Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Trees 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

n1st wrote: »
    Someone is selling them in Parkmore behind the racecourse somewhere, very badly signposted whoever they are, I couldn't find them this morning.

It's in the stables off racecourse ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭tmh106

n1st wrote: »
    Coillte don't seem to be selling this year.

Someone is selling them in Parkmore behind the racecourse somewhere, very badly signposted whoever they are, I couldn't find them this morning.

Follow the signs for the Park and Ride facility at the racecourse. For the Christmas trees, once you enter the racecourse road take the first left into the stables (there are a small number of car parking spaces there) i.e. don't continue on to the Park and Ride area.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I'd highly recommend Meadow Farm Christmas tree farm near Athenry, about 3 miles out the Esker road.
    I went out there this morning. Warm welcomes from the owners along with little cakes and buns! We were then told we could take a red ribbon and go out into the field and choose our own tree, and then find a man with a chainsaw to cut it down for us! Super service. I paid €35 for a very impressive 7' tree which I saw being cut from the ground myself.
    Highly recommended.

http://galwaychristmastrees.ie/contact/
    Never heard of this crowd before you posted this but went out there after I read it and it's a great facility. I'd recommend it also.

Their prices are €35 for a 7' tree, €40 for an 8' and €50 for anything taller.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

Got mine in the end at the Christmas Shop in Salthill. While the range wa limited enough, all the trees were good quality and shape etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

JoeA3 wrote: »
    We were then told we could take a red ribbon and go out into the field and choose our own tree, and then find a man with a chainsaw to cut it down for us!
    Sounds like a cool thing to do with kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JoeA3

biko wrote: »
    Sounds like a cool thing to do with kids.

Very much so. It's very family orientated.

Advertisement