Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet Help

Options
  • 02-12-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

As the title states, I need some help/info on my diet.

Currently Im sitting at about 70kgs with a body fat % or about 14-18%.

Im 27 years of age now and at my "peak" I was only about 62kgs with a body fat % of about 6%.

Myself and my friend (he's 25, 6'2", and about 106kgs) have been chatting about getting into shape and all of that. Only thing holding him back is he's lazy but he can eat right, whereas Im the complete opposite. Im not lazy at all but my diet is absolutely terrible.

Is there anyone of ye out there that could help me with a diet considering the following.
    • I don't eat vegetables
    • I don't eat pasta, spaghetti or any of those foods.
    • I don't like taking those supplements.
    • I don't drink any fizzy drinks but eat an awful lot of chocolate and taytos.

Is all hope lost for me or can I be saved?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

midg23 wrote: »
    Is there anyone of ye out there that could help me with a diet considering the following.
    • I don't eat vegetables

What's any of those foods, spaghetti is pasta, so is it just pasta you don't eat?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I dont think you need anyone here to tell you to stop eating the chocolate and taytos, for a start.
    Along with your 'I dont' list above, how about an I do list, so we know what you do eat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

midg23 wrote: »
    Myself and my friend (he's 25, 6'2", and about 106kgs) have been chatting about getting into shape and all of that. Only thing holding him back is he's lazy but he can eat right, whereas Im the complete opposite. Im not lazy at all but my diet is absolutely terrible.

• I don't eat vegetables

I'll be honest with you, diet has a huge effect. You can do all the exercise you want but if your diet is crap you're not going to progress much if at all. I don't buy that you "don't like eating vegetables". If you want to get into shape and lose weight you will have to learn to eat vegetables like it or not. Everyone can learn to like foods they previously wouldn't have if they are determined to get healthy.

Tbh, your probably eating such poor quality food that your taste buds can't handle what real food tastes like. You don't have to take "those supplements" if you are willing to mature a bit and eat vegetables, they won't kill you. Forgot about serious exercising until you sort out your relationship with food. Also I don't understand what you mean by not liking spaghetti or "any of those foods"? What foods do you eat exactly?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Just do what you did when you were at 6%.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 midg23

What's any of those foods, spaghetti is pasta, so is it just pasta you don't eat?

I know that spagetti is pasta. What i meant was I dont eat pasta, nor will i eat it when it is used as spagetti in conjunction with sauces, etc.
    Oryx wrote: »
    I dont think you need anyone here to tell you to stop eating the chocolate and taytos, for a start.
    Along with your 'I dont' list above, how about an I do list, so we know what you do eat?
    I'll pretty much eat anything except vegetables, pastas and such as explained above, liver and stew. Everything else im good for.
    I'll be honest with you, diet has a huge effect. You can do all the exercise you want but if your diet is crap you're not going to progress much if at all. I don't buy that you "don't like eating vegetables". If you want to get into shape and lose weight you will have to learn to eat vegetables like it or not. Everyone can learn to like foods they previously wouldn't have if they are determined to get healthy.

Tbh, your probably eating such poor quality food that your taste buds can't handle what real food tastes like. You don't have to take "those supplements" if you are willing to mature a bit and eat vegetables, they won't kill you. Forgot about serious exercising until you sort out your relationship with food. Also I don't understand what you mean by not liking spaghetti or "any of those foods"? What foods do you eat exactly?:confused:

I've said what i eat above.

thanks for the responses people.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

What is a typical daily diet?

Advertisement