Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - July 1st - Aviva Stadium

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'd just about suffer paying the money because my husband is a fan, he's never seen them live. Are they worth the money? I don't mind paying for a really good show but don't want to do so if they just go through the motions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. It won't. Be plenty of tickets left over right up until July for this!

As much as I hope your right, i doubt it. AC/Dc hardly ever play in Ireland. They are probably even bigger now than they were back in 09

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

dobman88 wrote: »
    No. It won't. Be plenty of tickets left over right up until July for this!
    Not. a. chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'd just about suffer paying the money because my husband is a fan, he's never seen them live. Are they worth the money? I don't mind paying for a really good show but don't want to do so if they just go through the motions.

Was in the pit for them in 2009 and they are worth the money.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Gonna have to ask Santa for a ticket , Already broke the bank with Fleetwood Mac and Slane tickets.Plus rent and still need to get presents sorted

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Did they sell out Punchestown in 2009? What's the capacity of gigs, there 70k?

I am tempted but could do without spending it right now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eviltwin wrote: »
    they go through the ACDC motions...which is fine

nm wrote: »
    Did they sell out Punchestown in 2009? What's the capacity of gigs, there 70k?

I am tempted but could do without spending it right now
    70k officially but it looked like more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Feck sake! My favourite band, never seen 'em live - I'll be on J1 for this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

70k officially but it looked like more.

Did it sell out though or rather, sell out quick? Google isn't really tell me, only that the o2 gig sold out quick.

The Aviva must be around 60k capacity so not far off.

• Advertisement

nm wrote: »
    Did it sell out though or rather, sell out quick? Google isn't really tell me, only that the o2 gig sold out quick.

The Aviva must be around 60k capacity so not far off.
    last two Irish gigs were gone in no time....the o2 in seconds which built up sales for punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

deadybai wrote: »
    Missed the gig in 2009 because of my leaving cert and probably going to miss this one now because times are tough. Hopefully they will come back when their in their 80's :pac: :(

for a big gig like this, there'll be spare tickets floating around on Toutless in the run up to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

It's on a Wednesday too. Might put a few off. But if it does sell out it leaves room for a second date maybe? London could definitely get a second date for the Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭stitcheddepin

you're kidding yourselves if you don't think this will sell out in a day.
    hopefully they announce another one also, although they are fairly old and frail.
    total rip off price, extortion, but il pay it as they are sure to be gig of the year, better than poo fighters any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭griffin100

Last time out the O2 sold out in minutes, Punchestown still had tickets on sale close to the date. I think this one will sell out quick, maybe if it does they'll put on a second one. I'll be bringing my 9 year old son to this, it'll be his last chance to see them and he loves them.

I seen them in 1991,1996 and at both Irish gigs in 2009. I was in the pit at Punchestown. Every gig was amazing but the O2 in 2009 was probably the best..........no wait the 96 gig when Angus appeared beside me in the crowd on that raised platform he uses and I was so close his sweat fell on me was the best......no it was Punchestown in the rain which was epic.......fcuk it they were all great gigs! Jesus I'm so excited, I feel like Elf in the movie when he finds out Santa is coming to the store :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Puibo

sugarman wrote:
    Go ask my sack

Dont post on this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

last two Irish gigs were gone in no time....the o2 in seconds which built up sales for punchestown.
    Took a good while to sell out punchestown. I remember as I had queued early in the morning for them and was annoyed that I had put in the effort for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Im sorry lads but if you spend €87.50 to stand in the aviva for a few hours...Ya need your head examined...Im a fan but jabus christ!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭deadybai

How long did they play for back in 09? Hopefully 3-4 hours like The Boss.

deadybai wrote: »
    How long did they play for back in 09? Hopefully 3-4 hours like The Boss.

About 2 hours off the top of my head.

They better have decent support this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Puibo wrote: »
    Dont post on this thread again.

Go on and justify 87.50 and then say that.

Absolutely extortionate prices! Could have easily waited until January to announce this, not a week/2 weeks after Slane was confirmed!

Will easily sell though, Punchestown didn't sell, tickets were available up until 2 weeks before!
    Hope this goes the same way, but doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭leakyboots

DrumSteve wrote: »
    About 2 hours off the top of my head.

They better have decent support this time.

Just announced on Twitter, The Script

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

leakyboots wrote: »

Got a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Yes I agree €87.50 is ridiculous, but how much were you expecting the tickets to cost?

Ive seen AC/DC 5 times and they have been consistently brilliant.

I for one am happy they are playing a stadium, I refuse to stand in a field, accessed by tiny country lanes and be treated like an animal like we were at Punchestown.

The only complaints I would have this time around is the line up.
    Obviously Malcolm Young has his problems and will no longer be involved, but with Phil Rudd proving he's as mad as mad jack mcmadden, winner of last years mr madman competition, its essentially Brian Johnson, Angus Young, Cliff Williams and 2 others.

Also their setlist doesn't change enough. With an incredible catalogue of quality music, they tend to play the same 15 or 16 songs tour after tour.

All that said, I'm so there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Agreed that the price is ridiculous but I'll be going either way as the 02 show in 2009 was the best gig I've been to. Was also at Punchestown, not quite the same but still brilliant. The way I look at it, I'd be spending €20 for the return Dublin Bus if they were playing out in the middle of nowhere so while the gig is more expensive, I'd probably end up paying the same either way and I also get to avoid the nightmare of getting back after the gig so not playing Punchestown again is worth the extra money imo.

leakyboots wrote: »

That has to be a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,228 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DrumSteve wrote: »
    That has to be a joke.

It is.

It's Hozier supporting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Interesting to see how their album sales will compare to the ticket sales for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

poundhound wrote: »
    The only complaints I would have this time around is the line up. Obviously Malcolm Young has his problems and will no longer be involved, but with Phil Rudd proving he's as mad as mad jack mcmadden, winner of last years mr madman competition, its essentially Brian Johnson, Angus Younf, Cliff Williams and 2 others.

Isnt that true of nearly every band that's been around as long as AC/DC have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,074 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would love to go to this but I have a meeting in work at 9 on Wednesday and it will be sold out by the time I get to a phone or a PC.

Is there any pre sales?

Advertisement