Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday

Options
  • 28-11-2014 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Feel like the national hunt season is getting off to a proper start tomorrow. No idea what I will be doing in the big race of the day, but in the first race of the day at Fairyhouse, I will be all over the unexposed Noble Emperor, a horse I saw twice last year, romping home both times before it was wrapped up and put away for the next season. Thought its form has been franked a little be the subsequent success of Drumacoo, which has gone on to do good things. It trounced that last time it was out over hurdles, so if it can translate that kind of form to chases, then we might see something special tomorrow. Only Powers out with a price so far (11/2) which I think is generous enough. Rule The World probably the rightful favourite given what it has done over fences, but I don't see why Adriana Des Mottes should be given second favourite over Tony Martin's charge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

Feel like the national hunt season is getting off to a proper start tomorrow. No idea what I will be doing in the big race of the day, but in the first race of the day at Fairyhouse, I will be all over the unexposed Noble Emperor, a horse I saw twice last year, romping home both times before it was wrapped up and put away for the next season. Thought its form has been franked a little be the subsequent success of Drumacoo, which has gone on to do good things. It trounced that last time it was out over hurdles, so if it can translate that kind of form to chases, then we might see something special tomorrow. Only Powers out with a price so far (11/2) which I think is generous enough. Rule The World probably the rightful favourite given what it has done over fences, but I don't see why Adriana Des Mottes should be given second favourite over Tony Martin's charge

What do you do of he drifts like a barge?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Notice the first race at Bangor is a match between a McCain horse and a Curtis horse. McCain closed his yard down last week because his horses were wrong but PP have got his horse at 1-3.

Worth taking on surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

What do you do of he drifts like a barge?
    Going to hang on for awhile and see what other prices are being offered before I take anything. 11/2 was a bit higher than I expected though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Newcastle 14:40
    Indian Castle has a attracted support on his last few runs, favorite for the Kim Muir and only an 8/1 shot for the Paddy Power. Has his sights lowered today and I feel the return to 3m should help and hopefully the cheekpieces have the desired effect. Showed up well for a long way in the Paddy Power but ultimately faded, today should be more to his liking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I wonder can anyone spot a horse running at Wolv tomorrow evening that looks like such a plot waiting to happen that a blind man can see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

I wonder can anyone spot a horse running at Wolv tomorrow evening that looks like such a plot waiting to happen that a blind man can see it

Would it be running in the 6-45 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭BQQ

Notice the first race at Bangor is a match between a McCain horse and a Curtis horse. McCain closed his yard down last week because his horses were wrong but PP have got his horse at 1-3.

Worth taking on surely?

Race is named after McCain's dad.
    He's probably aiming a decent one at it.

Even if it runs below par, it might be good enough anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

i must be blind pleazse tell

hawkhead wrote: »
    Would it be running in the 6-45 ?
    That's the one that stood out to me, usual suspects involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

Walsh on the Morning Line , as endearing as ever,,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Ah Jesus what's the plot ?

This Fúckin page took 3 minutes to load so I've no chance on racing post.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Not sure whether I trust AP on More Of That. Too short for my liking, but struggling to get it beat. LAC FONTANA?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

what s your advice people ,here s what i m thinking based on yesterday okay,over 200 days off the track won at 16 s for nicky richard s ,out of kings threatre ,the similarities resemble a horse in the hennessey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

chipsdave wrote: »

I thought he was going to come to blows with that bookmaker guest before they cut if off.

Did you hear what he said about Djakadam i missed that part?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

chipsdave wrote: »

a charming individual, don't see him winning the Hennessy today, think Russell is ideal partner for the Druids Nephew and fancy him to go close

nice card at Fairyhouse, interesting to see how the latest Ricci flying machine goes, Long Dog, hasn't been seen since winning a maiden for Andy Oliver last year

hard to beat experience in these maidens so would fancy Fine article to beat it having had the run over hurdles

Think Dushremembrandt will take some beating in the 1:20 at Newbury. At distant second last time out despite running a horrible race. Fancied by connections to do well, the fact they're giving it another run out in a relatively short period of time suggests the horse is stil fighting fit. 6/1 a fair price, can see it come in a little as we get close to post time.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

tomaussie wrote: »
    Ah Jesus what's the plot ?

This Fúckin page took 3 minutes to load so I've no chance on racing post.

Same here. What's the secret?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Think Dushremembrandt will take some beating in the 1:20 at Newbury. At distant second last time out despite running a horrible race. Fancied by connections to do well, the fact they're giving it another run out in a relatively short period of time suggests the horse is stil fighting fit. 6/1 a fair price, can see it come in a little as we get close to post time.

Fine Article is fancied alright, Mullins one being backed.

Was 4th in a **** hot bumper in Punchestown last April, beaten 8L's and in front of him that day was, Shaneshill, Silver Concorde and Value At Risk while behind him were the likes of Killultagh Vic (won a MH NTO @ 1/4) , Jollyallan (won a C3 NH last Thursday in Newbury @ 1/8) and tailed off were Black Hercules and Aminabad who have won there MH this season also. That was some race and form is rock solid. Fine Article was beaten 2L's on his MH debut at the start of the month by Killer Crow.

Match between the top two in the market but Revira Sun was 11ls behind Fine Article and is a massive 25/1 in this race also today. Drifting like a barge.

shmeee wrote: »
    Match between the top two in the market but Revira Sun was 11ls behind Fine Article and is a massive 25/1 in this race also today. Drifting like a barge.
    Riviera Sun needs better ground, in my opinion. Watched it on its first race at Naas and it just hated the going (which was definitely soft).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Quoted wrong post above !

• Advertisement

Held up most of the way around and not asked for any real effort. Looked to be out for the run to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Backed the druids nephew and monbeg dude in the hennessy, dont normally back 2 horses in the same race, but i backed the dude last time out, so hoping he can go 1 better

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Treat Yourself in the 12.25 at Fairyhouse, trip and ground should suit and has a very light weight. Worth an e/w bet at 10/1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Mocha Joe wrote: »
    Same here. What's the secret?

Anyone?

Worth taking on surely?

Very unlucky there, Curtis' horse threw the race away by jumping miles to the right every time, before falling at the last when still in front.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭billy_beckham

sonnky wrote: »
    Very unlucky there, Curtis' horse threw the race away by jumping miles to the right every time, before falling at the last when still in front.

Jockey jumped off!

First Warning is 100/1 for the next race at Fairyhouse. Interesting that David Casey rides this one for McNamara rather than riding the Mullins trained favorite. Worth a place bet and I'll try a forecast with Fine Article.

Christ I hate backing Danny Mullins.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Home Run surely in the 150 getting a stone off the fav with Pipe in good form. 5/1

Did RFC with Silsol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

Shemale wrote: »
    Home Run surely in the 150 getting a stone off the fav with Pipe in good form. 5/1

Did RFC with Silsol
    ...Very unlucky...Homerun just couldn't keep it going...Hope you at least had Silsol on its own...

Advertisement