Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a dog?

Options
  • 16-12-2014 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

A friend of mine is a bit of a know it all and his latest thing to tell me is that even though you don't know the family history or ancestors of your pet you can still get them registered by going through a vet for tests and long registration process can anyone confirm this as I've two GSD both pure bred but their parents weren't registered so I just figured I can't register mine? But is this false can i register mine if I wish?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Jessop1993 wrote: »
    can i register mine if I wish?

I'm afraid not, you need proof of lineage as far as I know.

Why do you want to register them anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jessop1993

I'm afraid not, you need proof of lineage as far as I know.

Why do you want to register them anyway?

I was thinking that I know the history of mine. But none of them are registered either.
    Just wanted to shut my know it all friend up tbh not planning on getting them registered cause I knew it wasn't possible.
    I know it's possible to get a certificate to say their purebred but not IKC standard.
    Thanks for the second opinion this might get him off my back cause he keeps saying I can and I've a littler of pups atm and he believes o can get a couple of grand for them if I register them but I know he's talking bull**** as he always does. Because I know I can't register them.
    Thanks again :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Jessop1993 wrote: »
    I was thinking that I know the history of mine. But none of them are registered either.
    Just wanted to shut my know it all friend up tbh not planning on getting them registered cause I knew it wasn't possible.
    I know it's possible to get a certificate to say their purebred but not IKC standard.
    Thanks for the second opinion this might get him off my back cause he keeps saying I can and I've a littler of pups atm and he believes o can get a couple of grand for them if I register them but I know he's talking bull**** as he always does. Because I know I can't register them.
    Thanks again :-)

I'm sure Canine Ireland will still register them but it wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on, it's usually puppy farmers who register their "pure bread pups" there- you may as well be registering them on Boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jessop1993

Magenta wrote: »
    I'm sure Canine Ireland will still register them but it wouldn't be worth the paper it's printed on, it's usually puppy farmers who register their "pure bread pups" there- you may as well be registering them on Boards.ie :D
    Thank you that's a great help :-)

Advertisement