Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fight Night 57: Edgar v Swanson

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

ASOT wrote: »
    Iv met him a few times and he was nothing but nice in person, mainly why I have a soft spot for him. Sound lad when he's on the beer to. Most likely the only person in Ireland who likes him:pax:

Some of his comments are pretty scummy. I've no issue with slagging off other fighters, although calling out a guy 3 divisions below you is a bit sad. But he's repeated taking shots at Ireland in general. "I've more money than the whole of ireland" - whilst talking about getting arrested 30-50 times for fighting and dealing drugs. Stay classy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Lads if you've "google now" on your phone get rid of it.

I recorded the event last night and without me even doing anything it popped up on my phone this morning that Edgar beat Swanson

• Registered Users Posts: 39,038 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Lads if you've "google now" on your phone get rid of it.

I recorded the event last night and without me even doing anything it popped up on my phone this morning that Edgar beat Swanson

You have alerts turned on for that app. Just turn them off.
    You probably want to have them off for any MMAJunkie news app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

Why would he? Be nice for him to show he can wrestle, but if finished Siver and Edgar/Mendes/Lamas there would be no denying him the shot

okay bad choice of words, theres obviously no requirement that he prove he can grapple, I Just would like to see how he would get on against a grappler, and I think it would be an amazing fight

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I get alerts from MMAjunkie the odd time but they have never had any spoilers in them, usually just announcing title shots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Google Now bases the stuff it shows you on a lot of things. One of these is the websites you visit. If you visit MMA websites, it'll serve you news from similar sites. Whether you have notifications from a particular site switched on or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Mellor wrote: »
    Some of his comments are pretty scummy. I've no issue with slagging off other fighters, although calling out a guy 3 divisions below you is a bit sad. But he's repeated taking shots at Ireland in general. "I've more money than the whole of ireland" - whilst talking about getting arrested 30-50 times for fighting and dealing drugs. Stay classy.
    Yeah I know what he said etc but he left a good impression on me anytime iv met him, maybe hes just an idiot, but was more than sound in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,488 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

7:57 for the kid asking Luke what it's like to be in Ireland when nobody likes him :pac:

sheehy83 wrote: »
    7:57 for the kid asking Luke what it's like to be in Ireland when nobody likes him :pac:

I have that recorded myself on my camera it was hilarious, id say if he could take back any comments he said he would. Seemed to try clear the air with all the Irish fighters after the Dublin event, obviously people were alot nicer to him than he expected haha

• Registered Users Posts: 23,828 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

gotta be frankie v aldo again after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

anyone else think edger v mcgegor would be a great fight

Edgar is all wrong for Conor. He's the one guy I would avoid if I was him,

T-K-O wrote: »

same as that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

T-K-O wrote: »

He probably will avoid him. I'd imagine once McGregor either takes the belt or loses in the FW division he'll move up straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would love to see Conor v Frankie.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would love to see Conor v Frankie.

So would i but i dont think it would end well for Conor. Catch 22 :pac:

So would i but i dont think it would end well for Conor. Catch 22 :pac:

that would be Conor's problem not ours, we could just sit back and enjoy the fight :D

that would be Conor's problem not ours, we could just sit back and enjoy the fight :D

It one of those fights were I want both fighters to win, seems to be happening alot lately!! Johnson v Gus, Kelvin v Woodly, Diaz v Dos Anjos, Lawler v Big Rig :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I have that recorded myself on my camera it was hilarious, id say if he could take back any comments he said he would. Seemed to try clear the air with all the Irish fighters after the Dublin event, obviously people were alot nicer to him than he expected haha

Heard him last week on a podcast saying that Irish people only support McGregor so much because we have nothing else to be proud of. Ironically then saying we don't have rugby stars like the English do (nobody told him who the six nations champions are obviously).

He also said that he hates McGregor because he tried to make friends with him in Dublin but McGregor just walked past him :pac:

I think it's the MMA Roasted podcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭burkey85

Missed the fight the weekend, whats the best site to watch it on?

I use <mod snip> , registration isnt always open so you may not be able to sign up. They usually have every event up from every promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I use <mod snip> , registration isnt always open so you may not be able to sign up. They usually have every event up from every promotion.

Don't post links for illegal streams/videos.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Don't post links for illegal streams/videos.

Its a grey area so I taught it would be allowed, no bother!

burkey85 wrote: »
    Missed the fight the weekend, whats the best site to watch it on?

messaged you there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Edgar was good but i think Swanson has regressed.

califano wrote: »
    Edgar was good but i think Swanson has regressed.

He's been well beaten by the top guys in the division
    Think that's as good as he is myself and has just looked good beating guys barely in top ten in the div

Does look like there's a gulf in class between Aldo mendes Conor frankie and maybe lamas and the rest of the div

Advertisement