Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cup Competitions

Options
  • 01-12-2014 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭

We have a separate thread for the FSA League Cup, but I think I last year started a thread for following and discussing our progress in other cups, mainly the Official Cup and the FFS Paddy Power Cup.

I think its no harm this year again. There is also a €200 cup in the Finn Harps League which several regulars here are in so I will post the draw / results from that here if no objection.

FFS Cup qualifiers will be out tomorrow. 1,897 entrants to whittle down to 1,015 places based on GW 13 results.

With my own 1.9m GW13 ranking I'm not too confident of going any further.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Really hoping my score of 41 will be enough to qualify for the FFS Cup. I missed out on both of their cups last season so it'd be nice to have a crack at it and see how far I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I should qualify for the Paddy Power Cup with my 51. It starts this weekend not tomorrow and will be looking forward to it. The FPL official one starts on Boxing Day. 'Tis the season for cup competitions member-piwoslaw-albums-smileys-picture2537-santa-smiley.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I should qualify for the Paddy Power Cup with my 51. It starts this weekend not tomorrow and will be looking forward to it. The FPL official one starts on Boxing Day. 'Tis the season for cup competitions member-piwoslaw-albums-smileys-picture2537-santa-smiley.gif
    jebforever wrote: »
    Really hoping my score of 41 will be enough to qualify for the FFS Cup. I missed out on both of their cups last season so it'd be nice to have a crack at it and see how far I get.

Both those scores will walk in lads.

I had a good run in it last year but I expect my 37(-4) will be curtains.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Do you think 41 will walk in? I'd say it will be close enough to the cut off. I assume there's a FFS members cup due soon too?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd say my 35 has killed any hope of qualifying. Pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Its nice not having to worry about qualifying I always seem to have a shocker in the qualifier week!

FHFC wrote: »
    Both those scores will walk in lads.

I had a good run in it last year but I expect my 37(-4) will be curtains.

Are you sure? I think it will be very tight.

Are you sure? I think it will be very tight.

I really do think so. 51 will definitely walk in. I'd be surprised if 41 doesn't make it too.

This was a freaky week where only a handful of the highest owned players scored more than 3 points. The GW average was 39 and the top 10k average can't have been much higher. Very good highly ranked players will have scored below average. It's one of those weeks where zombies could hammer a top 1k team.

I'll call the ffs cut at high 30s. Could well be miles off but that's my gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We have a separate thread for the FSA League Cup, but I think I last year started a thread for following and discussing our progress in other cups, mainly the Official Cup and the FFS Paddy Power Cup.

I think its no harm this year again. There is also a €200 cup in the Finn Harps League which several regulars here are in so I will post the draw / results from that here if no objection.

FFS Cup qualifiers will be out tomorrow. 1,897 entrants to whittle down to 1,015 places based on GW 13 results.

With my own 1.9m GW13 ranking I'm not too confident of going any further.

Did you have to apply for entry to that or are you in automatically if you are a member

I really do think so. 51 will definitely walk in. I'd be surprised if 41 doesn't make it too.

This was a freaky week where only a handful of the highest owned players scored more than 3 points. The GW average was 39 and the top 10k average can't have been much higher. Very good highly ranked players will have scored below average. It's one of those weeks where zombies could hammer a top 1k team.

I'll call the ffs cut at high 30s. Could well be miles off but that's my gut.

You could be right but I think if I'm to qualify it will be by the tightest of margins. Here's hoping!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Did you have to apply for entry to that or are you in automatically if you are a member

You had to submit an entry via the form: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2014/11/27/ffs-paddy-power-cup-x-entry-still-open/

Still time if you haven't!

You have to apply for the non members cup which is what we are talking about. But as far as I know you still can apply. Although if I miss out by 1 point I'll expect compensation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Entered that cheers lads.

Entered that cheers lads.

Another 200 entries since my post 3 hours ago. Need to be better than top 50% now.

Another 200 entries since my post 3 hours ago. Need to be better than top 50% now.

They really should have closed off the entries at the deadline to the last GW

KevIRL wrote: »
    They really should have closed off the entries at the deadline to the last GW

Yup. The entry will probably go way up tonight yet. My predictions above may therefore be bollocks.

Yeah I think that's ridiculous they allow for all these late entries. I probably don't stand a chance of qualifying now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,906 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Reckon they'll count points hits? 45 if so (and they should), 49 if not

CSF wrote: »

Yeah they do

A couple of seasons ago in the last 32 guy I was up against took a 12 pointer it was like getting a bye!

• Advertisement

Yeah I think that's ridiculous they allow for all these late entries. I probably don't stand a chance of qualifying now.

FFS obviously want as many in as possible which is fair enough and the more they get the more appealing it is for sponsors which in the long term is more beneficial for us more serious players.

FFS entry up to nearly 2,500. Still open for entry till 9am.

FFS entry up to nearly 2,500. Still open for entry till 9am.

The total at the deadline was 2,477 people. I highly doubt I'll make it with 41 but you never know.

EDIT: It's jumped to 2,480 now wtf!

The total at the deadline was 2,477 people. I highly doubt I'll make it with 41 but you never know.

EDIT: It's jumped to 2,480 now wtf!

Probably takes the system a few minutes to refresh and update the total.

Top 10k average was 41.5 so you might just make the cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Are there any other cups out there that are open for entry?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Oh just got in before the deadline. Thanks for heads up.

AdMMM wrote: »
    Are there any other cups out there that are open for entry?

FFS do a second open entry cup after Xmas sometime, while the have a members cup too.

Not sure of any other ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,906 ✭✭✭✭CSF

When do we find out who made the cut?

When do we find out who made the cut?

Article says first round draw is Wednesday afternoon so guessing it will be shortly after that.

• Advertisement

jimmii wrote: »
    Article says first round draw is Wednesday afternoon so guessing it will be shortly after that.

Damn, I just want them to put me out of my misery!

Advertisement