Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking while a child is in the car is about to become illegal

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

But my child loves his smokes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭bjork

Children shouldn't be smoking full stop, whether it's in a car with their parents or behind the bike shed is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Common sense law made actual law brought in to protect children from stupid people. I'm all for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Who do these children think they are stopping me from smoking when I want to smoke? That's it the nephews christmas presents are going in the fire, that'll teach them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the baby in that photo looks baked

more than tobacco he was smoking

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Even though I've now quit smoking I don't mind smoking in the car but absolutely forbid it if there is an under 18 in the car. If you don't like it, walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Apparently talking on mobiles while driving is also illegal. We should just keep making stuff illegal and never doing anything whatsoever to enforce it. Tis a great plan that seems to be working well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

That's me fecked, I am always smoking...smoking hot!
    *sticks on sunglasses*

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a law passed to prosecute utter gob****es

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

I have smoked on the odd occasion in the car with my window down - bold mammy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

a law passed to prosecute utter gob****es

Who u calling a gob****e Ya gob****e :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Poor kids will have to walk home now...

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

A law that's actually grounded in common sense for a change - I'm all for it. Just wish it had been in place when I was a kid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

"999. What's your emergency?"

"There's someone smoking in a car and I think, I think there might be a child in it..."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Good news. Stupid patents smoking around kids. Legislation sound be passed that allows anybody to punch anyone else smoking in the face at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I only smoke in the car when I'm full of booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Good law. It would be great to see it enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I changed the title of my thread and now your post isn't as funny, mwuhahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

whiskeyman wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Good. I see people do it all the time, without even opening a window either. Why can't they just wait 10-15 minutes until they get to their destination?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Few years ago a girl in my course who was a heavy smoker got pregnant. About 2 or 3 months in she was still smoking at least a couple of fags a day, this was just while on lunch. I never said anything, neither did anyone else...her body, her choice and all that.

smash wrote: »
    Good. I see people do it all the time, without even opening a window either. Why can't they just wait 10-15 minutes until they get to their destination?

Because they're weak-willed losers.

Few years ago a girl in my course who was a heavy smoker got pregnant. About 2 or 3 months in she was still smoking at least a couple of fags a day, this was just while on lunch. I never said anything, neither did anyone else...her body, her choice and all that.
    That's a different discussion than people smoking in a car while there are children in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

Because they're weak-willed losers.

Personally I'd go with addicts.

Great law, but will never be enforced and I can imagine the amount of rows it will cause at the roadside as well when the typical Irish smart arse does their filthy look, tut and says "thats illegal you know".

Cue aforementioned smart arse getting up ended by agitated smoker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That's a different discussion than people smoking in a car while there are children in it.

Well in this case the woman is the car and the child is in her. And the child can't even roll down a window..

What you could do is give the child the fag and then take in his second hand smoke. There's no law against that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

mike_ie wrote: »
    A law that's actually grounded in common sense for a change - I'm all for it. Just wish it had been in place when I was a kid.

Shame its almost impossible to enforce.

ScumLord wrote: »
    What you could do is give the child the fag and then take in his second hand smoke. There's no law against that.
    What about the over 18 years old to smoke law?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

a waste of time money and resources. we can't afford such a law

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

What about the over 18 years old to smoke law?
    Is that a law? the only law I've heard of is that it's illegal to sell cigarettes to children. I see young kids smoking everyday in plain sight after school and the guards have never said anything to them.

Advertisement