Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Target Practice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Congratulations.
    Super result.
    Going to have to start indulging in the red wine diet myself if this is what it results in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Wow, that's amazing. You should be so proud. No talking it down lady! I think you have earned some more wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A super, super run. Over that final 500m it looked like 2nd place was gaining ground on you, so I reckon that finishing kick was timed just right to kill off a final assault and you finished with a comfortable lead. County Senior gold medal. They can never take that away from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

That's fantastic! Wow, what an achievement. Great report, you really had your game face on. I bet Fionnuala's relieved she was in Bulgaria :D. Congratulations and enjoy a well-deserved recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

That's fantastic DG!! Well done, great report too - it felt like I was right there reading it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Great running Dubgal!!!!! Fantastic report, I am in awe. Many more medals where that came from.

Love the wine warmup and prosecco cool down regime :)

But what's a Dubgal doing as wickla champion... When are the Dublin championships? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Wow!!! Deadly, well done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Super result! County champion is a super title to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Many congratulations - super result :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mimojo

Absolutely deadly, many congrats, excellent race report! Dont put yourself down one bit, you had a super performance!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Wow! Fantastic to read this!!! That is brill. You should be extremely proud! 2015 is going to be an exciting year for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Great running! We're in good company here on this forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Holy moley. Great win! Bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Thank you everybody! I will reply properly...mañana :D

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭kildaremum

Wow - be proud and delighted. A win is terrific. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Absolutely fantastic result - sounds like you ran the perfect race and then some!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Netwerk Errer

Well done DG! Cracking run and report.

Whoop whoop. Feckin brilliant race and a really good report to match. Congrats:D
    Thanks K :D Hope to see you at the Tom Brennan, I 'll be relying on you to pace me and bring me in near 20 as you break it ;)
    yaboya1 wrote: »
    Congratulations.
    Super result.
    Going to have to start indulging in the red wine diet myself if this is what it results in :D
    Thanks, at least you're not saying 'but what if you DIDN't drink it :)
    SamforMayo wrote: »
    Wow, that's amazing. You should be so proud. No talking it down lady! I think you have earned some more wine!
    Thanks SfM, I am proud, still buzzing today :) I took your advice there and had some more wine :D
    A super, super run. Over that final 500m it looked like 2nd place was gaining ground on you, so I reckon that finishing kick was timed just right to kill off a final assault and you finished with a comfortable lead. County Senior gold medal. They can never take that away from you.
    Hey, thanks! Dunno if it was finishing kick or flail but glad it did the trick. As this sinks in, it is really making me want to thank the European Championship schedule committee :D Nice running yourself, especially considering I get the impression XC is not your thing?! Nice work on the team gold....no they can never take it away...but we do have to be given them first, awards ceremony?!! :D

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    That's fantastic! Wow, what an achievement. Great report, you really had your game face on. I bet Fionnuala's relieved she was in Bulgaria :D. Congratulations and enjoy a well-deserved recovery.
    Hehe and thanks, she's not the only one who is relieved she was there :D
    laura_ac3 wrote: »
    That's fantastic DG!! Well done, great report too - it felt like I was right there reading it :)
    Thanks Lac3 :D
    annapr wrote: »
    Great running Dubgal!!!!! Fantastic report, I am in awe. Many more medals where that came from.

Love the wine warmup and prosecco cool down regime :)

But what's a Dubgal doing as wickla champion... When are the Dublin championships? ;)
    Thanks annapr, have to keep the liquids in ;) Your comment made me nearly choke on my Prosecco ;) with chuckling, well spotted sharp eyes. What can I say? I have dual citizenship :D born and bred in Dublin but my <3 is in Wicklow :)
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Wow!!! Deadly, well done!!
    Thank you! :D
    pconn062 wrote: »
    Super result! County champion is a super title to have.
    Thanks, when you put it like that...! (Still not quite real) :D
    Bulmers74 wrote: »
    Many congratulations - super result :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Fantastic you're doing Tom Brennan!! I was thinking yesterday that I might not bother but I'll definitely do it if you are .... we can drag each other round :D

• Advertisement

Mimojo wrote: »
    Absolutely deadly, many congrats, excellent race report! Dont put yourself down one bit, you had a super performance!!
    Thank you, really appreciate it! :D
    Ososlo wrote: »
    Wow! Fantastic to read this!!! That is brill. You should be extremely proud! 2015 is going to be an exciting year for you!
    Thank YOU for all your encouragement! 2015...no pressure then?! :D
    Great running! We're in good company here on this forum :)
    Thanks *shucks* :D
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Holy moley. Great win! Bravo.
    Thank you!! :)
    kildaremum wrote: »
    Wow - be proud and delighted. A win is terrific. Well done.
    Thank you kildaremum, I will :D
    Tom Joad wrote: »
    Absolutely fantastic result - sounds like you ran the perfect race and then some!!
    Thanks TJ, the gamble paid off but it coulda ended in tears :)
    Well done DG! Cracking run and report.
    thank you! Feeling good today :D

Fantastic you're doing Tom Brennan!! I was thinking yesterday that I might not bother but I'll definitely do it if you are .... we can drag each other round :D
    Deal :D Might even do the ferrycarrig 5 on the 4th as well, but will be focusing on the TB I think. It's probably a bit of a jump on my part but how cool would it be to start filling in the table on the 1st :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Wow. Fantastic performance and great guts. Super racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Well done, super result and a most enjoyable race report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭barryoneill50

Well done, epic....

Wow. Fantastic performance and great guts. Super racing.
    paddybarry wrote: »
    Well done, super result and a most enjoyable race report.
    Well done, epic....
    Thanks, still not quite registered yet. All my non-running friends think it's hilarious I have a 'senior' title. I think they're expecting me to apply for my bus pass next. This is why I love boards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    All my non-running friends think it's hilarious I have a 'senior' title. I think they're expecting me to apply for my bus pass next. This is why I love boards :D

That's so funny. My sis-in-law (perfectly lovely in every other way) regularly asks me if I'm still jogging...

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    That's so funny. My sis-in-law (perfectly lovely in every other way) regularly asks me if I'm still jogging...
    Blinkin sedentaries.... *eye roll* :D:D

Last week mileage total: 39
    Happy enough with that and intend to stay within the 35-42 bracket for the next month or so, hopefully introducing double runs on a Tuesday and Thursday, gradually.

Monday 15 December
    Rest

Tuesday 16 December
    Core: back to Day 1 of 30 Day Challenge plus a few knee bends and heels drops. This does not mean I have completed the challenge and am repeating the cycle...merely that I completed day 1 a couple of weeks ago. :o

Evening (nearly 9pm :-/ ): 10 miles lsr/recovery run, av 8:40 pace
    This was a post-race 'form and assessment run'. Everything ticked positively. Felt good with little or no remnants of Sunday's race in the legs, even the wind played ball and carried me home from miles 6-9 (despite bringing me to a virtual standstill a couple of times between miles 3-5). Pace ranged from easy to the lower-mid range of steady, no discomfort or forced effort. Nicely tired at finish.

Wednesday 17 December
    3.5 miles easy
    Lack of sleep is beginning to take its toll this week (coughing kids) and nearly didn't go out. Glad I did as looks like the next 3-4 days are going to be enforced rest days :eek: due to usual family baby sitters being occupied with Christmas preparations. How inconsiderate :D
    So with all my spare time :rolleyes: by Monday, you should expect me to be on Day 53 of the 30 Day Challenge :)

• Advertisement

Thursday 18 December
    Rest, club drinks that night. There was dancing involved at the end. Late home for the mil sitting with the kids but luckily I didn't have to face the wrath :eek: as OH got home half an hour before me :D

Friday 19 December
    8miles incl 5.25 tempo run. Felt I was flying on this, pace probably low 7m/m but paid for it as hip started to niggle badly enough towards the end. Getting a second opinion on it next week.

Saturday 20 December
    ?

sun 21 December
    Left it til late enough to go out for this. I had intended a lsr of 90 minutes but hip, hangover and time dictated a 45 min run, hip ok as long as I kept pace easy-steady and concentrated on form.

weekly total 27miles(only four runs:( )

Mon 22 December
    A late run (9pm): 6.5m easy effort at steady pace. Felt good.

Tuesday 23 December
    Early run (9am): no breakfast, just water and isotonic drink which I took with me for after session. This was a fartlek session: 3m warm up to park followed by 4miles fartlek of 10x400m surges with 200m in between each surge. This felt great, felt very strong and pushed myself hard enough. The hip only niggled on the 10th surge and the 200m were at a steady enough pace. 3m jog recovery jog home. All continuous, 10 miles. Really pleased to have got that done with for the day.
    Have a 10k planned for tomorrow but might pare that back if I decide to do a Goal mile on Thursday. There was a 'strictly no running on Christmas Day' rule in our house growing up but I'd really like to do a fast mile...decisions decisions....

Have a Happy Christmas boardsies, remember eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we run it all off! :D:D

Advertisement