Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

edge 500 v edge 510

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

billyhead wrote: »
    going to pull the trigger on a 500. Anyone know wheee would be the cheapest place or website to get one.
    Not being smart but the cycling adverts forum / adverts.ie always have them come up. Okay its a used item but cheaper than box fresh. Just a suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

there are some on amazon.co.uk for 126 pounds plus parcel motel. They were the cheapest i found during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/gps/product/cycling-garmin/garmin/garmin-edge-500/?gclid=CPT2iMCLrcICFWWy2wodJwgAyQ

Wiggle is about the same price as combined amazon & parcel motel price.

Don't forget a spare bike mount if you have >1 bikes. http://www.wiggle.co.uk/garmin-edge-bike-mount/#tabAA
    Option 1 had 2 mounts when I got it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭billyhead

Not being smart but the cycling adverts forum / adverts.ie always have them come up. Okay its a used item but cheaper than box fresh. Just a suggestion

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I would rather go new then get a second hand one. Wiggle seems the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

it seems to be a comprehensive yes for the 500 over the 510. I still want the 510 but may regret it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I have used the Garmin return service an it took about a week to get back to me. I managed to drown the replacement in the washing machine, and it soldiered on for a while before giving up. Sometimes it would be fine and sometimes just stay blank - only the screen was wrecked, the unit worked fine.
    I decided not to repair it as I wanted maps so I went for an 800 and got a refurb unit from ebay USA for 150 euro.
    Very happy with that decision. The satellite lock on is quicker, the unit records more accurately and I love the touch screen and mapping

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Jim Stynes

made the decision. going for a 500. Cheaper and does all the things I want it to do. I think was being torn between the 510 because of its lovely shiny screen.

Advertisement