Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subs off bench coming in?

Options
  • 22-12-2014 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭

Just wondering,say if you are playing 3-4-3 during a week,and your 3 defenders play that wk and one of your midfielders doesn't play yet your 1st sub is a def and 2nd sub is a midfielder....when final wks total is added up will your non playing midfielder be replaced by the 2nd sub or will your first sub come in and formation change to 4-3-3 or will it be tough luck and no sub comes in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

First sub comes in and formation changes.

Wisdom comes in for Siggy for me this week :P

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

First sub off bench plays in all scenarios, but after subs u must have 3 defenders on your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Paging CSF.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Thanks,I thought that was the case but nothing showing up as changing yet with my team for this wk...O' Shea will be coming in with 5 pts for me for Siggy:)...my best wk of the season by a long way,had Austin as Capt,will end up with 85pts.

Thanks,I thought that was the case but nothing showing up as changing yet with my team for this wk...O' Shea will be coming in with 5 pts for me for Siggy:)...my best wk of the season by a long way,had Austin as Capt,will end up with 85pts.

Last game of the week just over, give it a chance to update! Understandably keen because of your big score though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

CSF wrote: »

Ah, sure lads, how many times do these questions come up, as mentioned before, it's a pity there's not room at the inn for a sticky linking to the rules as CSF has linked on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Invincible wrote: »
    Ah, sure lads, how many times do these questions come up, as mentioned before, it's a pity there's not room at the inn for a sticky linking to the rules as CSF has linked on numerous occasions.

Allow me to propose a wording for said sticky.
    Please read this before posting.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Invincible wrote: »
    From my experience as a Mod on other forums it simply does not work; people will go straight to post what ever question/comment they got and will ignore any stickies etc. This is also quite common reason if you go back and look at DRPs were the poster will go "But I never saw/read <insert mod instructions>" or for example people failing to get access to the Soccer forum. Having said that I'm not unwilling to try so I'll include the wording into one of the stickies.

*edit* Added to the first sticky and updated to say "Read before posting" in the tag and added it as point 12 in the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nody wrote: »

*edit* Added to the first sticky and updated to say "Read before posting" in the tag and added it as point 12 in the charter.

This makes me sad. I've raised this many times but at this stage why can we not just make this the FPL forum if people are just treating it like that?

I desperately want this to be a fantasy forum for all sports and that is what it was set up as initially. FPL could have been a sub forum as it's popular but in reality FPL threads have dominated the forum and made it very difficult for threads on other sports to get noticed. The result is that you have fantasy football (American), fantasy baseball, fantasy formula 1 and others existing on boards within their respective sports forums and not here despite this being the fantasy sports forum...supposedly.

I really wish we could treat this forum as it is. Start closing the other threads in the individual sports forums and force them to be created here (as happened with FPL and soccer forum). FPL is unfairly dominating this forum if you look at the thread list so it should be curtailed with much less threads. Frankly half the threads (this included as it doesn't even mention FPL specifically such is the dominance on here) are complete overkill. No reason there can't be superthreads for all matchdays and all transfers for example.

And now we have in the sticky for the Fantasy Sports Arena, a link created to ask posters to first read the rules about a particular fantasy sport, FPL, before posting. And as a point in the charter? I think it's ridiculous frankly.

I get it, losing battle to have this as the actual fantasy sports forum. So at this stage can we not just rename this as the FPL forum? Call a spade a spade because that's how it's treated by both posters and mods. If it's at the stage where we have requirements in the charter relating specifically to FPL, then to me this is no longer the generic Fantasy Sports Arena

Edit: First point of charter: This forum is designed as your one stop shop for all Fantasy Sports. We aim to make this forum the one place you need to go to enjoy Fantasy Sports played throughout boards.ie

This is not the case and I personally engage in other fantasy threads outside this forum.

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    This makes me sad. I've raised this many times but at this stage why can we not just make this the FPL forum if people are just treating it like that?

I desperately want this to be a fantasy forum for all sports and that is what it was set up as initially. FPL could have been a sub forum as it's popular but in reality FPL threads have dominated the forum and made it very difficult for threads on other sports to get noticed. The result is that you have fantasy football (American), fantasy baseball, fantasy formula 1 and others existing on boards within their respective sports forums and not here despite this being the fantasy sports forum...supposedly.

I really wish we could treat this forum as it is. Start closing the other threads in the individual sports forums and force them to be created here (as happened with FPL and soccer forum). FPL is unfairly dominating this forum if you look at the thread list so it should be curtailed with much less threads. Frankly half the threads (this included as it doesn't even mention FPL specifically such is the dominance on here) are complete overkill. No reason there can't be superthreads for all matchdays and all transfers for example.

And now we have in the sticky for the Fantasy Sports Arena, a link created to ask posters to first read the rules about a particular fantasy sport, FPL, before posting. And as a point in the charter? I think it's ridiculous frankly.

I get it, losing battle to have this as the actual fantasy sports forum. So at this stage can we not just rename this as the FPL forum? Call a spade a spade because that's how it's treated by both posters and mods. If it's at the stage where we have requirements in the charter relating specifically to FPL, then to me this is no longer the generic Fantasy Sports Arena

Edit: First point of charter: This forum is designed as your one stop shop for all Fantasy Sports. We aim to make this forum the one place you need to go to enjoy Fantasy Sports played throughout boards.ie

This is not the case and I personally engage in other fantasy threads outside this forum.
    If people wanted to post about the other sports here, they would do so. The people that come here to post, want to post about Fantasy Premier League 9 times out of 10, and that isn't a problem.

People making threads to ask stupid questions that are all readily available in one very helpful area, is a problem however.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Are the people who play the other fantasy games in their respective sports forums not happy to do so there? I'm sure nobody would have a problem if they moved here. There is a dedicated Fantasy American Football forum too http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1506 which I'm sure posters there wouldn't want to be shut down and moved here?

A number of people in here continue to play fantasy rugby games without an issue. I've extended a link and invitation in the rugby forum for most iterations but I prefer posting here. So the fantasy sports arena does work if people want it to. I recall fantasy golf was in here too when I first found the forum. it certainly is extremely Premier League based but that's because that seems to be what people want to talk about.

It would take an almighty effort from a lot of users, mods, admins and developers to change things. The Forum Request forum would probably be a good place to thrash it out and get respective feedback from all interested parties?

It's up to posters to chose where they post. I know zero about how the boardsies who engage with othert fantasy sports in their respective forums feel but there's hardly a barrier to them posting in here, excuse my ignorance if there is.

If people wanted to post about the other sports here, they would do so. The people that come here to post, want to post about Fantasy Premier League 9 times out of 10, and that isn't a problem.

That's fine, what I have a problem with is putting an ask in the charter directing people to read the FPL rules before posting on the FSA site.
    It's up to posters to chose where they post. I know zero about how the boardsies who engage with othert fantasy sports in their respective forums feel but there's hardly a barrier to them posting in here, excuse my ignorance if there is.

I believe that the dominance of FPL here makes it difficult, have previously tried unsuccessfully to start fantasy baseball threads here but people prefer to stay in their own forums.

I am not saying this is a problem, I am just saying that the charter mentions that "This forum is designed as your one stop shop for all Fantasy Sports". I just don't see this objective being met currently, and if this has failed and other threads exist in other forums - then the only options available are to force it to be the one stop shop (again I'm not saying we should do this), or else admit defeat and stop pretending to be the one stop shop for all sports and call a spade a spade and run this as the FPL forum that it effectively is (and does really well at)

I honestly think that this should be called the FPL forum. Or at least FPL deserves it's own subforum under FSA as it's really huge. I don't see how it works both ways. Either this is the definitive forum for Fantasy Sports on Boards, or it is an FPL forum.

I really shouldn't care that much about this really, I'm just cranky. But my main point is a generic FSA charter for all sports should not in my opinion ask you to read the rules of a specific fantasy game before posting. (I'm unable to state this opinion in the Charter thread so posting here as this is where the additional charter point originated)

Feel free to disagree with me but in the interest of everybody's sanity I'll stop posting on the matter. And please join me for some fantasy baseball in March :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,280 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I really shouldn't care that much about this really, I'm just cranky. But my main point is a generic FSA charter for all sports should not in my opinion ask you to read the rules of a specific fantasy game before posting. (I'm unable to state this opinion in the Charter thread so posting here as this is where the additional charter point originated)

Feel free to disagree with me but in the interest of everybody's sanity I'll stop posting on the matter. And please join me for some fantasy baseball in March :)
    It's quite simple really; I got no issue with amending the charter to highlight it's only applicable for premiership fantasy football due to the many questions raised. If anyone has any good wording I'll happily steal borrow it.

It's quite simple really; I got no issue with amending the charter to highlight it's only applicable for premiership fantasy football due to the many questions raised. If anyone has any good wording I'll happily steal borrow it.

Why not just say something like

'Do some basic research. Before posting questions relating to the rules of any Fantasy Game please take the time to check the rules and/or FAQ pages for that game. E.g. For Fantasy Premier League. ...link'

Anyone wishing to add links to rules for other Fantasy Games sites can add them by forwarding the link to the mods.

Would a Frequently Asked Questions thread cover alot of the mundane questions asked?

Simple format with appropriate links would hit a lot of nails on the head and easily referred to.

FHFC wrote: »
    'Do some basic research. Before posting questions relating to the rules of any Fantasy Game please take the time to check the rules and/or FAQ pages for that game. E.g. For Fantasy Premier League. ...link'
    Borrowed this one for now pending better versions :P

Would a Frequently Asked Questions thread cover alot of the mundane questions asked?

Simple format with appropriate links would hit a lot of nails on the head and easily referred to.

I had thought that initially, but as CSF keeps highlighting all the questions are answered on the fpl rules page.

Other than those kind of issues you are down to FAQs relating to strategy and such and good luck agreeing a FAQ sticky there!! :D

I had thought that initially, but as CSF keeps highlighting all the questions are answered on the fpl rules page.

Other than those kind of issues you are down to FAQs relating to strategy and such and good luck agreeing a FAQ sticky there!! :D

I guess the forum is/could be capable of meeting the needs of people who have relatively straight forward questions without being told to go the fpl website.

These questions pop up enough for the demand to be met without clogging up the usual threads for the more regular posters.

Strategy questions are a matter of opinion and the FAQ should be simply about the nuts and bolts of the game, addressing the repetitive standard questions of transfers carrying over, captain vice-captain, subs off the bench scenarios etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Would a general forum feedback thread be a good idea? Perhaps to run once gw20 has ended as there is a EPL break for the fa cup

• Advertisement

KevIRL wrote: »
    Would a general forum feedback thread be a good idea? Perhaps to run once gw20 has ended as there is a EPL break for the fa cup

I think the forum has a number of excellent regular posters and if they have feedback to offer then I guess it should be encouraged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Charlie Austin came off the bench for Hutton yesterday :D

I think the forum has a number of excellent regular posters and if they have feedback to offer then I guess it should be encouraged!
    Agreed. In general the standard of posting here is significantly higher than any other forum I've visited, the only issue I have with the place is the people who use the forum as a tool to ask questions because they're too lazy to go to a website where everything is readily available

This would be a good idea imo. Couple of things I think could be done to tidy up the number of threads for example.

Agreed. In general the standard of posting here is significantly higher than any other forum I've visited, the only issue I have with the place is the people who use the forum as a tool to ask questions because they're too lazy to go to a website where everything is readily available
    This would be a good idea imo. Couple of things I think could be done to tidy up the number of threads for example.
    I'll bump the question up to FutureGuy; his call on that point but with Christmas and what not don't expect an answer until January at the earliest :)

I'll bump the question up to FutureGuy; his call on that point but with Christmas and what not don't expect an answer until January at the earliest :)

No hurry on it.

That's why they call him FutureGuy! Answer in 2015 folks

Jays us lads sorry for asking a 'stupid' question....just was confused as injured player had not being subbed out....happy Chrimbo to all and happy scoring on St Stephens Day.

Jays us lads sorry for asking a 'stupid' question....just was confused as injured player had not being subbed out....happy Chrimbo to all and happy scoring on St Stephens Day.

Really though, could you not have looked it up on the site instead of making a thread?

• Advertisement

Really though, could you not have looked it up on the site instead of making a thread?

Tbh.....I was a bit stumped by fact I was playing 3 at the back and it was Siggy I had not playing and there was no sign of it to change or update ....please forgive me:)

Advertisement