Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetable smoothie

Options
  • 22-12-2014 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

What vegetables do people put in their smoothies? At the moment I use carrots, broccoli, beetroot and spinach. Any more ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    What vegetables do people put in their smoothies? At the moment I use carrots, broccoli, beetroot and spinach. Any more ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

My boyfriend does a lot of these. When we buy kale or cabbage & I cook the leaves & he puts the hard stems into his smoothie. Also, celery, avocado (if that's a veggie?), chard.

He normally add a banana, peanut butter & coconut milk (as in the beverage) to finish it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Put Kale in everything. I like to throw some pineapple in there too sometimes. Although I'd class these more as juices than smoothies.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Spinach, rocket, blueberries, cucumber ....and some Greek yogurt for texture and taste. Very easy 4 a day right there.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Ealasaid

I've just had one with broccoli, peas, carrots, sweetcorn, banana, apple and some apple juice. I'm only starting with trying smoothies and this one is a friend's recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Not too bad actually... hope you have a good smoothie maker because broccoli and carrots are hard enough to blend, lumps everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

This is my favourite....
    4 apples
    1 celery plant
    Half bag if kale
    1 cucumber
    1 lemon
    5cm ginger

Makes just over a liter of green goodness...mmmmm!
    Marty.

Not too bad actually... hope you have a good smoothie maker because broccoli and carrots are hard enough to blend, lumps everywhere.

I use an electric chopper thing and then blend them which seems okay, I don't have an actual smoothie maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kronsich

Hey

Just bought a juicer and need to get rid of the Xmas flab ASAP! Anyone know a good recipe for a veg juice? Thinking of doing a week of juice only to clear my system as I have a recycling bin full of Pringles cans and beer bottles outside the door.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

See my post above.....

Also

6 carrots
    2apples
    5 cm ginger

3 oranges
    3 beet root
    6 carrots

Marty.

Is it okay to use frozen veg, or is that a stupid question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Ealasaid wrote: »
    Is it okay to use frozen veg, or is that a stupid question?

wud have to be thawed out i'd imagine

Oh yeah, I meant thawed out ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭WhiteWalls

Ealasaid wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I meant thawed out ones...

I couldn't see any reason why you couldn't. Frozen veg(when thawed) is apparently more nutritious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Kale, spinach, celery, cucumber, a banana, apple and cashew nuts. Add water then into the nutri bullet

WhiteWalls wrote: »
    I couldn't see any reason why you couldn't. Frozen veg(when thawed) is apparently more nutritious

And much easier to use in a blender too!

Advertisement