Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Im missing out on some top courses by not going to these events. Will have to get my ass in gear for next year or even try and make the last event this year but they are all a 3+ hour drive for me :(. might drag along a guest to break up the driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    Seve OB wrote: »
    Firstly, it's great to hear they were so impressed, glad they enjoyed it.

Anyone is welcome to join the society but the rules are they must have a boards username. We are a society which has grown from the forum and as you see and know, this is where all the discussion about the society happens. Other societys have their local or workplace to meet and arrange their events, this is where we meet :D

Pretty much everyone these days has an e-mail address which is all you need to sign up to boards. If they do that, and come on here to ask about joining, then that's all that is needed. It's not a requirement that they be regular posters, but it would be nice if they could keep an eye on the relevant threads

Given both are technophobes i'll get em signed up just for this! They'll definitely join for next year. But both were seriously impressed by the course on Sunday - I was so impressed i'm thinking of moving there next year from Knightsbrook!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭bobster453

Yes, I've money to burn and will pay whatever it takes to play the best courses
    Hi All
    Having spent many hours sweating and toiling, burning the midnight oil, resolving very complex algebraic equations and using mensa style theories of probability to compute and equate all the possible permutations I have finally discovered what I need to do in order to qualify for the Jug

#EUREKA

I wont bother boring you all with the extremely mentally taxing results and how I arrived at them, the upshot of it is this.....

If you all pay and don't turn up for the next two events then I am guaranteed a place, however if even one of you turns up and beats me into 2nd place each time then the probability of me making the Jug Team lengthens considerably unless I also come in 3rd to 10th inclusive which again makes it likely I will succeed.

Therefore in order to be sure of a spot I request you all to pay the money and don't play, this will have the added bonus of ensuring that the rest of the Jug Team as it presently stands will be well rested for the day in Druids Glen and we will be victorious.

In the off chance everyone ignores my request and do turn up to play please be advised that while I am verbally contracted to be Recycled's caddy for the day of the Jug, no money has yet been agreed or changed hands, therefore I am still legally a free agent and available to walk around with somebody and keep them regaled with all sorts of tall tales to relax them and help them focus.Just ask Recycled, he was so relaxed at Killeen that he couldnt hit a ball out of his way all day and still scored 29 points due to my unerring sense of judgement on the greens. :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,839 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Folks,

At the Carton House outing I will be making final call for those who want to book in for the overnight stay at the River Lee Hotel on captains night. As mentioned before, I have beds booked for 18 and so far only 8 guys (including myself) have paid deposits. The rate I have secured is €140 for twin rooms for B&B. I see on their website that rooms are still available but have gone up to €180. I can try and get more rooms at the cheaper rate if there is demand, but cannot guarantee it.

So that leaves room for 10 more at €70 per head. It's first come first served, so please have your deposits at Carton House. As much as possible please, and if you have already paid deposit and want to top it up that would be great also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

will PM you Seve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,801 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I'll be staying there Seve.

Pm ing a few lads for a roommate / caddy .

Looking for someone who doesn't mind a headbanger a bit loud and stays out way too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

Looking for someone who doesn't mind a headbanger a bit loud and stays out way too late.

NO way, I've seen your dance moves :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

Hi lads.

Been awhile since I've used boards but have been following offline for awhile through the different threads. Never knew ye had a golf society and I think it's a great idea.

Going into final year of college in Sept and will be reserving my Sunday mornings for golf. Still waiting on my official handicap to come through but when I play off '18' I ten to hit about 30-38 points. So a bit above that I imagine.

Would love to play carton house but will be away on my holidays. Are guests allowed play? Eyeing up fota in September with a view to joining next year.

Cheers!

Ben1977 wrote: »
    NO way, I've seen your dance moves :eek:

It's gonna be some night........ Fix dancing away looking for a caddy to share his room with........ It might not be pretty by the time morning rolls around!

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

He's not pretty fullstop!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

It's gonna be some night........ Fix dancing away looking for a caddy to share his room with........ It might not be pretty by the time morning rolls around!

I hope they're not someone he met on the internet!! They might have a dmd!!!

Lads any idea what sort of time - tee times are in Cork ?

sorry - just seen invite now - 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    sorry - just seen invite now - 2pm.

Loads of time to recover from drinks the night before!!

Anyone up for making a weekend of it and playing castlemartyr the day before??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Loads of time to recover from drinks the night before!!

Anyone up for making a weekend of it and playing castlemartyr the day before??

Am seriously thinking about heading down Friday. Long spin Saturday and beer after, I'd be in bed by 9!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 i_Steve

Is it still possible to join

• Registered Users Posts: 12 banjofitz

Hi .. I would also like to join if it was still possible

• Registered Users Posts: 12 banjofitz

Hi .. I would also like to join if it was still possible

Guys as there are only 2 events left this year it's a bit late to be joining now.

However you are all welcome to join us as visitors at our next outing at Carton House on Saturday 22nd August, that's 2 weeks from next Saturday. Why not pop along and see how we operate and you are most welcome to join us next year.

If you want to come to Carton drop me a pm asap as I need to confirm final numbers with them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 i_Steve

How do I pm you mate can it be done through the app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Macker1

Yes, I'll pay up to €5 extra
    i_Steve wrote: »
    How do I pm you mate can it be done through the app

Just click on Seve OB name and you will see an option to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

How many members are there of this society?

lawred2 wrote: »
    How many members are there of this society?

51 paid up members this year
    obviously for differing reasons, they aren't all out at every outing
    38 booked in for saturday at Carton house.

Room for a visitor at 10:30 if you would like to come along? be €65

51 paid up members this year
    obviously for differing reasons, they aren't all out at every outing
    38 booked in for saturday at Carton house.

Room for a visitor at 10:30 if you would like to come along? be €65

I'd love to.

But two kids under two tell me it ain't happening. Few years maybe.

I'd love to.

But two kids under two tell me it ain't happening. Few years maybe.

haha, I know that feeling. I just tell the missus I'll be home late and run out the door ;)

haha, I know that feeling. I just tell the missus I'll be home late and run out the door ;)

ha

I'd come home to an empty house

ha

I'd come home to an empty house

Can't beat a bit of peace and quite!

Can't beat a bit of peace and quite!

:)

Don't know the full results - but have a feeling Roadrunner and Charlie have given the chasers/outsiders for GOY much hope (including themselves).

But didn't hear how keano and a few others near top got on.

Here is Seve's secretary working out permutations. Sadly the back nine killed me again.

ATuring2_W_18jun12_getty_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Yes, I'll pay up to €10 extra
    Don't worry about me! I thought breaking 30 would be a great score...how wrong was I !

Only a win the next day would get me to the top!

Advertisement