Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skangers and LOADS of Christmas Lights ....... Why???

Options
  • 18-12-2014 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭

Ever noticed how the rougher an area is the more Christmas Lights they have outside their houses???
    What's that all about??? :confused:

I LOVE Christmas myself (including decorations/lights etc) and I'm not knocking the over-the-top lights on these houses .......... but why less affluent should equal more lights?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Bit of a sweeping generalisation no? I love seeing christmas lights personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

cloud493 wrote: »
    Bit of a sweeping generalisation no? I love seeing christmas lights personally.

Me too, sometimes drive out of my way to have a look at them ............ you seriously haven't noticed that the rougher areas have more lights outside their houses though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not really. My area is what would be described as 'upscale' (for dublin anyway) and I can look out my window and see at least 4 neighbours with 'gaudy' christmas lights. I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Me too, sometimes drive out of my way to have a look at them ............ you seriously haven't noticed that the rougher areas have more lights outside their houses though?

I would say that a lot of people who I know that would not be contributing to society (and never have) would have a good few lights outside their houses. .

Also I think it's a case of keeping up with the neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

monflat wrote: »
    I would say that a lot of people who I know that would not be contributing to society (and never have) would have a good few lights outside their houses. .

Also I think it's a case of keeping up with the neighbours.

I'm not just imagining it so!!!

What occurred to me was the expense of the lights themselves as well as the electricity bill ......... how can they afford it!!?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Calling people from 'rougher areas' skangers and questioning how they pay their bills is not really an appropriate thread for this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement