Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas 2014 Group Buy

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CarlLedge

Anyone tried theirs yet? I still have some beans to go through before opening mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Thanks Adrian collected mine and Mr Magnolia's today. Nice to meet you and thanks again for arranging this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

CarlLedge wrote: »
    Anyone tried theirs yet? I still have some beans to go through before opening mine.

Tried the Nutcracker, very impressed with it though it took me 2 go's to get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

Collected today, looking forward to working my way through the coffee over Christmas. Thanks again Adrian!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭James_R

The Kenyan should come with a warning sticker on it, nearly killed me Iberital MC2 grinder!! Dense little bullets, juicey though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Haven't tried it yet, still going through the nutcracker and the espresso blend...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've tried the Monte Copey and the Kabingara so far and they're both totally devoid of any notable life or flavour to me. I don't know if the rest of you have found them to be decent, I'm interested in opinions but as I say, they're doing nothing for me so far. Perhaps they traveled in an unpressurized part of a plane or perhaps they're just passed their best...

Thanks again sincerely Adrian and to raytaxi who was good enough to pick mine up for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Kabingara PB tastes very similar to the Kiri PB I got from 3FE (Hasbean) a few weeks ago. Mostly a flavour of tomato soup, but I don't think I have a palette either as sensitive or as optimistic as label writers :p

I''ve only tasted the nutcracker and the silent shout espresso blend so far.

There's been no problem with either so far, I've particularly enjoyed the nutcracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Merry Christmas lovely coffee people!

Cheers Adrian for orchestrating this and special props for coming to 3FE to drop it off.

I have tried the Costa Rica Barrantes on the Aeropress and it is smooth and sweet, very nice. Will try the Kenya peaberry today, and maybe cup them together to compare properly.

€15 for 2 bags of quality coffee, that is very good value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭donnacha

Went through the silent shout espresso in the days leading up to xmas - for me it was a bit of a disappointing blend - it didn't stand out as an espresso and was lost in any milk. Still was a bargain 500g bag and I'm glad I tried it. As a comparison I was completely blown away by the coffeeangel xmas blend (Sú Nollag) - Karl had warned me it was a bit of a darker roast but to be honest I thought it was done to perfection - I'll be buying more of it if its still in stock next week.

Had my first chemex of the La Lia (Washed Caturra from Costa Rica) this morning. Thought it was very tasty and will try it out in the french press and aeropress in the coming days.

Advertisement