Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players Championship Finals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Some finish to the lewis caven game. Caven gave a great account of himself and nearly took out the 167 to win it 10-8. Lewis over the past few years spends to.much time sucking up to the crowd and making facial expressions. Needs to focus on his darts.

Newton Jenkins now, hard to get excited about this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

Jenkins v Newton match is now available from your gp as a cure for insomnia.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The semi final is pretty much a bye for Anderson or Taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Get in there Anderson!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

What are the chances Anderson has about 50 missed doubles against VDV and somehow contrives to lose?

Would love to see him push on and win a few big ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

its his to loose now but he is very good at that lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Good final this, hope Gary can hold out, he looked rattled when Lewis hit a purple patch there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Cracking final so far. Anderson smiles and jokes but behind that he looks very determined. Hope he wins but wouldn't begrudge Lewis either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely delighted for Anderson. Smashing player.

Oh Gary Gary, Gary Gary Gary Gary Anderson!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

About time Anderson put it together and got back in the winners circle.
    Was exceptional all tournament and fully deserved it doing it the hard way with that draw.
    Delighted for him.

Good to see Lewis playing well again also.

Worlds is going to be savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭leoch

i missed the Taylor anderson game how did taylor take getting beat ,great final great to see gary win and lewis back to a bit of form ,,it was a brilliant tournament to watch cavin vdv jenkins to name but a few playing very well roll on the worlds and i say it again the itv4 coverage is brilliant with mason and warrinor etc and not the usual sky and mardle repetitive sh1t

leoch wrote: »
    i missed the Taylor anderson game how did taylor take getting beat ,great final great to see gary win and lewis back to a bit of form ,,it was a brilliant tournament to watch cavin vdv jenkins to name but a few playing very well roll on the worlds and i say it again the itv4 coverage is brilliant with mason and warrinor etc and not the usual sky and mardle repetitive sh1t

Taylor was gracious in defeat. Applauded Anderson and if I remember correctly, raised his arm aloft to the crowd. It was a high quality match and Taylor was beaten by a better player on the day which he acknowledged.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 siasy

delighted for Anderson - great player.

lining up to be some World Championships - with Anderson and Lewis hitting form at the right time -
    and recent top performances by Wade, Taylor, Van Gerwan, Chizzy, Mervyn King, Kim Hybrechts, Terry Jenkins, Bunting - and others coming into form include VDV, Wes Newton, and glimpses by Whitlock, Dolan, Barney winning the PL - would need to re-find that form somewhere, and Peter Wright has done little on the big stage wince the PL, but you never know... 17 days to the World Championships.

Advertisement