Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro-choice group put banner advertising abortion pills on Galway Cathedral

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭obplayer

Originally Posted by volchitsa
    So in her 20s she has to
    artificially make her body into that of a 50 year old just because you
    think a fertilised egg is the same as a new born baby?
    PucaMama wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

So instead of smilies could you explain what was inaccurate about the post?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭volchitsa

so a complete hysterectomy and removal of ovaries is sinister in some way, yet abortion is ok

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

obplayer wrote: »

just dont think its ok to use abortion to escape responsibility instead of guaranteeing you wont get pregnant in the first place

:rolleyes:
    so a complete hysterectomy and removal of ovaries is sinister in some way, yet abortion is ok

Could you explain why a fertilised egg, a small blob of cells, has the same status as a born human being?

Could you explain why a fertilised egg, a small blob of cells, has the same status as a born human being?

that "blob of cells" has its right to live and develop.

• Advertisement

just dont think its ok to use abortion to escape responsibility instead of guaranteeing you wont get pregnant in the first place

I'll ask again, only slightly louder this time

I'll ask again, only slightly louder this time

are we a bit stressed out ;)

So it is a sentient creature? What about the cells which die when I cut myself shaving? Will I go to hell for this?

So it is a sentient creature? What about the cells which die when I cut myself shaving? Will I go to hell for this?

this must be your first discussion about abortion....cant think of any other reasons for this style of question ;)

Including when it's been created in a lab?
    Or only the "oops" ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Could you not just use contraception rather then having it all whipped out, having major surgery and damaging your health, on the off chance you might have an abortion. No doctor would do it anyway so this is a completely laughable nonsense argument.

volchitsa wrote: »
    Including when it's been created in a lab?
    Or only the "oops" ones?

im talking more about thed "i had sex, with a risk of making a life, now im shocked im pregnant" ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

More divisive tactics. I feel like this issue is being pushed into two sides, far-left feminists on the left, hard-right catholics on the right - when we all know that many people from different parts of the political spectrum have views on this.
    Díobháil: The Galway Radical Feminist Network. "Smashing the heteronormative, patriarchal, white-supremacist, imperialist, ableist capitalist system."
    lmao

im talking more about thed "i had sex, with a risk of making a life, now im shocked im pregnant" ones.
    What's the difference, as far as the embryo is concerned though? Only the ones whose mothers are sluts have a right to life, is that what you mean?

What's the difference, as far as the embryo is concerned though? Only the ones whose mothers are sluts have a right to life, is that what you mean?

is that what you think of single mothers???

are we a bit stressed out ;)

No, just trying to get an answer to my question.:rolleyes:

is that what you think of single mothers???

No, you appear to, since you feel it's ok to punish a woman for getting pregnant through carelessness by forcing her to remain pregnant, when (apparently) you would be ok with abortions for other, more deserving women.

Again, not my views, yours.

this must be your first discussion about abortion....cant think of any other reasons for this style of question ;)

Well how about you answer the questions? Or is dodging the question your usual style?

No, you appear to, since you feel it's ok to punish a woman for getting pregnant through carelessness by forcing her to remain pregnant, when (apparently) you would be ok with abortions for other, more deserving women.

Again, not my views, yours.

em, im not sure exactly where you read that but i know no person who i would be ok with having an abortion.

im also not punishing women, im protecting the innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Crazy ladies and their wombs

• Advertisement

em, im not sure exactly where you read that but i know no person who i would be ok with having an abortion.

Well I suppose a non-sentient blob of cells is innocent. Just like the blood from my shaving cuts.

Well I suppose a non-sentient blob of cells is innocent. Just like the blood from my shaving cuts.

you are so funny :pac::pac::pac:

So why didn't you reply to my question about whether IVF embryos have an equal right to life?

You actually replied to that with a judgmental comment on how some women get pregnant through lack of precautions, so unless that was a totally irrelevant post, you do seem to make a distinction in the rights you accord to embryos/fetuses depending on the nature of their conception.

Or perhaps you dont, and that was just a poor attempt at sidestepping the question?

you are so funny :pac::pac::pac:

You're very good with the smilies, I'll give you that. Not so good at answering questions though.

So why didn't you reply to my question about whether IVF embryos have an equal right to life?

You actually replied to that with a judgmental comment on how some women get pregnant through lack of precautions, so unless that was a totally irrelevant post, you do seem to make a distinction in the rights you accord to embryos/fetuses depending on the nature of their conception.

Or perhaps you dont, and that was just a poor attempt at sidestepping the question?

whether they be concieved through ivf or naturally if i had my way they would go on to develop and grow. if you are unwilling to allow it then get sterilised the most reliable way possible, and deal with your decision.

whether they be concieved through ivf or naturally if i had my way they would go on to develop and grow. if you are unwilling to allow it then get sterilised the most reliable way possible, and deal with your decision.

And yet no-one ever protests outside IVF clinics. Why is that do you think? Do you never think for a second about all those "babies" in test tubes? Why are they treated so differently by the prolife groups as well as by the law than the ones inside women?

And yet no-one ever protests outside IVF clinics. Why is that do you think? Do you never think for a second about all those "babies" in test tubes? Why are they treated so differently by the prolife groups as well as by the law than the ones inside women?

isnt ivf about concieving? and not prevention. ivf is a positive really. if its with the intention of concieving. dont think its ethical to create loads and loads of embryos only to destroy most. thinking about it i dont even know where an ivf clinic is in ireland :confused: hadnt thought about it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Maybe someone should tell them that it's the Government that makes the rules so next time they can put their little poster outside Leinster House instead.

But what they did was always going to be popular on here where it's open season on all things Catholic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

You would have thought they would have kept things the way they want things.

I mean they say it is their bodies, their choice, yet use a Cathedral which isn't theirs and push their morals onto what the people who use the Cathedral wouldn't most likely agree with.

Anyway it sounds like another looney, far left group.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

PucaMama wrote:

yes

Advertisement