Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto number checkers not working ..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Will the in store ticket checking machines become available again does anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

They will 90 days after the old lotto. You have 90 days from the date of a draw to collect a prize.So new machines will be out in about a month and a half or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Cheers. Best check my old slips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The instore checkers can only check tickets from the old lottery company. They cannot be used on the new tickets.

Its work in progress so should be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tony54

So when will the new customer ticket checkers be up and running? Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Shelflife

tony54 wrote: »
    So when will the new customer ticket checkers be up and running? Anyone know?

End of jan / early feb.

I think I would prefer them to fix the terminals before they start on the checkers. Hit and miss is an understatement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

Is there an App you can get to scan the ticket for you or do you just have to enter the numbers manually on Lotto.ie.......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The lack of ticket checkers is a bit of a customer unfriendly retrograde step tbh.

They shouldn't be taking this long to replace.

It's quite a bad idea to upgrade / change a service by removing features.
    The end users aren't seeing any positives. Just green tickets with warnings about not marking them.

A week maybe two but this is starting to look bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

SpaceTime wrote: »
    The lack of ticket checkers is a bit of a customer unfriendly retrograde step tbh.

They shouldn't be taking this long to replace.

It's quite a bad idea to upgrade / change a service by removing features.
    The end users aren't seeing any positives. Just green tickets with warnings about not marking them.

A week maybe two but this is starting to look bad.

they have to leave the old checkers in place while old tickets are still valid. this is 90 days from the changeover.

• Advertisement

The old and new ones are totally independent of one another though.

Beano wrote: »
    they have to leave the old checkers in place while old tickets are still valid. this is 90 days from the changeover.

I know that, but could they not be updated to enable customers to check old and new tickets. A lot of customers are complaining. I can only apologise!

I know that, but could they not be updated to enable customers to check old and new tickets. A lot of customers are complaining. I can only apologise!

No, they're from two totally unrelated suppliers and use different types of barcode.

They could have installed new ones and put them next to the old ones though. They're not exactly huge and they encourage people to come into shops so I don't think retailers would object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭berger89

Old machines will be fecked out at the end of January (90days after November 24th i think-->when new machines took over)

Old checker will still check old lotto slips (or shop assistants still have the old machine to check it on)
    New checker is different software tc etc to old chuckler which is why old ones do not and will not work on them.

You only have limited time to get your old tickets checked! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into larger thread on same discussion. Never knew that checking the Lotto numbers was such a hot topic!

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

dudara wrote: »
    Thread merged into larger thread on same discussion. Never knew that checking the Lotto numbers was such a hot topic!

dudara

Prepare now for the sh!t storm that's about to engulf you when idiots with yellow tickets realise that they are null and void in about 10 days time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

berger89 wrote: »
    Old machines will be fecked out at the end of January (90days after November 24th i think-->when new machines took over)

You only have limited time to get your old tickets checked! :)

/pedant mode ON

90 days after November 24th is February 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

The new machines went live the 30th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They better start working soon. I'm sure I have some big winners in my wallet :)

I have to say the changeover has been handled embarassingly badly. I had difficulty even purchasing the tickets we wanted for our work syndicate!

Could they setup scanning on the mobile apps? That would be seriously handy.

Advertisement