Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

two bay slatted shed with grant cost?

Options
  • 08-12-2014 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

hello I just wondering what price would a two bay unit with lie backs end up gross cost first and apply for grant after

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

hello I just wondering what price would a two bay unit with lie backs end up gross cost first and apply for grant after

Depending on how good to contract it out and how much work you are willing to do yourself anything from 14-25K+vat. It would be a fairly straight forward shed. Grand would be over 8K if it was available. Look up department reference costs to get an accurate idea of grant and from this you can evulate cost,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 novice farmer

Depending on how good to contract it out and how much work you are willing to do yourself anything from 14-25K+vat. It would be a fairly straight forward shed. Grand would be over 8K if it was available. Look up department reference costs to get an accurate idea of grant and from this you can evulate cost,

thanks a million I might be eligible for 60% grant all going well now to decide if 2 bay is enough as they say measure twice cut once

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭Farmer Pudsey

thanks a million I might be eligible for 60% grant all going well now to decide if 2 bay is enough as they say measure twice cut once

Build the biggest shed you can within reason. Adding on a bay will only add about 25-30% to overall cost compared to a two bay. little difference in contractor costs for tank between 2 bay and 3 bay. It the same with the shed it will only cost 20% more.

Go for 16' slats and a 9' deep tank to have maximum slurry storage. If cagey and you qualify for 60% grant a 3 bay shed will cost less than 10K in real terms maybe as low as 6-8K. As well as costs are calculated on a area base for shed it is quite possible that a 3 bay shed may be more cost effective to build than a two bay with a 60% grant. If you are able to do concrete work excluding tank and fit drinkers etc 3 bay might work out same price as two bay.

Advertisement