Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Year Biker - Halosmart treatment

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

M450 wrote: »
    And it looks like a really good clean they do before coating it, like a once a year showroom quality clean

In fairness when I am finished my bike when I give it the full Monty of clean polish wax and coat of ACF50 it looks brand new and all for the price of a packet of Jaffa cakes and the can of acf50. And one hour labour....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In fairness when I am finished my bike when I give it the full Monty of clean polish wax and coat of ACF50 it looks brand new and all for the price of a packet of Jaffa cakes and the can of acf50. And one hour labour....

Fair dues but I haven't got the patience to do that lol and I don't mind throwing £60 at the bike if it helps her look good for my trip. Organising one session for Galway as part of my trip, will have a card out when we do the day :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

Im gonna head out to my bike for an hour or three on Sunday with my steamer and a few rags. Gonna see how well the steamer tackles the current state of my rear sprocket and chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Maybe it's because I am a contractor, but I always weigh up how much my time would 'cost' for me to do a particular job. I also take into consideration how good a job I am likely to make of it, compared to someone that does it for a living. Added to this is the fact that I am, generally, pretty lazy. So, when I take my hourly rate into consideration, along with the fact that I don't take any real enjoyment from cleaning my bike thoroughly and the all year biker guys do a really, really good job, it makes a lot of sense to me to get them to do it. They charge less than I would charge, they do a much better job than I would do, and, more importantly, I don't want to do it.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Hahaha summed up perfectly MrPudding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

Lads, where would I get a can of ACF?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I ordered mine from motorcycleshop.ie

Quite a few places do it. Try Nipppy Normans. He is doing free postage this weekend, though admittedly I don't know if that covers Ireland.

MrP

Cotters have ACF50, Crossans up north and I am sure Bikeworld have it. I also seen some in RPM in Drogheda all bricks and mortar stores.

MrPudding wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I am a contractor, but I always weigh up how much my time would 'cost' for me to do a particular job. I also take into consideration how good a job I am likely to make of it, compared to someone that does it for a living. Added to this is the fact that I am, generally, pretty lazy. So, when I take my hourly rate into consideration, along with the fact that I don't take any real enjoyment from cleaning my bike thoroughly and the all year biker guys do a really, really good job, it makes a lot of sense to me to get them to do it. They charge less than I would charge, they do a much better job than I would do, and, more importantly, I don't want to do it.

MrP

Well put fair play you expensive lazy contractor!!!! LMAO.

But if its a choice of looking after my own bike and making it look and perform well or listen to a one year old teething in my ear I will clean the bike with a cotton bud!!!!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Well put fair play you expensive lazy contractor!!!! LMAO.
    You said it. My other half is, admittedly, getting tired of my 'it would be cheaper to get someone in to do it' line, anytime she asks me to do something. :D
    But if its a choice of looking after my own bike and making it look and perform well or listen to a one year old teething in my ear I will clean the bike with a cotton bud!!!!

:D:D:D
    Fair enough! In fairness, I would love to be able to do more of the mechanical and maybe electrical stuff myself, I would actually enjoy that, but I haven't got a clue. I need new front pads soon, and I would like to fit them myself, but I haven't the first clue how, though I suspect it is relatively simple, and I would be slightly concerned that I might not do it correctly.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I am hoping to get a session done in Galway. Spoken in detail with them and trying to sort a venue, hoping that E's will allow their covered yard to do. Hope to have more details soon :cool:

Mesrine65 wrote: »

Immediately after my post yesterday a bought a Haynes manual to my bike. Going to change the pads myself.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

MrPudding wrote: »
    Immediately after my post yesterday a bought a Haynes manual to my bike. Going to change the pads myself.

MrP
    Good on you, onwards & upwards ;)

Good man, take your time and if you really unsure get the mobile and record the way the caliper comes apart so you will have it for reference. Also mind the spring clips.....

All Year Biker NI are doing a cleaning/sealing event at E Motorcycles in Galway, Feb 20/21. Places limited to 20 bikes

See https://www.facebook.com/events/1571798273031722/ for more details

Im booked i nfor the 21st. If anyone else is going then let me know and we can take a spin over.

Just switched to a Dublin venue for the 31st January. Option will be available on the the dudes website at half 3 today to book in

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

goodlad wrote: »
    Just switched to a Dublin venue for the 31st January. Option will be available on the the dudes website at half 3 today to book in
    Ah I'll be away for NYE!

• Advertisement

M450 wrote: »
    Ah I'll be away for NYE!

Thats a long holiday you are taking :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Plopli

I got Brian (Motorcycle valeting Dublin) to do the Bandit last week-end and he did a very good job of it.
    Bike is cleaner that it has ever been in the 3 years I've had it :D
    Let's hope that the ACF will prevent it from rotting even more.

Had it done today. Cannot recommend Jonny highly enough.

Before
    10999108_810365299000356_9014758875372340056_n.jpg?oh=eaaa7ae35d3b2668d1b1bc91921e2d42&oe=5588D2E6&__gda__=1431857007_62380b357783cd547d041607115fd431

After
    10801711_810499608986925_5378918723651926253_n.jpg?oh=8b4c212698b4dd520f261ac6c3710484&oe=554DA582

Advertisement