Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitbit and other similar watches

Options
  • 12-12-2014 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering does anyone have experience with these trackers?

Do they actually silently wake you up?

Also - more importantly for me - do they track your workout? I know they track your steps but if I went jogging do they track that and give me relevant information on the phone/pc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Periwinkle!

I have the fitbit flex and love it. If your not wearing it for your workout you can add it in through the app on your phone. It tracks your steps and you can add in all the food your eating so it also tracks how many calories your consuming. You can put it into sleep mood so it track how many hours of sleep you get, times you were awake at and any restless sleep your having. You can also set a alarm on it which will make it vibrate to wake you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 GladWrap

Hi there.

I have the FitBit Flex and it drives me mad.

There's no display and in order to invoke sleep mode you have to tap it and wait for lights to flash. But there's no way of telling whether it's worked so you tap it again and then again and you forget where you're up to.

No, it doesn't wake you up. It's just a (basic) monitor.

Yes, it can track your workout, sort of. It does in that if you remember the time you went and what you did or where you went you log it in via your dashboard and it calculates it for you. If you want exact paces, peaks and troughs, heart rate etc then no.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There are a lot of different trackers with tons of different features. Fitbit are releasing two new models in January (why the hell they're missing the Christmas season I don't know, they must be banking on new year's resolutions).

I did a load of research on the different models available and I really can't find one that I think I'll be entirely happy with.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Spookyspook

I have the fitbit charge as well and I love it. The silent alarm wakes me up. I use the calories burned the most and then log the food I've eaten for the day. Really handy. I also like the stopwatch built into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

The new one is going to have a HRM so that will give you more accurate results regarding calories burned, not sure if it's out yet. I wouldn't buy any of the current models as its only a guesstimate without a HRM.

Not sure why people want to track their basic activity, wandering down to the shops, going upstairs. You can track your walks/ runs with mapmyrun for free and fitbit is pointless in the gym.

What activity are you looking to track/ record/ measure?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have the fitbit charge as well and I love it. The silent alarm wakes me up. I use the calories burned the most and then log the food I've eaten for the day. Really handy. I also like the stopwatch built into it.

I bought a fitbit charge about 3 weeks ago and I love it. I definitely wouldnt like it as much if it was missing the display and watch functionality. I bought my GF a Jawbone Up and she has no interest in it. I am sure if it had a display she would show a little more interest.

I really like the sleep tracker and while I've heard the step counter is inaccurate, tbh, I don't need the exact number, I just need to know roughly my steps compared to the previous day. I've just started using the calorie tracker, and am unsure if I will keep it up. I never kept up with myfitness pal for very long as I find entering the information to be a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I got the Fitbit Charge HR during the week and I really like it. I know that it tends to underestimate your heart rate, especially HIIT or strength, but I'd rather that than overestimating

Advertisement