Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast £19.99 @ Amazon.co.uk

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

aaf wrote: »
    I missed this deal on black Friday. I've also missed it at €29 @ pcworld.ie. Seems to be creeping up by £1 every few days on amazon and it's back to €39 in pcworld. Any idea where I can get it cheaper? Hoping to buy 5 of them for Xmas presents

Dixons airport (if you know anyone working in the airport or passing through...) I think they're €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

popcorn time from your phone to chrome cast = nice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Plex works on the Chromecast also you know that . We have 2 Nowtv TV boxes and 1 chromecast and got the 3 months deal on NowTv . We actually get way more use out of the chromecast and find it much better for everyday use.
    Nowtv is great but more aimed at live TV than the chromecast
    Will be ordering another one at this price

I got one a while back, as i heard you can watch youtube on yer telly & is it good for football, but at the moment it's not recognising it on the wi-fi?
    & this is probably not the thread to talk about it

Btw what does plex do for it?

Thanks, completely confused in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Btw what does plex do for it?

See here
    Plex essentially sits on your pc or laptop and acts as a media server to your clients (chromecast being one option) You need to have the PC turned on and also all your media (movies TV shows music etc) stored on that PC to be able to serve it out to the clients

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭ted1

For some reason all cast isn't picking up this one.

It sees apple Tv but not chrome cast. Also the chrome cast app sees the unit but if I select backdrop it can't see the unit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Cheers, just went for it (along with some other junk to bring the order to £25!)

7Z3qXhM.png

For some reason Amazon sent my items individually.
    The funny thing is they sent the Chromecast out normal post and sent me a tracking number for the goblin and the book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

The funny thing is they sent the Chromecast out normal post and sent me a tracking number for the goblin and the book!

Different warehouses by the looks of it.

Afaik, i dont think they charge for separate P+P, from previous experience.
    See here
    Plex essentially sits on your pc or laptop and acts as a media server to your clients (chromecast being one option) You need to have the PC turned on and also all your media (movies TV shows music etc) stored on that PC to be able to serve it out to the clients

Sounds great, as at the moment i have a 4port usb hub in the tv, for films & tv, but this would be probably a lot handier as you still have to fill them up every 2 days!

Are there a few others like this, i heard about XMBC as well, but Plex is one i've heard a lot.

But at the moment i've gotta get the chromecast to be recognised on the wifi.

What other tips are with chromecast, thanks, as there wasn't a lot of detail in the box!

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

Afaik, i dont think they charge for separate P+P, from previous experience.

Sounds great, as at the moment i have a 4port usb hub in the tv, for films & tv, but this would be probably a lot handier as you still have to fill them up every 2 days!

Are there a few others like this, i heard about XMBC as well, but Plex is one i've heard a lot.

But at the moment i've gotta get the chromecast to be recognised on the wifi.

What other tips are with chromecast, thanks, as there wasn't a lot of detail in the box!

Thanks.

Surprisingly the first hit on safari (who would have known rather than clogging a bargains thread)
    http://uk.pcmag.com/media-hubs-receivers-products/35202/gallery/7-things-you-didnt-know-your-chromecast-could-do

Crumbs868 wrote: »
    Surprisingly the first hit on safari (who would have known rather than clogging a bargains thread)
    http://uk.pcmag.com/media-hubs-receivers-products/35202/gallery/7-things-you-didnt-know-your-chromecast-could-do

Thanks for the tip as I use firefox.
    That's why i asked in my first post, it's probably not the thread to talk about it, as it's a bargains thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

There's a £15 voucher to spend on movies in Google Play, when you check for offers via the Chromecast. Think you need a UK Google Wallet account however.

Dman001 wrote: »
    There's a £15 voucher to spend on movies in Google Play, when you check for offers via the Chromecast. Think you need a UK Google Wallet account however.

Do not try to switch/spoof just to get this. They will lock you out of your wallet account if spotted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Do not try to switch/spoof just to get this. They will lock you out of your wallet account if spotted.

Why ? Its a UK based product !!

tharmor wrote: »
    Why ? Its a UK based product !!

If you change your account settings to redeem a voucher from another country they will lock your wallet account (don't ask me how I know). Play vouchers are only valid for residents of the country they were issued in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

If you change your account settings to redeem a voucher from another country they will lock your wallet account (don't ask me how I know). Play vouchers are only valid for residents of the country they were issued in.
    Always handy to have a separate UK Google account set up. I have used it to purchase Nexus 4 and also I got the NowTV 3 months free offer with it using my Amazon.co.uk purchased Chromecast
    I could potentially use the £15 with that account but the offer is not showing on my Chromecast.

You can check for offers here - https://cast.google.com/chromecast/offers/

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6008836?hl=en-GB

Ireland:
    Google Play: Buy Chromecast and enjoy unlimited music from Google Play Music All Access free for 90 days.

Advertisement