Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fainting in Nightclubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

xLisaBx wrote: »
    Maybe. But only in nightclubs?

Epilepsy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'm really starting to wonder if it's the lights, I don't faint anywhere else so it can't really be a medical condition. Allergic to nightclubs? Doubt it :D

I'm a doctor. You have epilepsy.

Fortunately, it's psychosomatic.

Unfortunately, the only cure is amputation of the offending organ.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

catallus wrote: »
    I'm a doctor. You have epilepsy.

Fortunately, it's psychosomatic.

Unfortunately, the only cure is amputation of the offending organ.

I trust you completely 100 percent Dr. Catallus

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Embarrassingly enough, I've started fainting in nightclubs. I get the familiar feeling and have about 2 minutes to get to a bathroom and faint in it (to preserve my dignity). It's not due to drunkenness, I drink very little and don't have this problem drinking at home. I've started wearing super light clothes to stop overheating.
    Any ideas what's happening? Not asking for medical advice as I've been to doctors before over fainting (quick teenage phase).
    Could be in the wrong forum but AH Gets a lot of traffic :)

Can You dance? If so, I have bad news, you've got cancer coz rhythm is a dancer.

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Lack of oxygen in a confined space. Used to happen to me all the time in meeting rooms in my last company.
    The clubs you are going to must be very badly ventilated and/or packed. It's quite dangerous as it can come on fast and you can fall the wrong way.

I'd suggest talking to your doctor but not much you can do save be careful what situations you are putting yourself in. Try find clubs that are a bit airier or simply get regular fresh air.

I think it's lack of oxygen too, how come I faint and others don't?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Maybe. But only in nightclubs?

Not going to nightclubs would be the obvious solution to your problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Drink more water with ur e's

Unz unz unz

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Joking aside, if it were me, I'd be getting myself to a doctor to get things checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

5starpool wrote: »

Is that how we got men on the moon?

For SHAME!

I've started minimising the amount I go out to clubs because of it, which is annoying as I'm a 1st year in college!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭NZ_2014

Your probably going weak at the knees after seeing me therefore you faint

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

It's probably vasovagel syncope. Very common. See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Saturday Night Fever?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

5starpool wrote: »

My mother wanted to give up the cigarettes. She told her doctor she wasn't a heavy smoker....had her first one at 5pm with the newspaper.....
    The doctor told her to give up the newspaper instead.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Daenarys

I've started minimising the amount I go out to clubs because of it, which is annoying as I'm a 1st year in college!

Go to the doc, you're going to struggle to avoid clubs in the next few weeks before Xmas and being a 1st year in college!

Your mates will think you're preggers if you keep saying no to clubbing ....and because you're fainting...actually...are you definitely not preggers??

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

I think it's lack of oxygen too, how come I faint and others don't?

Don't know. I'm the only person I know that has the issue too. I think some people are just more prone to it than others.

It's all about management, be conscious of the environments you are in and do move on if in a risky situation. I'd be interested to know what your doctor says if you do visit though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Sounds like you might be a touch psycho-somatic addict-insane. I've seen this before, once. What you wanna do is, well first of all, obviously, come play my game. Ye know, to help you relax but then it's time to get down to business. Inhale... then inhale again. Then exhale three times.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

OP I'm locking this, as it's turning into a medical advice thread.

As advised by many others, go to your doctor about the issue.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement