Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended Bad Movies

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wedwood wrote: »
    Commando - so bad it's good.

Good call!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Hudson Hawk

Also, Braindead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Also, Braindead.

You're doing it wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

The Wicker Man (remake) is absolutely bloody hilarious. Nicholas Cage going round punching women and stealing bicycles on a weird island.

Black Belt Jones - very funny/bad

The Room - already mentioned, brilliantly bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

I
    Sudden Death starring Jean Claude Van Damme was a classic as well.

AWOL was the JCVD film i loved as a kid. Watched it recently enough for the first time in i can't remember how long and holy crap is it bad. Still enjoyed it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The Long Kiss Goodnight - hilariously awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Grease 2. It didn't do well and got bad reviews but I love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The Game Plan
    Meet Dave
    Yes Man
    Star Wars prequels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Independence day. I get tears in eyes when bill pulman makes that speech. I've no idea what's wrong with me....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,786 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Also, Braindead.

"Your mother ate my dog!"
    "not all of it..."

there's more entertainment in Braindead's 90 minutes than there is in all of Peter Jackson's Tolkien films - it's an absolute classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Mercenaries.
    It's basically the female version of The Expendables. So bad it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I see I've been beaten to Hudson Hawk ... for more recommendations, see the Best Worst Movies thread. I recommended (?) King Frat back then, and still do, but I can't be the first to recommend Showgirls, can I?

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Finally someone who appreciates HH!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

While pondering movies I'd like to see again, the first one popped in to my head: Crank!

"Chev Chelios" (Jason Statham) has been poisoned, and to counteract the poison while he finds out who did it, he needs to keep his adrenalin levels up at all times, which he does in increasingly bizarre ways. A totally ludicrous idea for a plot, basically an excuse for non-stop action ... and as entertaining as heck. :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Some of you need your head checked, thinking these classify as bad movies in any sense of the word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

Wedwood wrote: »
    Just to add a few more 'classic' howlers:

Sudden Impact - terrible Dirty Harry movie that invented 'go ahead, make my day'

Commando - so bad it's good.

Batman the movie - the rubber shark chews Batman's leg !

Luckily he has shark repellant bat spray on hand! Yes, this is the clear winner. Amazing fun to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭mickser42

2012 is so bad you gotta watch it until the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

The Last Dragon. Only watched it again recently. Still enjoyed it. I mean any film where a kid can break dance out of the rope he is tied up with is alright by me :D

And this crap gem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Connoisseurs of terrible movies should check out the How Did This Get Made? podcast. Hilarious stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

jjpep wrote: »
    Independence day. I get tears in eyes when bill pulman makes that speech. I've no idea what's wrong with me....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1071806-independence_day/

Rated fresh on rotten tomatoes with a 75% audience approval rating. I would have thought it would have got a higher rating, but no way considered bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭fluke

Hawk The Slayer is terrible but insanely watchable.

smcgiff wrote: »
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1071806-independence_day/

Rated fresh on rotten tomatoes with a 75% audience approval rating. I would have thought it would have got a higher rating, but no way considered bad.

Yeah, but I think its one of those movies that most people enjoyed but if you asked someone who considered themselves to be very 'in' to movies was it any good, they'd dismiss as cheesey rubbish. Kinda like if you asked someone who's very 'in' to beers what they think of budweiser they would dismiss it as being crap. But its the best selling beer in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

jjpep wrote: »
    Yeah, but I think its one of those movies that most people enjoyed but if you asked someone who considered themselves to be very 'in' to movies was it any good, they'd dismiss as cheesey rubbish. Kinda like if you asked someone who's very 'in' to beers what they think of budweiser they would dismiss it as being crap. But its the best selling beer in the world.

In that case start your own 'films that were popular with non film buffs, but I think was good (I'm not a film buff) thread' :P

And this crap gem:
    Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold

That garbage is still shown on RTE every once and a while....and my brother watches it every single fecking time!

smcgiff wrote: »
    In that case start your own 'films that were popular with non film buffs, but I think was good (I'm not a film buff) thread' :P

I think it should be more like 'films that were popular with non film buffs, and that I think are good too but film buffs don't like (generally).'

But point taken:D

Advertisement