Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most overrated band

Options
  • 07-12-2014 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Ok so I seen the thread most underrated band and was thinking who is overrated.

I would have to say, I think The Script are overrated. I feel like they are just a boy band singing whiny pop songs claiming to be a rock band. I just don't get what the big deal is with them.

They remind me a bit like Maroon 5 who I also think are an overrated boy band signing awful pop songs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Beatles

Led Zeppelin

Metallica

Guns N Roses

I've always much preferred their alternates:

The Kinks

Deep Purple

Megadeth

L.A. Guns

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Led Zeppelin
    Aerosmith
    AC/DC

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

You take that back, Metallica are fantastic especially the earlier stuff.

I often hear of U2 as "the best band in the world"... They're not even the best Irish band ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

I would have to agree with 'Guns and Roses' and 'Aerosmith'. They have a kind of 'Bon Jovi' feel about them!

Also 'Journey', they just make me cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

There are better bands out there than some of those mentioned but you probably haven't heard of them.

*sips starbucks*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I would have to agree with 'Guns and Roses' and 'Aerosmith'. They have a kind of 'Bon Jovi' feel about them!

Also 'Journey', they just make me cringe.

Aerosmith came first, thusly Bon Jovi has an Aerosmith feel about them.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Got to be nirvana.Ever actually read there lyrics and what possible reason would you have for jumping into a set of drums???

There are better bands out there than some of those mentioned but you probably haven't heard of them.

*sips starbucks*

You mean 'better overrated bands' as in more overrated than mentioned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Definitely The Doors

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

Oasis!! Maybe a bit controversial choice. I am an Oasis fan but when you consider the amount of albums that they sold without being very originally, I would have to say that they were very over rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mark13

Radiohead haven't put out a good album since 2000.

Oasis!! Maybe a bit controversial choice. I am an Oasis fan but when you consider the amount of albums that they sold without being very originally, I would have to say that they were very over rated.

I remember there was a whole Oasis vs Blur thing years ago.

I was always on the Oasis side but now when I look back I can see that Blur were far more experimental and diverse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Coldplay

Most people think coldplay are crap, definitely not overrated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

guns n ****ing roses
    pantera
    ac/dc

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I don't think Radiohead have ever released an album that should have them repeatedly at the top of the best band ever lists. Never liked them, just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely has to be one direction. Woeful stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »

I only know one song of theirs and its crap. How are they so huge!

Their music is obviously not the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Mozart....omg...like,Harry styles has...like..a million more followers on twitter...and he SOOOO totally ripped of harrys <3 hairstyle

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Straylight

Tyson Fury wrote: »

To be fair, they're a boy band and that's the particular niche they're going for, not critical acclaim. So I think it's a bit wrong to call them overrated in the same way that The Beatles or Radiohead have been mentioned.

Straylight wrote: »
    To be fair, they're a boy band and that's the particular niche they're going for, not critical acclaim. So I think it's a bit wrong to call them overrated in the same way that The Beatles or Radiohead have been mentioned.

I don't know they probably see themselves as some kind of modern day Beatles if they believe in their own hype.

I personally don't think The Beatles are overrated.

As for One Direction, I think within their niche as a boy band even then they are overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,381 ✭✭✭Riddle101

U2
    Bon Jovi
    Kings of Leon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Kings Of Leon are music for people who'd like to think they like music, but don't.

Speaking of The Beatles though, I never did like any of the Paul Mc Cartney stuff with Wings. Not sure how Wings were rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Aerosmith came first, thusly Bon Jovi has an Aerosmith feel about them.;)

I find a marked difference between the Aerosmith of the seventies and some of the more mainstream music that they produced on the late eighties to early nineties. It could be argued they absorbed some of the more contemporary bands like Bon Jovi at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Kings of Leon. Like a bad version of Foreigner...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kings Of Leon are music for people who'd like to think they like music, but don't.

They were decent up until their 4th album but then just became absolute trash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Saralee4 wrote: »
    I remember there was a whole Oasis vs Blur thing years ago.

I was always on the Oasis side but now when I look back I can see that Blur were far more experimental and diverse.

Sure even poor aul Dougal couldn't decide if he preferred Oasis or Blur

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Gbear wrote: »
    They were decent up until their 4th album but then just became absolute trash.

Their first album is the only one worth listening to. Once they cut their hair and started sucking corporate cock they were done.

But, yeah, Coldplay.

Advertisement