Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

He's Back!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭Mr Williams

eviltwin wrote: »
    Oh he is far more than just a rapist, what he was arrested for was attempted murder but what can we do? He has served his time, he can't be watched forever.

I wonder what all the do gooders who are defending Larry Murphy would do if he moved into their area ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I wonder what all the do gooders who are defending Larry Murphy would do if he moved into their area ?

Who is defending him?

eviltwin wrote: »
    Who is defending him?

There are poeple saying that he has a "right" to move around the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

One man, to ruin rule all holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

He does have the right. That's not defending him, it's just stating the facts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

The idea that this guy is somehow responsible for practically every unsolved disappearance, sex crime or murder of the past thirty years is ultimately coming from the guards. The same organisation that fitted up Nicky Kelly, Frank McBrearty and countless others.

So, not necessarily a gilt-edged reliable source.

Now, unlike the above mentioned it's pretty clear that this man has been fairly convicted of a very serious offense, and most likely is a truly nasty piece of work, but let's not turn him into a kind of Emmanuel Goldstein/Moriarty figure. Not least because he probably gets off on all the attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

And under the law they are correct. If you disagree with the law, take it up with your elected officials.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

myshirt wrote: »
    Why the obsession with the beast of baltinglass? Can someone tell me? This seems to have persisted for some time now.

Maybe this:

"During the ordeal, Murphy kidnapped the woman and locked her in the boot of his car. He then drove to Kilkea in County Kildare, where he repeatedly raped and beat her. She was then locked in the boot again while he drove to the Spinans Cross in the Wicklow Mountains where he again raped her several times vaginally, anally and orally. The woman began to fight back and Murphy produced a plastic bag, which he placed over her head in an attempt to suffocate her. He stopped his assault when two late-night hunters came across the scene and recognised Murphy. Murphy fled the area and returned to his home."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Accoding to the Sunday World Ireland's most notorious Sex Beast Larry Murphy is coming home for Christmas.

The Gardas are now on high alert for his arrival back into Ireland but the problem is the Gardas have lost track of him in the past when he has sneaked in and out of Ireland undetected.

My question is what can be done to stop him ? Should the public have right to take the law into their own hands in order to defend themselves against Larry Murphy ?

It likely that Murphy will visit many pubs and nightclubs up and down the country during the Christmas period. And the Gardas cant even stop him going into a pub.

Only in Ireland would an animal like Larry Murphy be allowed to freely roam the country.

10850022_763711257038208_224496004611763205_n.jpg?oh=ce8f755a2cbf8f78a276263c251f2c9b&oe=5501094A

He could even end up in Larry Murphy's.

Maybe this:

"During the ordeal, Murphy kidnapped the woman and locked her in the boot of his car. He then drove to Kilkea in County Kildare, where he repeatedly raped and beat her. She was then locked in the boot again while he drove to the Spinans Cross in the Wicklow Mountains where he again raped her several times vaginally, anally and orally. The woman began to fight back and Murphy produced a plastic bag, which he placed over her head in an attempt to suffocate her. He stopped his assault when two late-night hunters came across the scene and recognised Murphy. Murphy fled the area and returned to his home."

If we had a proper Justice system in Ireland the likes of Murphy would of been put down years ago. Instead of that we allow him to roam the streets looking for his next victim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Accoding to the Sunday World Ireland's most notorious Sex Beast Larry Murphy is coming home for Christmas.

The Gardas are now on high alert for his arrival back into Ireland but the problem is the Gardas have lost track of him in the past when he has sneaked in and out of Ireland undetected.

My question is what can be done to stop him ? Should the public have right to take the law into their own hands in order to defend themselves against Larry Murphy ?

It likely that Murphy will visit many pubs and nightclubs up and down the country during the Christmas period. And the Gardas cant even stop him going into a pub.

Only in Ireland would an animal like Larry Murphy be allowed to freely roam the country.

10850022_763711257038208_224496004611763205_n.jpg?oh=ce8f755a2cbf8f78a276263c251f2c9b&oe=5501094A

Crap thread.

Crap OP.

Might as well work for the Sunday World.

I'm not allowed to insult anyone. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

If we had a proper Justice system in Ireland the likes of Murphy would of been put down years ago. Instead of that we allow him to roam the streets looking for his next victim.

Funny that every country in the western world bar the USA doesn't seem to have a "proper justice system" according to you. Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Funny that every country in the western world bar the USA doesn't seem to have a "proper justice system" according to you. Odd.

It's not odd.

You're being troll'ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Because its only a matter of time before he strikes again.

How do you know that?
    Reati wrote: »
    his complete lack of remorse

Hardly the first criminal to show no remorse for his or her victims that has been released from prison in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Which he legally has. You seem unable to grasp that very simple fact.

But, nobody is defending him or saying it is acceptable. Just that he has the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Reati wrote: »
    He get's the public worked up, so the papers are going to play on that for headlines. I think this is a good thing (outside of sensationalism). He shouldn't be able to disappear into the shadows. Sure he served his time, but we all know the justice system here is a bit light on sentences at the best of times!

If the papers ignored him very few people would be talking about him. The press have a vested interest in pushing the story as there is money to be made from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

According to the Sunday World...

Yeah you can stop there. Unless you think the Sunday World wouldn't just print a rabble-rousing 'story', which has no way of being verified, to sell papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

"According to the Sunday World"

/Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Lads, worry more about getting hit by a drunk driver over Christmas then Larry Murphy ffs!!!!

Amazing how this tabloid GARBAGE gets people riled up ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

the_monkey wrote: »
    Lads, worry more about getting hit by a drunk driver over Christmas then Larry Murphy ffs!!!!

Amazing how this tabloid GARBAGE gets people riled up ...
    I don't think there's any tabloid intervention required to get riled up about the fact a man like this is walking the streets.

• Advertisement

I don't think there's any tabloid intervention required to get riled up about the fact a man like this is walking the streets.

If the "law" wont stop Larry Murphy then I think its time for somebody else to step in and "take care of him".

We cant just sit back and let Murphy attack other women because the gardas wont stop him from roaming around the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

If the "law" wont stop Larry Murphy then I think its time for somebody else to step in and "take care of him".

We cant just sit back and let Murphy attack other women because the gardas wont stop him from roaming around the country.

by 'take care of him' do you mean bring him to the cinema and buy him sweets and stuff?

Or are you asking for him to be murdered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

According to the Sunday World Ireland's most notorious Sex Beast Larry Murphy is coming home for Christmas.

Thanks for sending my anxiety level spiraling! oh hello panic attacks you want to go for coffee?
    hello vivid nightmares

why do i click stuff like this....:confused:

This is why boards.ie can't have nice things.

right bye i'm off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

You could at LEAST put something in the title indicating what the thread is about instead of he's back makes it sound like a music comeback or something!

then i can AVOID it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This from someone who recently said Martin Cahill was an old style gentleman criminal. Double standards?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: It shouldn't have to be said, but do not advocate criminal acts here.

This from someone who recently said Martin Cahill was an old style gentleman criminal. Double standards?

Martin Cahill was not a Sex Beast!

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: It shouldn't have to be said, but do not advocate criminal acts here.

Trying to stop Larry Murphy from attacking somebody again is not a "criminal act" in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Right, that's enough of that then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement