it in somehow. :) My mam knows and my husband's parents but that's it! I have bought so many clothes already though, it's ridiculous. It's just so exciting when it's your first baby!

So glad to hear I'm not the only one who bought clothes already!! I couldn't resist. My mum bought something the day I turned 12 weeks!! I held out a few days more :-)

My husband only let's me buy when we have our big scan done! I've plenty added to the amazon basket though lol.

I've to have my glucose levels tested on Thursday or Friday not looking forward to that!

• Advertisement

I hadn't bought anything myself until I found out the sex but once that happened, I could not resist. I'll have to try restrain myself for a while because otherwise the baby will end up with way too much stuff.

I have only been buying 0-3 months and up. Do I need to buy some newborn sizes as well? Some people say the newborn size is so small that it's just a waste of money so I don't know what to go by!

I told myself to buy no more until after 20 week scan but I now I will see 'bargains' & tell myself I was sensible to buy stuff. Any excuse!!

I hadn't bought anything myself until I found out the sex but once that happened, I could not resist. I'll have to try restrain myself for a while because otherwise the baby will end up with way too much stuff.

I have only been buying 0-3 months and up. Do I need to buy some newborn sizes as well? Some people say the newborn size is so small that it's just a waste of money so I don't know what to go by!

Heard this too but was thinking 0-3 might be too big for first week or two. I haven't a clue though. Total novice here!

I bought a few newborn things in the size up to 10lbs (other is up to 7lbs) I figured baby couldn't be much bigger than that.

My 1st was in preemie clothes for a few weeks and was 6 lb 4.

Deffo get some newborn vests and baby grows. Scratch mitts and soft back bibs. If any of you are thinking of breastfeeding I really recommend a breastfeeding pillow it helped me no end!

When did you find out the sex? I thought i had to be further along. I'm 14 weeks &'a few days.

Leogirl wrote: »
    When did you find out the sex? I thought i had to be further along. I'm 14 weeks &'a few days.

I found out when I was exactly 15 weeks but I live in the US and some places here offer gender determination from 14 weeks with 100% accuracy. Some of my friends back home have had babies and couldn't believe I was able to find out so soon because I don't think many places in Ireland will tell you so early. Guess having an American husband comes in handy for some things! :pac:

If you go for a private scan they can tell you at 14 weeks.

Hospital won't even guess at that stage!

Think I'll hold out for the 20 week scan, its not that far away & gives me time to make sure I want to find out now.

Hope everyone is feeling well today. Each day seems to be getting easier & nicer! Its true what they say about the 2nd trimester, even though my 1st wasnt bad at all - its nice to only wake up once or twice during the night having to pee & not having such sore boobs anymore! Fingers crossed it all stays so good & I hope everyone else is getting some relief by now too :)

I've just been discharged from hospital after I picked up a nasty stomach bug. Feeling much better today and baby is doing fine. :)

You poor thing, you've really had a rough time! You'd only started to feel better too. :(

Really hope you're on the mend & feeling better soon, glad to hear baby is doing well. Look after yourself.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly novella.

Glad baby is doing well and your on the mend.

Xx

Hopefully the rest of the pregnancy will be smooth sailing!

I have had horrible pregnancies! Nothing buy complications and just general yukiness!

But all my deliveries have been great! I think I prefer it that way!

If thats how it works, I'm screwed!! :eek:

Don't think it's how it works but it's how I get myself through the next few months!

Our rescue dog arrived on Tuesday.
    Oh my god I'm exhausted walking her 3 times a day 😮

Kaylami wrote: »
    I have had horrible pregnancies! Nothing buy complications and just general yukiness!

But all my deliveries have been great! I think I prefer it that way!

That's what I'm hoping for too! :)

I have had 2 natural deliveries and a section. Give me a natural delivery any day I much prefer it!

Glutton for punishment perhaps?

15 weeks tomorrow and I think the morning sickness has finally gone away! Yeah!

Maybe I just feel better getting out of the house more and more active. It's hard to know.

Hope all you ladies are feeling well.

Why I am I so hungry- always at night!!! Heartburn all day & not bothered with food, feel better at night & starving!! I wake up hungry at 2/3am (one of my many loo trips) :-) trying to eat healthy & watch weight gain eating at 8/9pm is not good!!

Was told today I'm starting to show a tiny cute bump. I was chuffed at first, grinning away- but then feeaking out that I'm just getting fat quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Leogirl eating at night isn't an issue, it's how many calories you take in overall in a day that matters, not what time of day you eat, so don't worry about that aspect.

• Advertisement

Leogirl I get hungry at the strangest times too. Half 5 this morning I was up eating toasted ham and cheese sandwiches and couldn't look at food again until this evening!

Advertisement