Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoiding sausage fests

Options
  • 14-12-2014 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

:D

Anyone know where to go where there are less men than women?

I think I'm done with pubs, went to a singles night last night and it was awful ****e. I don't have much luck on tinder, or dating websites. It seems i'm **** out of luck.

I do yoga but the women are mostly stuck up or don't want to be chatted up.

might try dancing classes :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Maternity ward.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Try the pregnancy yoga.
    full of fanny!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Night courses on feminism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

biko wrote: »
    Night courses on feminism.

I mean attractive women..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

lufties wrote: »
    I mean attractive women..

Come to my college op, place is walking with them ;) Or take a beauty therapy course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You could try to be gay. Sausage fests will be a meat market for you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭086lavey

Is house in a estate ? Could be street lighting , seen this done many times when I was carrying out inspection reports ,

biko wrote: »
    You could try to be gay. Sausage fests will be a meat market for you then.

thinking about tbh, I want kids but I guess having two dads is normal these days :P

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Steve_Carella

Is Tinder dead? There seems to be nobody on it anymore.

OP try OkCupid. It's free and you can put down exactly what you're looking for. It has a decent percentage system that matches your profile with others who are similar.

Or you could stick a fleshlight on a Barbie doll.

Options.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Russia

• Advertisement

Is Tinder dead? There seems to be nobody on it anymore.

OP try OkCupid. It's free and you can put down exactly what you're looking for. It has a decent percentage system that matches your profile with others who are similar.

Or you could stick a fleshlight on a Barbie doll.

Options.

I'm on eharmony and prior to that match.com,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I think I'm done with pubs, went to a singles night last night and it was awful ****e. I don't have much luck on tinder, or dating websites. It seems i'm **** out of luck.

I am sensing a pattern......
    So I went out last night to meet some friends of a friend, they were a group of Irish girls. It brought back memories of how I used to go out to get drunk when I lived in ireland. I felt so uncomfortable amongst the group, they were boring and not very mannerly. They were just interested in getting pished. I had a few myself and a few laughs.

Sometimes I think the drink is a cover up for opening up, one thing I noticed about this group of gals is that none of the appeared authentic and engaging. Its a shame but reminded me of how I've changed in recent times.

Aidric wrote: »
    Russia

I'm in touch with a beautiful russian lady, but visas etc is a nightmare

mikom wrote: »
    I am sensing a pattern......

ffs will you ever shag off!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Do ya have any road frontage?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Synagogue. No sausages there. Mazel tov.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,519 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Every restaurant in Dublin seems to be packed 80% women 20% couples. Grab a mate and hit the ones that are more conducive to inter table chat like Coppanger Row, Fade St. Social or Super Miss Sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

ffs will you ever shag off!!

Touchy......

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Every restaurant in Dublin seems to be packed 80% women 20% couples. Grab a mate and hit the ones that are more conducive to inter table chat like Coppanger Row, Fade St. Social or Super Miss Sue.

I live in london.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭AboutaWeekAgo

Aidric wrote: »
    Russia

In Russia the sausage avoid you!

• Advertisement

Synagogue. No sausages there. Mazel tov.

Only jews, even worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

Pick any of countless hobbies that have a higher ratio of women to men. In college I did gymnastics - it was like 6 girls to every 1 guy. Worked out great for me.

If you like working out - take a yoga class, spin class, dance class, or whatever else. Odds are it'll be mostly women. I went to a 'swing dance' thing in college once or twice - and it was like 70% women.

If sitting down is more your thing - take an arts class, poetry class, a theatre class or whatever else. Most of the time, it's mostly girls. Plus, it's cool to be able to paint.

The best thing, IMHO, you could do is meet some new female *friends*. When your social group is mostly girls, you'll find yourself surrounded by girls all the time.

EDIT: I think you'd be better off with online dating. If you're *just* looking to meet girls and get upset/frustrated/disappointed when a girl doesn't respond well to your chatting her up - online dating is perfect. You only chat with the girls who want to chat with you. Saves time and let's you go straight on to the good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

It seems i'm **** out of luck.

Yeah... Can't see what the problem is here, you seem like such a delight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I've heard gay bars are a good place to meet straight women, due to a lot of them going there with their gay friends. They are generally more off guard and approachable apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Standman wrote: »
    I've heard gay bars are a good place to meet straight women, due to a lot of them going there with their gay friends. They are generally more off guard and approachable apparently.

Theres one problem with this plan. How do you tell a straight girl from a gay girl in a gay bar. It's not like they have name tags that say "Clarissa - straight"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Does the yoga place provide a locker for you to keep your balls while you're doing the yoga?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Stuck up bitches wanting to exercise in peace and not be bothered by some lecherous creep.

The audacity.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Stuck up bitches wanting to exercise in peace and not be bothered by some lecherous creep.

The audacity.

Nope, Ice queens who can barely crack a smile.

syklops wrote: »
    Theres one problem with this plan. How do you tell a straight girl from a gay girl in a gay bar. It's not like they have name tags that say "Clarissa - straight"
    Good point - he should get a name badge for himself "lufties - straight" just in case.

I went to a lot of house parties when I lived there. I couldn't afford to go out much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

You could start a social group where your common interests would draw you together, some thing like this perhaps?

Advertisement