Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA League Cup 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    I believed in you

Sorry :(

Unless Chambers scores an o.g. and gets sent off and Costa also gets his marching orders I'm out. I would have loved to progress to the last eight but it just wasn't to be. It's even more hard to take when my opponent beats me with just 10 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Congratulations. Yours were the differentials to have today.

We will battle again.

The lads are delighted to have taken a big scalp.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm laptopless so results and draw won't be tonight (unless someone else wants to calculate results), draw will be Wednesday night unless I can find a free bit of time in work (of course that's significantly more likely or even probable if the results are compiled elsewhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

4th Round Draw

Richieffff (63443) 54 vs Arnold Tanzarian (56508) 58
    AdMMM (1027618) 56 vs TaytoCrisps (327) 66
    Lemlin (3266)72 vs FHFC (4695) 57
    Deadlineday(129319)60 vs Steven81(17038) 74
    HighClass (170672)77 vs Easy Rod (259541) 36
    dathijjj(19044)58 vs Iused2likebusts (4350)67
    Gucci (2152318)69 vs Zarquon(29492) 71
    Sanket (53098) 78vs Jebforever (3095)69
    Had a bit of time on my hands

Had a bit of time on my hands
    Great, I'll do the draw for the last 8 right now

• Advertisement

Quarter Final Draw
    Sanket vs Arnold Tanzarian
    HighClass vs Iused2likebusts
    Lemlin vs TaytoCrisps
    Zarquon vs Steven81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Well not going to be much between me and Zarquon, similar enough teams.

Steven81 wrote: »
    Well not going to be much between me and Zarquon, similar enough teams.
    When I saw this post, I went into the worst panic thinking I'd forgotten to do the draw.

The fear, ladies and gentlemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Will be out 94-83. Costa, Fab and JT got you off to a great start.

Think I've beaten TaytoCrisps. My 81 to his 78.

• Advertisement

Sanket 62 Arnold Tanzarian 79
    HighClass 73 Iused2likebusts 69
    Lemlin 81 TaytoCrisps 78
    Zarquon 94 Steven81 83

Hard luck to everyone going out at the quarter final stage. Especially Steven81 who managed to get the 2nd highest score of the 8 but unfortunately ran into Zarquon who got the highest score of the 8.

But now onto the really important stuff. Semi-final team.

Prize pool (which admittedly I should have posted earlier but I've had 1 or 2 issues with a mislaid Applegreen voucher that I'm gonna have to replace for the Premier League prize) is as follows

1st place: 25 euro Topaz voucher and 25 euro One4all voucher (kindly provided by finnharpsboy)
    2nd place: 25 euro One4all voucher (as above)
    3rd place: 20 euro voucher for www.ruaboutique.ie (kindly provided by jimmii)

Naturally, the 2 semifinal losers will play out for the 20 euro voucher at the same time as the final

The draw for the semi-finals is as follows
    Lemlin (3266) vs Arnold Tanzarian (56508)
    Zarquon (29492) vs HighClass (170672)

Best of luck everyone.

Jesus Christ that font.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin (3266) vs Arnold Tanzarian (56508)

Dream come true for somebody. Be gentle Lemlin. Be gentle.

FHFC wrote: »
    Dream come true for somebody. Be gentle Lemlin. Be gentle.

There's something of monetary value on offer and I'm a Cavan man - I can't make any promises!

My game is going to the wire. Arnold leads 37 to my 31. I need Bony and Naylor to get me seven points to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin (3266) 33 vs Arnold Tanzarian (56508) 37
    Zarquon (29492) 46 vs HighClass (170672) 41

Up against Arnold in the final :)

zarquon wrote: »
    Lemlin (3266) 33 vs Arnold Tanzarian (56508) 37
    Zarquon (29492) 46 vs HighClass (170672) 41

Up against Arnold in the final :)

Congrats, Lemlin vs HighClass for 3rd

You're Premier League, right zarquon?

Congrats, Lemlin vs HighClass for 3rd

You're Premier League, right zarquon?

Yep, 3rd in the PL

Yep, 3rd in the PL

David goes in for another Goliath so, I'll be following this one closely!!!

Just noticed Arnold Tanzarian is banned. What happens if he is unable to claim his prize due to inactivity on his account?

• Advertisement

Just noticed Arnold Tanzarian is banned. What happens if he is unable to claim his prize due to inactivity on his account?

I actually don't know.

Open to majority rule on how to deal with this one

The guy has PMed me from his new account to clarify that it's him.

Obviously if he was to qualify for League 2 from the Qualifying League this year he wouldn't be eligible, but I'm open to suggestion on whether the other username should be contacted in relation to a prize on this, seeing as I had never made any clear allowances for such an occurrence.

I actually don't know.

Open to majority rule on how to deal with this one

The guy has PMed me from his new account to clarify that it's him.

Obviously if he was to qualify for League 2 from the Qualifying League this year he wouldn't be eligible, but I'm open to suggestion on whether the other username should be contacted in relation to a prize on this, seeing as I had never made any clear allowances for such an occurrence.

Fair enough but if he has another account then that's a re-reg while banned and breaches boards policy. Technically he should not be allowed access to FSA either.

To be fair though he did get to the final fair and square though due to his FPL exploits so it's a tricky one.

Fair enough but if he has another account then that's a re-reg while banned and breaches boards policy. Technically he should not be allowed access to FSA either.

Interesting, not really aware of all those rules myself.

I'll neglect to post his new username so for his own sake!!!

He's got this far so I say just proceed. It's too late to change it now.

In future though, I really do think competitions like this should have an original sign up where people register their interest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,275 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Interesting, not really aware of all those rules myself.

I'll neglect to post his new username so for his own sake!!!
    //MOD

Then let me make it perfectly clear; ANYONE who creates another account, or log in on another account to post in a forum they are banned from or the site if site banned is permanently banned from boards.ie . This is a site wide policy.

//MOD

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's got this far so I say just proceed. It's too late to change it now.

In future though, I really do think competitions like this should have an original sign up where people register their interest.
    This is done at the start of the season though, everyone has to sign up for the league in thread. Guys who had qualified who were banned were not permitted to enter as they were unable to post their entry. The same will apply next year to members of the league, who won't be able to post their entry without posting privileges. The League Cup comes under that same entry.

It isn't feasible for me to check every single username to check if they've received a ban since the competition started, but now that it has been drawn to my attention and a mod has been very clear, obviously I'm not going to be contacting reregs to arrange the posting of prizes.

Regardless of the winner of the competition, zarquon will get the first prize and 2nd prize will go the winner of the 3rd/4th place playoff, and the loser will get the 3rd prize.

I hope that can draw a line under it and we can proceed with the 2 matches without souring what has still been an enjoyable competition (barring a certain match with a certain sanket)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

I hadn't spotted this thread till now ! Gutted I went out in the quaters by 3 points . It was a good run all the same

In a hilarious (if you're the kind of guy who finds car crashes funny) turn of events the guy who Lemlin is against has also closed his account (in this case it appears to be of his own doing which begs the question why he signed up to participate in League 1 in the first place) and won't be contactable to collect his prize.

2nd prize is therefore Lemlin's regardless of if he finishes 3rd or 4th, and the 3rd prize will go to the highest scoring of the 4 guys who were eliminated in the quarter finals.

For future reference, if you're going to create a situation where you won't be available to collect prizes, please have the decency to be crap enough that you won't qualify for one and save me the headache.

None of this would have happened if I'd beaten Sanket.

In a hilarious (if you're the kind of guy who finds car crashes funny) turn of events the guy who Lemlin is against has also closed his account (in this case it appears to be of his own doing which begs the question why he signed up to participate in League 1 in the first place) and won't be contactable to collect his prize.

2nd prize is therefore Lemlin's regardless of if he finishes 3rd or 4th, and the 3rd prize will go to the highest scoring of the 4 guys who were eliminated in the quarter finals.

For future reference, if you're going to create a situation where you won't be available to collect prizes, please have the decency to be crap enough that you won't qualify for one and save me the headache.

None of this would have happened if I'd beaten Sanket.

So I get a €25 One4All voucher? Sounds good to me!

I wasn't having a go above by the way. I, and I'm sure everyone else, appreciates the amount of work you put into the different competitions.

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    So I get a €25 One4All voucher? Sounds good to me!

I wasn't having a go above by the way. I, and I'm sure everyone else, appreciates the amount of work you put into the different competitions.
    Cheers, and yeah I know you weren't having a go. I believe 2nd prize is a 25 euro One4All voucher alright, I posted it a few pages back but my memory now fails me.

Advertisement