Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game-week 19 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I wouldn't go mad to get Austin in, not for -4 and at Rooney or someone else's expence. 1 free transfer is an easy call, though.

Make this move next week in any other scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

JokerD wrote: »
    I don't have him yet, in a similar position to yourself, I've a frontline of RVP, Kane and Costa. Austin is leading the captaincy polls so I'm tempted to get him in. The move would probably involve Rooney and Austin in for Kane and RVP for a hit but I'm questioning taking a hit as recent form has Austin and Kane both getting 30 points in the last 4 gameweeks and Rooney and RVP have been very similar too.

I know on paper QPR have better fixtures coming up than Spurs but game isn't played on paper.

Austin's 30pts came from 3 games (suspended for the other). Austin is the most in-form striker in the league (10 goals from his last 9 league appearances). there's really not a good excuse for not having him at the moment, i think. After gameweek 20 QPR's fixtures toughen quite a bit..

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Need input lads if anyone's still awake

Pantilimom (Krul)

Terry Hutton Chambers Hutton Moore

Hazard Sanchez Silva Eriksen Siggurdsson

Costa Benteke Austin

2ft 0.7 itb

Would like to get Zab and/or Raheem but can't do without a -4. Currently thinking....

1) Chambers -Sakho
    2) Eriksen- Sterling
    3) Krul & Chambers - 4.0 keeper & Sakho/Mangala
    4) Moore & Siggy-Eriksen-Zabaleta & an.other

Would really appreciate some ideas on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

manual_man wrote: »
    Austin's 30pts came from 3 games (suspended for the other). Austin is the most in-form striker in the league (10 goals from his last 9 league appearances). there's really not a good excuse for not having him at the moment, i think. After gameweek 20 QPR's fixtures toughen quite a bit..

Ah yeah forgot about the suspension. If I was to get him in myself using my one FT then it would have to be either RVP or Costa out. I got them in before recent price rises so would end up losing money on them. Other option to stick with a Man United attacker is RVP and Kane out to facilitate one of the other Man United strikers and Austin.

I'll wait for the team news in the morning and might find inspiration.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Did Siggy & Ivan > Clark & Silva for free. Think I probably should have gone with Vlaar but thought I would take a bit of a gamble on Clark he does get forward a bit hopefully can chip in with something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team at the moment for tomorrow:

Hart
    Terry Dummett Wisdom
    Eriksen Hazard Yaya Sanchez
    Austin Costa Bony
    Subs: Elliott, Chambers, Naylor, Marney.

My planned transfer had been Bony to one of Kane, Benteke or Carroll. Having watched yesterday's Match of the Day, I'm no further on though.

Kane - looked decent but I have Eriksen and two Spurs' attackers seems like overkill.
    Carroll - did sweet **** all and will he against Arsenal score more than Bony against 'Pool? It's debatable. Wham also have three strikers to fill two spaces.
    Benteke - I don't particularly rate him but he was taking free kicks, nearly had an assist and almost had a goal from a header at the end.

Then there's Bony, who I have, Liverpool allowed Burnley plenty of chances so you'd have to wonder if he could grab one.

At the minute, just swapping Chambers for Hutton looks like it could be my best transfer!
    jive wrote: »
    In their next 3 they play the 2nd, 3rd and 5th worst defence in the league and 2 of those games at home. Benteke is on penalties and dangerous frees. He's match fit again and looking good, 11 goals is shocking in that many games but they have been missing their main striker so I'd expect those numbers to improve over the next few games. They've scored in their last 4 home games too. It's a fairly safe gamble all things considered.

bony could be rotated and hasn't been putting up the scores he could be, Kane has no set pieces and bad fixtures, Everton doing bad so lukaku is a no go with no pens or frees, giroud is banned and no viable arsenal striking alternative, Liverpool also offering no striker options, West Ham have rotation risk and city have a heap of injured strikers who wont be match fit on return anyway and could blow up in warmup.

Of the higher prices options Rooney has no pens and worse fixtures than benteke, Costa is a rotation risk and aside from yesterday has bad returns plus no pens, Falcao is a rotation risk with worse fixtures and no pens, rvp is overpriced and a rotation risk.

Aside from Charlie Austin a good case can be made for benteke being the 2nd best strike option for the next 4 GWs at which point he can be wild carded out.

I can see why 11 goals would put people off but given their fixtures and his price it's not hard to see why hes being mentioned.

You guys got me worried about not being able to get Benteke in...

Team is
    Hart (Elliott)
    Baines Terry Naylor (Wisdom, Yun)
    Sanchez Hazard Silva Siggy Eriksen
    Costa Austin Sakho
    £0.5m in bank

A priori long term plan was Eriksen -> Sterling (taking advantage of fixtures).
    Recent plan is Baines -> Zab (freeing my... life ! (:pac:) from Baines).

I would really like Sakho -> Benteke but would need a £5.5m def for Baines or respectively a £5m mid for Siggy or £6.3m mid for Eriksen. All that for a 4 pts hit.

Worth it or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Skippy44 wrote: »

Pantilimom (Krul)

Costa Benteke Austin

2ft 0.7 itb

Would like to get Zab and/or Raheem but can't do without a -4. Currently thinking....

1) Chambers -Sakho
    2) Eriksen- Sterling

Expensive midfield, you'll probably want to play your strikers so if you want Zabaleta in then downgrade one of those as you might not play one of them anyway if you're going 3-4-3.

You should get Zabaleta in without a hit and then for the minus four you might even have your pick on which midfielder to bring Sterling in for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

QPR have only failed to score in one of their home PL games this year and scored 17 goals in other 8. Not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

iroced wrote: »
    You guys got me worried about not being able to get Benteke in...

Team is
    Hart (Elliott)
    Baines Terry Naylor (Wisdom, Yun)
    Sanchez Hazard Silva Siggy Eriksen
    Costa Austin Sakho
    £0.5m in bank

A priori long term plan was Eriksen -> Sterling (taking advantage of fixtures).
    Recent plan is Baines -> Zab (freeing my... life ! (:pac:) from Baines).

I would really like Sakho -> Benteke but would need a £5.5m def for Baines or respectively a £5m mid for Siggy or £6.3m mid for Eriksen. All that for a 4 pts hit.

Worth it or not?

For a striker who has gotten 2 goals and 1 assist in 714 minutes this season, in my opinion, no.

Skippy44 wrote: »

Pantilimom (Krul)

Costa Benteke Austin

2ft 0.7 itb

1) Chambers -Sakho
    2) Eriksen- Sterling

Who's your 5th def?

Chambers -> Zab. How much you can sell Chambers for? £4.8m? If so you need £1.7m to upgrade to Zab. With £0.7m in bank you need to find £1m somewhere.
    Eriksen -> Sterling would cost you about £0.3m I suppose.
    Siggy -> cheap 5th mid like Boyd. Should leave you with £0.6-1.2m left in bank.

Without a hit you'd have to downgrade one of your premium mid. Risky unless you have very limited cash tied on him (in which case you could go for a 1 to 2 GW(s) gamble). Still risky though. Or you downgrade Costa. But ditto your premium mid, only worth it if you have very limited cash tied on him. Otherwise you'd struggle getting him back.

--- edit ---

Or you only do Zab and cheap 5th mid this week eying Sterling next week for free. Sterling game is easier on paper on New year's Day.

That's actually the tactic I'm gonna apply to myself regarding Benteke. On paper his easiest game is New year's Day one (and the one after). So will make my planned transfer this week and reassess him next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Is Sterling worth getting in for tomorrow for a -4? will be getting rid of di maria for him

declan2693 wrote: »
    Is Sterling worth getting in for tomorrow for a -4? will be getting rid of di maria for him
    For Di Maria yes! ADM is sidelined again with an injury so go for it.

For Di Maria yes! ADM is sidelined again with an injury so go for it.

boyd will come on for 2 points lets say but is sterling likely to be worth chancing for a -2? in my cup the guy im against has him but i dont want to lose the cup over it. So what im asking is how likely is sterling to do well against swansea

who is a better choice to bring in sterling or yaya?

boyd will come on for 2 points lets say but is sterling likely to be worth chancing for a -2? in my cup the guy im against has him but i dont want to lose the cup over it. So what im asking is how likely is sterling to do well against swansea

Sterling is the only decent FPL Liverpool attacking option. Recently, he scored in the Cup and in their last game. He's on form. I don't know how likely he is to be rested (I just know last year he wasn't). Swansea's a good defence though (they only let in twice more than 2 goals). I'd say he's worth a punt.
    If you have the funds from ADM and no City mid already go for it then. He was rested after the hour mark for their last game and Pellegrini said about him and Silva that both were fit and rested with the hectic fixtures in mind. So he should definitely start and well home to Burnley you can't hope for a better fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Would Eriksen and RvP to Silva/Yaya and Rooney be smart? My head hurts from all this madness.

If you can afford it I would go Yaya. Sterling is good but has been hit and miss this season and you can't trust Liverpool to perform. Yaya has two nice home fixtures and Pelligrini effectively confirmed he'll be starting tomorrow. Silva is another option if you don't have him?

Would Eriksen and RvP to Silva/Yaya and Rooney be smart? My head hurts from all this madness.
    For a hit?

Based on form and fixtures this could work a treat.

For a hit?

Based on form and fixtures this could work a treat.
    Have 2 ft so would like to do a transfer anyways. Think I'll go with this.

Have 2 ft so would like to do a transfer anyways. Think I'll go with this.
    Ah well if it's for no hit... I'd go for it ;).

Just checked your team from the FSA Prem league. Knowing how good you're at the game I should really tell you to go Bridcutt to Boyd and Duff to Hutton (what ?! Yes they are good transfers :P :pac:) but yeah your 2 proposed moves should really strenghten your already strong team :cool:.

• Advertisement

Just noticed Tekkers got a hat-trick against Sunderland at Villa Park the season b4 last (!) :eek:

Just noticed Tekkers got a hat-trick against Sunderland at Villa Park the season b4 last (!) :eek:
    I can't hear you! I can't hear you! lalalalala :pac:

2174022_o.gif

I can't hear you! I can't hear you! lalalalala :pac:

sorry, i should have been more precise

an 18 minute hat-trick :p

Ah well if it's for no hit... I'd go for it ;).

Just checked your team from the FSA Prem league. Knowing how good you're at the game I should really tell you to go Bridcutt to Boyd and Duff to Hutton (what ?! Yes they are good transfers :P :pac:) but yeah your 2 proposed moves should really strenghten your already strong team :cool:.

Weighed up my options and decided not to go for the Bridcutt and Duff moves :pac: Transfers done and hoping they'll spur me on after that severely mediocre 5 weeks (here comes the RvP hatrick). Now for the unintended captaincy problem with my new man city player threatening Austins armband

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I didn't see mention of this anywhere else or on here. Bony slight injury doubt it appears:

https://balls.ie/football/photo-wilfried-bony-using-cryochamber-get-fit-liverpool-clash/

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I didn't see mention of this anywhere else or on here. Bony slight injury doubt it appears:

https://balls.ie/football/photo-wilfried-bony-using-cryochamber-get-fit-liverpool-clash/

I'm not sure where they're getting the "race against time to be fit" angle from that tweet alone. I'd say most clubs use that type of therapy to speed up the recovery process between games, especially when they're coming thick and fast. Similar to the Tour de France where every cyclist every evening sits in an ice bath or some other type of cryotherapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

This is bad.
    All the talk of Benteke here I might just take a minus 4 for bring him in for Bony.
    I'll wait to see if RVP starts first

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm not sure where they're getting the "race against time to be fit" angle from that tweet alone. I'd say most clubs use that type of therapy to speed up the recovery process between games, especially when they're coming thick and fast. Similar to the Tour de France where every cyclist every evening sits in an ice bath or some other type of cryotherapy.

Yeah, it's reported on Walesonline.co.uk with no mention of injury doubt, explaining the process as a recovery aid.

Bony scored two at Anfield last year, and was rejected by Liverpool on trial a few years back, he's the top scorer in the PL in 2014 and this is the last game of 2014. I seriously fancy him for a goal and think I'm gonna play home ahead of Downing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, it's reported on Walesonline.co.uk with no mention of injury doubt, explaining the process as a recovery aid.

Bony scored two at Anfield last year, and was rejected by Liverpool on trial a few years back, he's the top scorer in the PL in 2014 and this is the last game of 2014. I seriously fancy him for a goal and think I'm gonna play home ahead of Downing.

I fancy having someone in the MNF so have kept Bony. Benteke and the lads will get another week to rehearse.

My thinking is that Jovetic is my favoured replacement but I want to see how he does today. If I knew he'd start, he'd be straight in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Benteke and caulker in for Taylor and bony

Advertisement