Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theme park in UK bans unaccompanied adults on 'child protection grounds'

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

Chunners wrote: »
    And you can tell by looking the difference between two gay men and two straight men that are just friends? like is there a criteria that you follow? should gay men go to the ticket counter and say "Aww sure you can let us in we're a couple"? sorry I'm just trying to understand your thinking here, explain to me how people selling tickets are suppose to know the difference between say two gay males going in with their nieces and nephews and two brothers going in with their sons and daughters?

Just camp it up and hold hands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 424 ✭✭Chunners

Just camp it up and hold hands.

So then if thats your only criteria whats to stop two straight pedophiles from just "camping it up and holding hands" until they get past security?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Earl Turner

So then if thats your only criteria whats to stop two straight pedophiles from just "camping it up and holding hands" until they get past security?

Nothing. Relax lad, no one's going to stop you from going to the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Glad I grew up in the 70s and 80s before pedos were invented.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Madness.

While back in reality the sad truth is that children would be abused by those closest to them in their own homes rather than the lone person in a theme park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Holsten wrote: »
    Madness.

While back in reality the sad truth is that children would be abused by those closest to them in their own homes rather than the lone person in a theme park.

Yes, most cases of child abuse are perpetrated by someone known to the child. This is ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to keep the daily mail peado on every corner types happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Statistics have clearly show children are usually abused by people they know, Random strangers almost never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Whoever came up with this rule is suffering from a severe case of utter stupidity.

Nothing. Relax lad, no one's going to stop you from going to the park.

Ha see what you did there, strangely enough if I did the same and implied you were a pedophile (since it is a know fact that, as a straight man, you are more likely to be one than me) all **** would break loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Ha see what you did there, strangely enough if I did the same and implied you were a pedophile (since it is a know fact that, as a straight man, you are more likely to be one than me) all **** would break loose.

We are all sufficiently aware that you're offended. You can move on, now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If this is actually true then it's madness. Are all single adults deemed to be potential paedophiles now?:confused::mad:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

JupiterKid wrote: »
    If this is actually true then it's madness. Are all single adults deemed to be potential paedophiles now?:confused::mad:

No they aren't but some places aren't aimed at adults so any adult that wants to hang out alone in a place specifically aimed at children are deemed suspect enough to not allow. No soft play centres allow adults without children because the facilities are exclusively for children and the only legitimate reason an adult has to attend is to accompany a child in their care. This place is similar, the attractions are all aimed at children, so the only reason an adult would legitimately have to be there is to take a child.

That said, if adults are really only welcome as guardians of the target customers, adults should not be charged for entry.

iguana wrote: »
    This place is similar, the attractions are all aimed at children, so the only reason an adult would legitimately have to be there is to take a child.

Unless you have an interest in falconry. Maybe he wanted to molest a bird. I guess we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

This place is similar, the attractions are all aimed at children, so the only reason an adult would legitimately have to be there is to take a child.

If you had read the whole thread you would know that isn't true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

Sorry, no single paedophiles allowed. Form a circle and come back as a group please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

This

Proves this

Just saying like :rolleyes:

There used to be a person who thought allowing two men to marry would mean all the peodophiles would get married so they could adopt children. Its a mad idea and I have no idea where it came from.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

psinno wrote: »
    If you had read the whole thread you would know that isn't true.

I read the thread and then I looked through the website of the park in question. It's a kids park, not a universal park. The attractions are all for kids. If you have a real interest in falconry, this isn't the place to go as the falconry experience on offer here is aimed at children not adult enthusiasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

''In you come Ian and Myra'', (thinks) god, they're a lovely couple...

I read the thread and then I looked through the website of the park in question. It's a kids park, not a universal park. The attractions are all for kids. If you have a real interest in falconry, this isn't the place to go as the falconry experience on offer here is aimed at children not adult enthusiasts.

It's fucking birds. Birds aren't aimed at any one. They are birds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    This is ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to keep the daily mail peado on every corner types happy.

The Daily Mail were not the first the report this. They picked it up from a local paper in the region. The Western Gazette.

It's true too. From Puxton Parks website;
    We are sorry but we are unable to let single MEN OR WOMEN without children into the park. If you are here to meet someone let one of our reception staff know and they will happily do a tannoy announcement asking them to come and meet you.

As for those saying that there is no reason for single adults to be in the park. There is an organic farm, farm foodshop, falconry expo and fully licensed restaurant there too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Odd that the mayor in the bumper boat video on the front page was not refused entry. Also would all the staff be children then ? Or do employees have to bring their children to work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Do the staff have to bring their kids to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Carlos Orange

The parks own press statement acknowledges that adults are interested in falconry and that that on certain days that portion of the park is accessible to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

the_syco wrote: »
    Do the staff have to bring their kids to work?

no, just their police vetting reports

We are all sufficiently aware that you're offended. You can move on, now.

Why? it's not like any of you leave a bone before you strip all the meat off it is it now?

Why? it's not like any of you leave a bone before you strip all the meat off it is it now?

I'M A VEGAN BOVINEKIN AND YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

No they aren't but some places aren't aimed at adults so any adult that wants to hang out alone in a place specifically aimed at children are deemed suspect enough to not allow. No soft play centres allow adults without children because the facilities are exclusively for children and the only legitimate reason an adult has to attend is to accompany a child in their care. This place is similar, the attractions are all aimed at children, so the only reason an adult would legitimately have to be there is to take a child.

That said, if adults are really only welcome as guardians of the target customers, adults should not be charged for entry.

So any peado should bring their own kids when on the prowl, if they want to take a child.

I just dont know how Santa is going to fare in all this, I think Capn birdseye is dead or in prison, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Areyouwell

can't we just ban kids. then this problem would disappear.

Would be the ideal solution alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭masculinist

Where are the parents of these children ? Children should always be supervised by their parents. The kids spend the overwhelming majority of their lives not at the theme park and in the care of their parents and thats where the majority of the risk is. It seems the theme park thinks it can do a better job than the parents. Sadly that will be true for some kids.

At least this is a gender equitable rule from the theme park unlike the policies of for example some airlines despite statistics which show abuse to more evenly divided between the sexes than the popular notion : http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/08/16/separating-men-and-children-is-discrimination-plane-and-simple

So long as the policy is gender neutral, if the Theme park feels it cannot cope with child protection with its own internal checks then I think it is its own business if it wants to turn away the cash business of singletons.... No business turns down money easily without a good reason.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Has anyone actually been abused in this park by a single peado on the prowl?
    People defending this decision needs their heads and attitude examined.

Advertisement