Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access Help - Kilcock/Maynooth area

Options
  • 14-11-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Hi, Im looking for someone who's good with MS Access that can sit with me for maybe two hours a week for about 2 to 3 weeks to assist in building an MS Access Database.
    Im self taught and struggling with some sections of a database im trying to build.
    Preferably I'd like someone local that can come to my residence or I can drop to them if in the Kildare area. A Student would be ideal !

I can pay €20 an hour.

Thanks !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Can't help you on the face-to-face bit, but if you throw out specific questions here there are several folks who'll try to assist, me included.

What bits are you having trouble with, and what have you tried so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Well, it's kinda hard to explain on paper, the database is pretty big and has to have a lot of complexity. But let me throw out one relatively straight forward issue.

I was looking to see if I can have some advice on List Boxes, I want to use a list box in a form to select a from a list of products and use the selected list in a query or multiple queries.

The key issue being I want to be able to select multiple products from the list box and have the query run for all the selected products by using "[FORMS]![FORMNAME]![FORMLIST]" in the parameter of my query

But I have found that the list box will only let me select one molecule at a time. Even if I change the list box to allow me to select multiple products by holding down CTRL, the queries will still only run one product.

So My list box will drop down like this....

Product 1
    Product 2
    Product 3
    Product 4
    Product 5
    Product 6

But I may want to selct Just product 1 OR I may want to selct Product 3 5 and 6 and have my queri run for the items I selected in the form.

I am open to changing the method if a Form List box does not suit, but I don't want to have to type the list of products manually into the parameters.

Hope that makes sense ?>

Thanks a mill !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Multi selects require a little work
    http://access.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0007.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Storm99

Thanks a mill ! I appreciate that, unfortunately that's a bit beyond my ability ! :( Im not sure how to create a control in my query and then Im not sure of all the variables I have to change in the code to select to my forms and fields.

This is why I wanted to get a person to person session. The consultancy agencies are ridiculous money, so a student looking for some spare cash would be ideal.

Im on a tight budget ;)

Advertisement