Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - Reservation Codes - Wanted/Available

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The only end to this is Argos taking the reserve system away.

This thread will spur it on .

The reserve system is great, it's the people that openly abuse it on here that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Why are you reserving codes outside of Dublin?

Seems to be her "thing", a quick read of her other posts is very interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Seems to be her "thing", a quick read of her other posts is very interesting!

:o Definitely an example of why swapping should be banned

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I've benefitted from reviving codes others have given me and likewise I've given out codes too, but I'd like to think I've been "honest" about that. I've only reserved items I genuinely wanted and only local to me and if for whatever reason I couldn't collect I offer them as soon as I know I won't be able to collect same. This reserving multiple codes in multiple locations around the country that you have no intention of collecting malarkey is bullsh*t.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Why has there been no comment from a mod?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Claire222

It was the same for the Playstation 4's on offer a couple of weeks ago... People (not this particular poster) reserving codes for Monaghan, Galway and elsewhere when they needed Dublin reservations.

Had a friend in Monaghan, that wanted it but she got one , going to athlone to pick up.

If anyone needs code for Monaghan. Pm me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Gits_bone wrote: »

Did you report anything or pm a BA mod?

If you have , they're probably trying to figure out what's the best thing to do with this. (if they feel any action is needed)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Gits_bone wrote: »

Mods don't care. This is generating traffic, looks good for advertisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

plus argos codes probably have no mention in the forum charter and its not illegal activity.

What gets my goat is when the camera thread was going 2 months ago and someone pleaded for a code and suddenly the same username (eejit!) put the item on adverts.........Now that's bold

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Why are you reserving codes outside of Dublin?

Why not??? :confused: If somebody wants to reserve something for the benefit of somebody getting a popular item and is willing to share the reservation code then carry on!
    If the time came and you needed something and Mary from Cork had reserved something close by to you in say Wicklow area and got you out of a pickle I'd say you'd change your tune fairly sharpish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

GBX wrote: »
    Why not??? :confused: If somebody wants to reserve something for the benefit of somebody getting a popular item and is willing to share the reservation code then carry on!
    If the time came and you needed something and Mary from Cork had reserved something close by to you in say Wicklow area and got you out of a pickle I'd say you'd change your tune fairly sharpish.

They aren't sharing the code though, they are hijacking it and holding it to ransom for a code closer to them. This practice should definitely be banned and lead to a banning from Bargain alerts.

I recently reserved one of the PS4's in Ashbourne as that was the closest to me at the time and had every intention of going to get it there but the next day I managed to reserve one closer so I took that instead and posted on this thread I had the code in Ashbourne available to anyone who wanted it for nothing in return, I don't believe anyone has an issue with this.

But someone purposely reserving items in stores they have no intention of actually getting to, to use as a negotiating tactic is wrong in my opinion and against the ethos of what bargain alerts is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why is this still happening? do people have no cop on?

its not a mods job to stop this. Its the people being right pricks. If you live in dublin, stop reserving things in cork/mayo/galway wherever. Let locals get the deals instead of wasting peoples time.

Sharing deals here is a load of bollox, there would be no need to share if you stop ****ing reserving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They aren't sharing the code though, they are hijacking it and holding it to ransom for a code closer to them. This practice should definitely be banned and lead to a banning from Bargain alerts.

I recently reserved one of the PS4's in Ashbourne as that was the closest to me at the time but the next day I managed to reserve one closer so I took that instead and posted on this thread I had the code in Ashbourne available to anyone who wanted it for nothing in return, I don't believe anyone has an issue with this.

But someone purposely reserving items in stores they have no intention of actually getting to, to use as a negotiating tactic is wrong in my opinion and against the ethos of what bargain alerts is about.

I 100% agree with being fair and not hogging codes. Its not the way forward. But how can this be regulated?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

GBX wrote: »
    I 100% agree with being fair and not hogging codes. Its not the way forward. But how can this be regulated?

Just ban swapping. You can't request a reservation code in exchange for one you have yourself. You can only post if you have a reservation code to give away for free and with no strings attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I think the problem is who mods this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Have a code for Mahon Point if someone wants it. Needs to be collected by close of business today. Will swap for some happy thoughts and some luck.

Contact via pm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Did you report anything or pm a BA mod?

If you have , they're probably trying to figure out what's the best thing to do with this. (if they feel any action is needed)

Exactly, we are discussing this and hoping to come up with a solution soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Please use this thread going forward

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement