Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Nutritious fish recipes

Options
  • 24-11-2014 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a quick, nutritious fish recipe? I eat salmon twice a week, but am getting really bored of it. I usually grill it on the george foreman and then stiry fry some vegetables in soy sauce. This is getting really bland and am starting to not enjoy the taste of salmon any more.

Any easy, healthy sauces or recipes for fish would be mucho appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm not a massive cooker of fish even though I like it well enough, but super valu do packets of mixed fish you could grill or fry, that would stop it being bland anyway. Salmon was in there and a few other types

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Grill the salmon. Then when it's just shy of being done, spread cottage cheese on top and sprinkle breadcrumbs on it. Back under the grill for a minute or two to crisp the breadcrumbs and win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Grill the salmon. Then when it's just shy of being done, spread cottage cheese on top and sprinkle breadcrumbs on it. Back under the grill for a minute or two to crisp the breadcrumbs and win.

Oooh Thats sounds lovely. What vegetables would you normally have with that? Just trying to get some ideas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,554 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

panda100 wrote: »
    Oooh Thats sounds lovely. What vegetables would you normally have with that? Just trying to get some ideas :)

I'm a veg whóre so anything really.

Ifg it was this evening, it would probably be sprouts 'cause I have a big bag of 'em ready to be eaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

I cook salmon in the oven for 15 mins wrapped in tinfoil! My boyfriend has put Philadelphia and breadcrumbs on it before & it's so good! If you get the different flavours of Philadelphia like the veggie or garlic & herb it's good for a change!

In a restaurant one night I had salmon with crushed nuts on top. So at home we brushed the salmon with some oil then sprinkled crushed walnuts and a tiny bit of cinnamon on top, so good! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭uberalex

Salmon en papillote

Put salmon, butter/oil, basil leave/other herbs, thin sliced tomato/cucumber/asparagus/carrot onto a piece of parchment paper or foil. Fold the paper/foil over, scrunch and roll the edges to seal it tight, and then cook for 12-14 mins in a 220C oven.

Salmon burgers

Chop/mash up salmon, mix with breadcrumbs, an egg, dill and mustard. Grill.

Salmon Omelette

Chop salmon, saute, add to eggs whisked with milk/water. Add herbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Crispy skin salmon

A small bit of oil in the pan, get it really hot. Salmon in skin side down, and cover with a lid or like me use a sheet of tinfoil.
    Cook salmon for 4-5 minutes without turning. The opaque colouring should be almost all the way to top. Flip over and cook far side for 30s-1min.
    Usually have this with cauliflower puree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

In late July/August get your hands on fresh mackerel, fry in butter gently. Serve with a salad.

Steam mussels for a few minutes in white wine and garlic.

Fresh squid cut into rings and gently fried.

The fresher you can get your fish the better. Simply the cooking the better imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Hi guys, Just to let you know I cooked the salmon and put philadelphia with chives over it. It was flipping delicious. However, I just can't keep Philadelphia in the house as I have no self restraint and will just eat the whole tub!

So yesterday I made my own sauce. I used a dollop of Fage yoghurt with fresh mint and chives. It was equally delicious and a little bit more healthier than the Philadelphia. Thanks for all the ideas though, i never would have thought of that without the suggestions on here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Kerryite

Another vote for salmon wrapped in tinfoil! I spray olive oil on tinfoil, put on the salmon, some more olive oil and then some ground salt and pepper - in the oven for 15-20 minutes and it's delicious!

I eat salmon most weeks and prefer it to other fish; although I usually get fish if I'm eating out. It's lovely to get nice cooked fish in restaurants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement