Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Practice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

El Caballo wrote: »
    She telling tales from the Turd's tub:p

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭aero2k

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hi aero :) Mine too, you'd think I'd be good at it by now.....:o

Ah now, you can't be keeping secrets, share....

I generally find eating without running the most digestible way.... ;):D

They are great aren't they. NOT to be performed in front of a loved one!

Well, I did it yesterday and I can't walk today - that enough info??:D

Oh, and the coconut flour - do you find that stops the rubber chafing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

I will thanks :) Am doing a TTTT as we speak :)
    Firedance wrote: »
    A what? And shouldn't you be in bed? (An hour before midnight worth 2 after!) :p
    TTTT?! You missed this?! Not sure what it actually stands for, something disgraceful am sure.....

I was very confused there for a minute...now I think, I don't want to know what a TTTT is :eek:

spaceylou wrote: »
    I was very confused there for a minute...now I think, I don't want to know what a TTTT is :eek:

Here's another snippet...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94065108&postcount=2076

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

El Caballo wrote: »
    She telling tales from the Turd's tub:p
    Not literally ElC, not literally.....
    Firedance wrote: »
    A what?
    spaceylou wrote: »

Sorry spaceylou, what is read cannot be unread and all that..... :o

And FD, we're quits, I genuinely thought Fliuch was a bona fide jazz magazine :o:o A fb post later in the day put me right....phórnó?! Ffs.... Béarlacais :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Where's the bloody rave thread when you need it??? Instead of sweating and groaning around the roads this morning, I am sitting in the local caff slurping sipping Americano and scoffing nibbling on a scone. This is the life. I have seen the light :cool:*

*I may also have a delirium tremens from running withdrawal....

And FD, we're quits, I genuinely thought Fliuch was a bona fide jazz magazine :o:o A fb post later in the day put me right....phórnó?! Ffs.... Béarlacais :rolleyes:

ya, so did I :rolleyes:, the moral of that story is you can't trust tang1 :o

Mulberry wrote: »
    I'm targeting sprint distance myself, primarily the 200M. I've only recently moved to this kind of training for the first time (c. 8 weeks ago) and I think it's the most demanding thing I've ever done. In terms of toll on the body even peak weeks during marathon training don't come close. And of all the sessions I've done, 400m reps are the toughest. Everything needs to be so well aligned, you need to be so relaxed, so fit, so strong, form just right, in the mood, well fueled, rested. That's just not going to happen every time so to read the below reassures me that you're human to be honest! Maybe these sessions are tougher on us masters too perhaps? For me years of sitting badly at a desk are taking their toll and it's fingers crossed that my dodgy right leg will hold it together for the outdoor season.

Yes for sure, I will come and say hi at the the next race. I won't be at the relays (unless I can get there to support) but will hopefully see you at the Leinsters.

I wish there were more people posting on sprint and MD training! It's fascinating and there's so much to learn.

Enjoy the rest, it's well-earned and the timing is right for you.

Thanks Mulberry and yes, when you put it like that....I am very very frail and human :D Definitely, life alone takes its toll on the ol body. Years of slumping, lazy walking, carrying etc not to mention lifting babbies, pushing buggies. It's a wonder we can walk, never mind run!

Fingers, legs and toes crossed for all us masterful masters. Actually, maybe not the toes....delicate metatarsals might object!

Good luck with the sprint training - be nice to that body! - and see you at the Leinsters, if not before :) ps, do you have a log here? Would love to see your training!

aero2k wrote: »
    Well, I did it yesterday and I can't walk today - that enough info??:D

Oh, and the coconut flour - do you find that stops the rubber chafing?

Yes thanks!!

Have you seen the price of that stuff?? :eek: I'd rather use powdered gold :D

Bit of a bust week. I took the planned Thursday and Friday rest days with good grace.*

On Thursday those weird gastro cramps came back and this time with a vengeance. Very debilitating this time and spent all of Friday in bed whimpering but mostly sleeping. Saturday still quite sore and wiped out. Sunday just a very faint remnant and got permission to go for a very easy run. Doc wednesday. Doctor Google told me what I have** :eek: but I suppose I'll let a real, qualified person have their €65 worth. Second time in a few weeks is a little bit suspicious but hopefully my digestive system has just taken a battering....twice.... :eek:

Thur
    Rest

Fri
    Rest

Sat
    Rest (no key ie K session.... :( )
    I had quietly entered the K Club and was even starting to look forward to it until the gastro thing visited again :mad: Anyway, it was a fantastic weekend for running by all accounts; from the West to Kildare, from the PP to Rotterdam and Manchester, well done all!
    My training partners are the business, one ran 38.xx in the K Club and the other swapped from the quarter marathon to the full at the last minute and 'jogged' around it in 3:15....with no fecking marathon-specific training!! I am pretty sure her longest run lately has been 12 miles! We are convinced she is part alien :D But talk about making you feel like the poor relation waah waah :D

Sun
    1 hour very easy, hip very faintly there in the background. Lower back still tight too. Legs not v bouncy either....
    Full body massage planned for Monday, fingers crossed, I cannot afford a chiro visit as well this week :eek:
    Plenty of hip and lower back stretching after, followed by a hot bath and more stretching in the bath.

*really
    **not really

Weekly total 16.25 miles
    Incl
    1 physio visit
    1 aborted session
    1 recovery run
    1 medium run
    What's that saying, the down times make you savour the good times more? Remind me again.....

Week beg 11 April

Remind me again.......
    Mon
    Back and hamstring had tightened so much, the end of the world was coming panic stations were womanned. Cancelled body massage and physiotherapist gave me an emergency appt. spent over an hour stretching and manoeuvring 'the thing' back in to place. Oh bliss! Now bloody stay there.

Looking back, this niggle has been there since january and treatment has generally made it go away for a few days but like knotweed, it just kept coming back. Intense training recently well, intensified it all. This time however, it was starting to affect my hamstring.

All well for:

Tue
    Gentle warm up, stretching and strides followed by 6x200m on track in flats at race pace. Hallelujah, moving fluidly and no niggles when running. I have a new body!!!! Ok, still the Windows 3 version....

Well of course we went too fast on the first two (37.5 and 37). Felt weird to think that we have been stringing two of them together recently....repeatedly :eek: The next four were very controlled and consistent: 40, 39, 40, 39, and felt like we were really holding back so a good pre-race confidence booster.

5 incl w/u and w/d

Now, where's the cotton wool for the next five days......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

My god sounds like you are in the horrors mind yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Windows 3? I'd take that, more like DOS over here. Nice work, looking good for relays.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Murph_D wrote: »
    Windows 3? I'd take that, more like DOS over here. Nice work, looking good for relays.

Murph I'd have thought over your side you were still operating an abacus and quill rather than a processor :)

Hope you're in the clear DG sounds like a tough week

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

You've really been in the wars lately :( I hope this week is much better for you and everything clears up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I sympathise AND empathise with your last few weeks! I'm just tentatively coming back from a MONTH of ankle / cold / cough / general malaise woes.

But I told myself better all at the same time than one after another, so at least you maximised your time off by having your tight hamstring and stomach flu at the same time :).

Hope you're fully better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

You've really been through the wars DG, sorry to see that it's one thing after the next - a real pain when you're just getting back into your stride and you get knocked by something else.

Rest up and listen to your body :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Sorry to see your under the weather DG, rest up & look after the body as others say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

I'm sure you'll still smash it at relays, rest up and relax and have a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Oops, missed the earlier part of your post. Tough week, but seems to be going in right direction. Hope the 'gastric thing' gets sorted out.

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    My god sounds like you are in the horrors mind yourself :)
    Murph I'd have thought over your side you were still operating an abacus and quill rather than a processor :)

Hope you're in the clear DG sounds like a tough week

TbL
    You've really been in the wars lately :( I hope this week is much better for you and everything clears up.
    HelenAnne wrote: »
    I sympathise AND empathise with your last few weeks! I'm just tentatively coming back from a MONTH of ankle / cold / cough / general malaise woes.

But I told myself better all at the same time than one after another, so at least you maximised your time off by having your tight hamstring and stomach flu at the same time :).

Hope you're fully better now!
    Neady83 wrote: »
    You've really been through the wars DG, sorry to see that it's one thing after the next - a real pain when you're just getting back into your stride and you get knocked by something else.

Rest up and listen to your body :)
    tang1 wrote: »
    Sorry to see your under the weather DG, rest up & look after the body as others say.
    Kennyg71 wrote: »
    I'm sure you'll still smash it at relays, rest up and relax and have a great race.
    Oops, missed the earlier part of your post. Tough week, but seems to be going in right direction. Hope the 'gastric thing' gets sorted out.

You're excused Murph. you probably have 'other' things on your mind right now :)

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, really, really appreciated :cool:

What is it called if it's actually genuine? Still sandbagging? Here goes anyway. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

What is it called if it's actually genuine? Still sandbagging? Here goes anyway. :P

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

All the hard work done so hopefully you're over the horrors now and will be in flying form for Sunday. Which leg are you doing ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Are ya heading down Ashford way next Wednesday night?

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    All the hard work done so hopefully you're over the horrors now and will be in flying form for Sunday. Which leg are you doing ?
    Hi BG, yes hopefully! Am doing the mile leg (well the mile plus 70m leg :rolleyes: but don't know whether it's leg #1 or #3 yet. Do you know yours yet?
    Are ya heading down Ashford way next Wednesday night?

Well am entered, yes and would love to run but it depends how Sunday goes....nasty whispering about resting :mad: :D You're having a lash, yeah? Or has 'that' toenail not given you septicemia yet???!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Hi BG, yes hopefully! Am doing the mile leg (well the mile plus 70m leg :rolleyes: but don't know whether it's leg #1 or #3 yet. Do you know yours yet?

Well am entered, yes and would love to run but it depends how Sunday goes....nasty whispering about resting :mad: :D You're having a lash, yeah? Or has 'that' toenail not given you septicemia yet???!!

God yes. Have a few scores to settle with that Parnell crowd:D.
    I'll just have to limp up to the start line and hope for the best....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Best of luck Sunday DG. Hoping to be there, might be marshalling, depends on kids football match times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭nop98

Good luck! Hope to hear all about it one morning! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Good luck in the relays DG!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Kick ass on Sunday, A!

• Advertisement

best of luck tomorrow A!!!

Advertisement