Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laws on handymen

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭duckcfc

bertie 56 wrote: »
    I understand now why all my shelves are crooked ! :eek:

:D:D:D

A good joiner would have taken the unevenness out. I take it you done it yourself

Using bits of paper and your pals in government to turn your competitors into criminals overnight is a very old idea.

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws. -- Tacitus, Roman Senator

When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing—when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors—when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don’t protect you against them, but protect them against you—when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice—you may know that your society is doomed. – Ayn Rand; Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Gas men
    Electricans
    Architects (arch techs!!)
    Builders
    Who's next - mechanics? hairdressers?

What are you trying to say?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

duckcfc wrote: »
    A good joiner would have taken the unevenness out.

Yep, the plasterer says " it's because the joiner did a bad job "
    And the joiner says : " it's because the plasterer did a bad job" .

That's always the same problem... " it's the other one's fault, not mine ! "

:confused:

( it's a fiction story, by the way :rolleyes: )
    But I'm surprised by the +/-10mm and +/-5mmm tolerance , it seems a lot : is it for whichever length of wall, or for a given length ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I was always thought plus or minus 3 that was ita.no messing, if I was working with a spread that left 5 mm in a corner of a wall or 10 mm between corners I'd pack my gear and head home

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

whupdedo wrote: »
    I was always thought plus or minus 3 that was ita.no messing, if I was working with a spread that left 5 mm in a corner of a wall or 10 mm between corners I'd pack my gear and head home

As my old boss used to say if I told him an eight of an inch was nothing in a wall " an eight of an inch is alot on the top of a mouses flute "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

duckcfc wrote: »
    What are you trying to say?

I think the point is being made is that the day is approcahing when you will need to obtain a plasterers licence. To do only what you have been doing all your working life. And for the benefit only of another govt quango - but of no benefit whatsover to you of course.

Might not happen either....

whupdedo wrote: »

I always thought it was 3mm also. Being 10mm out seems madness but hey, some idiot with a suit and computer says that's the way it is so us simple fcukers who've been on site our entire lives have to obey!

Advertisement