Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Sale (Christmas, 2014 Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭d0gb0y

downloading at 50k a second....memories:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

d0gb0y wrote: »
    downloading at 50k a second....memories:(

oh no :(

seams that they have stopped people logging in cause i restarted to get mgs to show in the library and now im locked out

Spare a thought for all those poor russian gamers with their tanked currency right when a steam sale is on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

cant get in

and feckin launcher prompts gets me to retype my password each time I press retry - worst christmas ever

/throws toys

d0gb0y wrote: »
    Spare a thought for all those poor russian gamers with their tanked currency right when a steam sale is on

Should of thought about that before they told the Ukraine to "Crimea river"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Meh. Just had a look there and there's nothing for me. Between having so much stuff from previous sales and the fact that the deals just don't seem as impressive anymore when there are sites like Kinguin there all year around, I'm not sure how much I'll get.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Will buy Rome 2. The latest patch is supposed to have fixed a lot, and haven't played the series in a good while.

back up downloading mgs at 2mb/s done in 15 minutes

and i have an exam tomorrow

feck it :pac:

edit i can finnish the game in 30 minutes then back to study lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭Quandary

Picked up State of Decay there for under €5 :)

been wanting that one on the cheap for a while now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Will probably pick up Ground Zeroes, €14 for the PC version is fine by me!

• Advertisement

Agricola wrote: »
    Will probably pick up Ground Zeroes, €14 for the PC version is fine by me!

its only 2.9 gb download :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hurry 6pm ffs! I bought a new PC for this moment!
    Retr0gamer buys a new PC? Hrmmmm :pac:

=-=

Shall be looking for the new Wolfenstein game for the cheap. Possibly CS:GO if it's €3 or below.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

No amazing deals today from what i can see. Dark souls 2 for 14.79 is prob a good buy

They're re-releasing this so I would avoid it for now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

gazzamc wrote: »
    They're re-releasing this so I would avoid it for now..
    they are?

Kiith wrote: »
    Will buy Rome 2. The latest patch is supposed to have fixed a lot, and haven't played the series in a good while.

I'm still playing the RTW1 with mods, I think i'll hold off on 2 till the DLC's become cheap

Links234 wrote: »
    they are?

From Wikipedia:

An updated version, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, will be released in 2015. The title is a compilation of the original game and its DLC campaigns, and will be released alongside a free patch for existing versions. Scholar of the First Sin will also come in enhanced PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, featuring updated graphics, audio, and performance, along with an increase in the maximum amount of online players in single session.[11]

Sorry can't link on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's coming to Xbox One and PS4 with DLC and 'improvements' and that version is going to be released on PC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I'd probably have to at least play a decent bit of Dark Souls before even thinking of buying II anyway ;)

Links234 wrote: »
    I'd probably have to at least play a decent bit of Dark Souls before even thinking of buying II anyway ;)

I've had dark souls since last Xmas sale and I've yet to finish it, not from lack of trying though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,743 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I bought dark souls 2 years ago before it was a flash deal and never got the game to run properly.

At least maybe since its gone to steamworks it might actually work now.

These sales are weak sauce though.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Overheal wrote: »
    I bought dark souls 2 years ago before it was a flash deal and never got the game to run properly.

At least maybe since its gone to steamworks it might actually work now.

These sales are weak sauce though.

Yah I am thinking the same I ignored the last one it was very meh, not sure what the hell they did to the sale ui but hard to tell what's a daily deal ect.

Ground zeroes isn't worth it unless you love metal gear even at that it's borderline

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Calhoun wrote: »
    Yah I am thinking the same I ignored the last one it was very meh, not sure what the hell they did to the sale ui but hard to tell what's a daily deal ect.

Dark Souls and meh.... does not compute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Very disappointing sale imo. Worst one that I can remember. The Thanksgiving sale was alot better than this and that wasn't even a main sale event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I like that they've put my wishlist games on the front page so I can see if they've got discounts.

I dislike that they've put my wishlist games on the front page because at first I thought it was a super-targetted flash sale. Dammit!

All I'm realistically looking to pick up this time around is South Park and maybe Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. But today is payday and I am afraid.

Steam has drawn first blood

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Just getting back in to Steam after about 2 years away.

Is the Counter Strike complete bundle at €13.99 a decent deal or is it likely to go down further?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Vojera wrote: »
    I like that they've put my wishlist games on the front page so I can see if they've got discounts.

I dislike that they've put my wishlist games on the front page because at first I thought it was a super-targetted flash sale. Dammit!

All I'm realistically looking to pick up this time around is South Park and maybe Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. But today is payday and I am afraid.

I'd pick up the games you want if they are community/last day sales. I wouldn't worry about impulse buys as the prices aren't as good as usual.

Advertisement