Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A better time machine question

Options
  • 10-12-2014 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭

Ok, so you're allowed use a time machine 3 times. (Well say they're return journeys). Well see you can't use it for financial gain cos otherwise we'd all pick that!

What would you use it for?

Me,

1 - back 180 million years ago to have a look at dinosaurs. See what they looked like.

2- research when Jesus lived and go back for a look there. See what he was like.

3- go 35 years into the future to where I'm 65, see if I have any major regrets or if I've been killed or anything

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I already answered this questions five years from now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

What did you say then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

I'd use it in combination my faster than light drive to be able to travel anywhere in the universe and not have to come back to loved ones that died millions of years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

1. Dallas 1963... Who shot JFK... Probably Oswald, but anyway...

2. Late 1960s for some of that pre-AIDS free love... NYC or London I guess

3. 2060... Get data on finance markets and sports... Or a data dump from wikipedia... Return to 2014 and use data to make $$$$$

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

What if ghosts are actually our future selves trying to connect us through time and space.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Arsemageddon

I'd go back to 2003 and convince myself not buy that ba$tard Renault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

I think that going back in time, say back to the 80's or whatever would actually cause a mental breakdown for a lot of people.

Not that it's likely to happen of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

I've been to the year 3000.

What if ghosts are actually our future selves trying to connect us through time and space.

Nah, it's the grey aliens that are a more evolved us from the future that come back in time to mess with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I would go back one hour and go to bed cos I have to be up really early in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What did you say then?

Oh the same thing all humans say say in 2019

"ALL HAIL ANTS, OUR BENEVOLENT OVERLORDS"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

In conjunction with reverse vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Future time travel is possible. Past time travel not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd go back to 1922 to find out who shot Michael Collins
    Lourdes in 1858, and watch St. Bernadette have her visions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

What a lot of people forget about time travel is you stay in the same place so anyone travelling back in time to meet Jesus would have a serious job getting to Jerusalem once they travelled back :) so if you do get a time machine maybe take a flight before using it.

My choices would be:

1) go to thomond park and go back and watch munster beat the all blacks

2) study the financial markets in detail and then go back in time and make my family rich (while looking like a great lad)

3) keep the 3rd for later because I'm bound to do something properly stupid in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I'd go back to 22:37 and kill the OP therefore creating a paradox and the plot to a rather dull sci-fi novel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

branie2 wrote: »
    I'd go back to 1922 to find out who shot Michael Collins
    Lourdes in 1858, and watch St. Bernadette have her visions.

I may be wrong but im guessing you're a culchie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Well say they're return journeys). Well see you can't use it for financial gain cos otherwise we'd all pick that!

Return to 2014 and use data to make $$$$$

OP just said it! How can you think about using a time machine when you can't read a post. :)

Me and my time machine trips

1 = See my parents as children. Just curious.

2 = Forward couple hundred years to see did we make an absolute balls of the planet re natural resources and global warming issues.

3 = To that day when Girl A asked me did I like Girl B and I said no. Would definitely change that :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

For me it would be

Have a look at the dinosaurs

Watch jebus turn water into wine (have a feeling that will be a wasted trip)

Go 2000 yrs into the future and see how we're doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

1. Follow Biggins mad breadcrumb trail as he leapt through space and time. He's got to be out there somewhere but more importantly...when? Why are doth forsaken us?

2. Bring Facekicker as my super sexy awesome accomplice along for the ride to do the prerequisite facekicking one encounters on such a pioneering leap into the unknown

3. Return to Personal Issues just in time to delete all our PTSD stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Duff wrote: »
    I've been to the year 3000.

Tell us something, are they still marching over water?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I like how everybody has answered the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'd steal the plans for the machine and go back five years and make twenty of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I would travel to the future to play the lotto. It's probably going to be worth way more then.

Tell us something, are they still marching over water?

Nah, they all live under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

1. Back to roman times for one of those food gorging and orgy parties they used to have.

2.California in th 60's for those free loving acid fuelled hippie orgys.

3.Any other time era there was orgy culture somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'd travel back in time and watch Hitler kill Kennedy.

That's a stupid idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'd travel back in time and watch Hitler kill Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Id go back to 1921 and warn Micheal Collins that that evil bas,tard Dev was planning to have him shot because he was miserable jeolous corrupt American c,unt. Then I would have Dev shot:)

I would go to the future maybe 1000years from now see are humans still around have we evoloved much and did we invent a way of travelling to other planets and star systems. I would then go either back a few hundred years or maybe double that years or go forward by that amount dependinng on when I think I would like to live. I would like to think it would be maybe the 25th or 26th century that we would have spaceships with faster than light or folding space capabilities. I would stay there and train to eventually become a Captain of my own ship and the explore the galaxy or even maybe universe and have many exciting adventures along the way:)

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Correction: As with all time machines, traveling into the future is not possible.
    * (Please see the included holovid for more information.)

http://www.everydayfiction.com/used-time-machine-for-sale-by-kelsey-snyder/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement