Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your favourite urban legends about an actor, film or the movie industry?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Confirmed in this case, amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

DazMarz wrote: »
    Countless famous men (be they involved in film or not) are alleged to have had the two bottom ribs from their back removed so they could perform autofellatio.

A very young Jon Bon Jovi was long rumoured to have played Charlie in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory. Despite the striking similarity, it isn't him.

Lupe Velez did not drown in her toilet.

Similar to the bon jovi one but this one is actually true. The little kid doing the banjo duel in Deliverance was the first break for Thom Yorke who went on to have a successful career with radiohead

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Similar to the bon jovi one but this one is actually true. The little kid doing the banjo duel in Deliverance was the first break for Thom Yorke who went on to have a successful career with radiohead

This is true. Unfortunately young Thom didn't actually know how to play the banjo and had to have a body double do it for him...

hur8zm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

That the production of the movie Poltergeist was cursed by evil spirits with cast and crew dropping like flies. The little girl did fall ill and die midway through making Poltergeist 3, and the Preacher Cain guy from number 2 was on his last legs making the movie. There were a bunch of others apparently that went before their time too.

Less 'cursed by imaginary evil spirits' and more 'blighted by actual radioactive fallout' were the cast and crew of John Wayne's Genghis Khan flick "The Conqueror". The movie was filmed in the same desert they used to test atomic bombs. Lots of them fell ill directly as a result of this over the following years (including Wayne). Not a legend as such, just more sort of sad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I didnt know Tom was that old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Unfortunately I don't have any.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Unfortunately I don't have any.

Post of the year! :)

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I didnt know Tom was that old.

Don't let those boyish good looks fool you

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

Don't let those boyish good looks fool you

I hear he is as immortal as Keanu Reeves. Can you confirm?

danrua01 wrote: »
    I hear he is as immortal as Keanu Reeves. Can you confirm?

Definitely not true, Thom is little more than a devilishly handsome swamp rat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

I hear Jack Nicholson likes to post lies on Irish forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

The notion George Lucas always intended Star Wars to be a nine part series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Michael Fassbender was one of the roller-skating Pandas in the Kit-Kat ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

danrua01 wrote: »
    I hear Jack Nicholson likes to post lies on Irish forums.

tumblr_mjgxbzGSPx1r3d8abo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭davidrowe

The Exorcist and The Omen were both cursed. Seriously, a lot of freaky stuff happened when those films were being made. And afterwards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

That when Bill Murray was younger he met older Bill Murray who told younger Bill Murray that someday he'd win an Oscar.

Advertisement