Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing your girlfriend to a nightclub

Options
  • 11-11-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭

Is this something any of you guys do much? My gf has been asking me to go clubbing with her lately. I went with her a couple of times but didn't enjoy it much. TBH, the only reason I ever went clubbing was to meet women. It kind of seems pointless now.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Eh yea. In the past(oldfart reporting), I've often gone clubbing with girlfriends and why not? And I'm saying that as a man who because of coordination normally found in a three legged horse with St Vitus dance would be best served avoiding the dance floor. Then again I never went to clubs to "pull", so maybe that's it? I went for the craic with mates and the drink after the pub turfed me out(though if I'm being completely honest for a bit of a sideways look at the ladies and nada wrong with that I say).

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Putins Future Assassin

You could always suggest looking for a suitable threesome participant. It boggles my mind that so many men have never asked their girlfriends/wives for a three some with another woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You could always suggest looking for a suitable threesome participant. It boggles my mind that so many men have never asked their girlfriends/wives for a three some with another woman.

Ye know with a few drinks on me I might just ask her that. :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Putins Future Assassin, that's your first post(Like I believe that)? Take a week off to bone up on the charter and general and obvious guidelines on posting in this forum.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wibbs wrote: »
    I've often gone clubbing with girlfriends and why not?

I always hated night clubs. So glad that phase of my life is over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Is this something any of you guys do much? My gf has been asking me to go clubbing with her lately. I went with her a couple of times but didn't enjoy it much. TBH, the only reason I ever went clubbing was to meet women. It kind of seems pointless now.

Something she likes doing and something you don't. Treat it the same as any other occasion where you have a difference of opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

I went with mine twice hated eh. Couldnt enjoy myself she was just constantly around me.Only go with my own mates now and she goes with hers.

Well I guess the OP is just a verification of what we knew already - what you get out of anything will depend on what you go into it hoping to get from it. If all night clubs are to you are an area to meet women - and you have no longer an interest in meeting women - then of course it is "pointless" to go there now.

Clearly however other people who attend such places do so under a different set of priorities - and therefore are likely to find different points and benefits of it.

As for taking girlfriends there - I can not think of a single reason why not. And I did try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

If you are going with just your girlfriend then it can potentially end up a right pain if she likes to dance and you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Yeah. We often hit the club together but drift off with friends and find our way back together when we wanted some shifting. Can be annoying to see other fella's chatting her up and herself loving the attention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Glebee

Last time I was in a night club I got a bottle thrown at me as the girlfriend at the time found out I was seeing somebody else. Not very nice I know,, but it was along time ago.

Can be annoying to see other fella's chatting her up and herself loving the attention.

Yeah that's another thing. I'd rather just go to the pub where there's less of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

skallywag wrote: »
    If you are going with just your girlfriend then it can potentially end up a right pain if she likes to dance and you don't.

Situation with my girlfriend. I prefer going with even a small group that way I can chill and sit down with 1 or 2 and she can have a little boogie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ya but as part of a group, I get a great laugh out of pointing out lads eyeing her up shes oblivious to it, but my preference pubs they're quieter and with less bad music

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

I never liked going to nightclubs with the missus, i always felt i had to mind her and never enjoyed it, you know women with handbags and high heels and all that hassle, as you say nightclubs are for pulling so a bit pointless when you have a gf, if i am going to a nightclub i prefer to go with a few mates and just look after myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Bringing Coal to Newcastle, Snow to the North Pole, Sand to Arabia...

But, yeah - the missus likes to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭mountsky

Late bars are much better!

mountsky wrote: »
    Late bars are much better!

But very different.

smcgiff wrote: »
    Bringing Coal to Newcastle, Snow to the North Pole, Sand to Arabia...

There's coal in Newcastle? You learn something everyday.

There's coal in Newcastle? You learn something everyday.

Do you not remember Andy? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

Didn't know it was normal not to bring the woman to a night club. Makes sense when you think about it. Nightclubs are sheet anyways. Didn't even like them when I was single

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

yea niteclubs are a bit sh*te, i used to think i liked them but i cant stand them now, too loud, you lose all your mates inside, too crowded, every class of a yahoo is p*ssed, the bar is too busy, the drink is s*ite, glad i dont go to any now, its amazing how your life changes, once, i wouldnt dream of staying in on a saturday night now i love it, would others be the same? i'm in my 30's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭deadybai

jezzer wrote: »
    yea niteclubs are a bit sh*te, i used to think i liked them but i cant stand them now, too loud, you lose all your mates inside, too crowded, every class of a yahoo is p*ssed, the bar is too busy, the drink is s*ite, glad i dont go to any now, its amazing how your life changes, once, i wouldnt dream of staying in on a saturday night now i love it, would others be the same? i'm in my 30's

Im 21 and while I do prefer a a good pub with a daycent band, I'd prefer to stay in and not drink than go to a sh11ty nightlub

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

jezzer wrote: »
    its amazing how your life changes, once, i wouldnt dream of staying in on a saturday night now i love it, would others be the same? i'm in my 30's

Yep. That is what age does to you. Not willing to sacrifice my Sunday for a wild one on Saturday. Would rather a Chinese, a DVD and a couple of bottles of Tyskie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

If you bring your girl to a nightclub you better stay sober and watch her like a hawk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

I wouldn't go out with a woman who likes nightclubs.

So no. Its not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Can be annoying to see other fella's chatting her up and herself loving the attention.

That's dumpable behaviour, for me.

If you bring your girl to a nightclub you better stay sober and watch her like a hawk.

That probably depends more on the individual girl I would have thought. If you feel like you have to watch her like a hawk there is not much trust going on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That probably depends more on the individual girl I would have thought. If you feel like you have to watch her like a hawk there is not much trust going on there

Well most of the time you can trust them but you still better keep an eye on them. What I hate is when they hand their numbers out to some guy they met that night. Very disrespectful.

• Advertisement

What I hate is when they hand their numbers out to some guy they met that night. Very disrespectful.

That's a very Gentlemen's Club way of putting it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement