Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Coffee Machine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭darconio

Just my opinion, but I don't recommend this device.
    Supermarkets stock just few flavors, and the final product is not worth half the price you are paying.
    I'd rather invest in a Nespresso machine, the saving on the long run will be remarkable

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

darconio wrote: »
    Supermarkets stock just few flavors, and the final product is not worth half the price you are paying.
    I'd rather invest in a Nespresso machine, the saving on the long run will be remarkable

I have the Dolce gusto and find it great. Arnotts have a good range of different flavours.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

darconio wrote: »

I think it's far better than the Nespresso and I have both. For me it's just handier to make a Latte or Cappuccino with the Dolce Gusto.

Also Amazon.co.uk have some great value pack of 3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nescaf%C3%A9-Machiato-Capsules-servings-coffee/dp/B000ODTPOK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418458023&sr=8-2&keywords=dolce+gusto+pack+of+3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Do they give you a cup or mug of coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ElleEm wrote: »
    Do they give you a cup or mug of coffee?

A cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

vectra wrote: »
    A cup.

Thanks. I know nothing about coffee but was thinking of getting a machine for my boyfriend. He has tried the Nespresso ones but complains if the size. Are there any machines that do mug sizes?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i got one and am pleased with it....i also grinf my own beans for a full scale espresso machine. but i would only be bothered with that once in a while. Ive tried the americano and lungo both are nice. a good purchase in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Thanks. I know nothing about coffee but was thinking of getting a machine for my boyfriend. He has tried the Nespresso ones but complains if the size. Are there any machines that do mug sizes?

I just did a mug there in a similar dolce gusto. Not a bucket of a mug. 2 cups I suppose. That was with an americano capsule. There are markings on the capsule that give you a suggested size to set the machine to fill. So an espresso capsule is one or two notches, an americano is max.
    In someone else house so I dont use it regularly, but not convinced by the standard americano. The real strength of these things is no fuss latte cappuccino or mocha milky drinks. Imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Looking to buy one for my husband this christmas. Is argos the best value for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Looking to buy one for my husband this christmas. Is argos the best value for them?

At this price it would seem so.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

thanks OP

perfect present for parents

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

keep an eye on amazon i got mine for 38euro think it was a pre black friday type offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Saw a couple of these auto machines in Tesco Balbriggan for 70euro yesterday in the grocery department.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

On the Nespresso machines you can change how much coffee it puts out. Just hold down the button until the cup is full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

On the Nespresso machines you can change how much coffee it puts out. Just hold down the button until the cup is full.

Theres not enough grams of coffee in the capsule to make a real mug though so you'll end up with a watery over bitter americano.

Dolce gusto non creamer pods have up to 10g of coffee to make about 225ml.

Seriously though just get a cheap espresso machine you'll never look back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Just got one of there as a gift
    Anyone know where I might get capsules at a reasonable price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Seve OB wrote: »
    Just got one of there as a gift
    Anyone know where I might get capsules at a reasonable price

I find the cheapest are from the Nescafe site online.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I find the cheapest are from the Nescafe site online.

Decent quality stuff to be bought from lidl under their bellarom brand, some lovely stuff from robt Roberts available from dunnes also

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

Decent quality stuff to be bought from lidl under their bellarom brand, some lovely stuff from robt Roberts available from dunnes also

Unless I'm completely wrong, there are no generic brand dolce gusto capsules on the market?

I find the price of these on dolcegusto.ie and in tesco stores to be broadly similar.

When ordering, I usually get from amazon.co.uk and can work out slightly cheaper with free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 torrid

There's usually a code that comes with these machines that allows €12 off first order from their online store and currently if you buy 8 boxes they'll throw in a free one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    Unless I'm completely wrong, there are no generic brand dolce gusto capsules on the market?

I find the price of these on dolcegusto.ie and in tesco stores to be broadly similar.

When ordering, I usually get from amazon.co.uk and can work out slightly cheaper with free delivery.
    Was discussing this the other day with someone amd they seemed to know more about it. The design patent for dolce gusto pods is under an exclusivity clause and cant be copied until next year or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Was discussing this the other day with someone amd they seemed to know more about it. The design patent for dolce gusto pods is under an exclusivity clause and cant be copied until next year or something.

Same happened with Nespresso which ran out late last year hence the influx of pods from Lidl, Aldi, Robt Roberts etc...

t'would be great if you could get a re-useable pod and just put your own coffee into it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Seve OB wrote: »
    t'would be great if you could get a re-useable pod and just put your own coffee into it!

You can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

saw in tesco (maynooth) today, 70 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tweedle Dumb

Tesco Oranmore have them at €49 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Tesco Oranmore have them at €49 today

will wait so if ty go down:)

unklerosco wrote: »

class, i'm going to get me one of them.....

a little late now though as i just ordered online! bought about 10 boxes cause had the €12 voucher and if you got 8 you get a free box and then bought an extra box cause it was basically free due to the postage being free if you go over a certain amount

it would be nice if they did a mix and match box either a ready made selection or that you could make up yourself. it would be handy for trading to see which you like best

i think its a bit ridiculous they give the uk free postage but not ireland... typical

• Advertisement

Advertisement